Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars the Clone Wars Cartoon  (Read 20012 times)
Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 01:24:50 AM »

Darth Maul IS NOT coming back. It is a new character named Savage Opress. He is a Zabrak, like Darth Maul, and was trained by the Nightsisters of Dathomir. It is possible he is related to Darth Maul but he is not Maul.

the cartoon is a completely different story line then the movies though

It still takes place within the same timeline though, NOT an alternate universe. It is set between Episodes II and III.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:28:09 AM by Wolfen » Logged

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 01:30:28 AM »

Hey maybe Mace Windu is still alive?

Maybe he is...
Others have survived dismemberment, and force lightning, and getting thrown out of windows. Maybe not all at the same time, but hey, it could happen, right?

I think it's possible; "not probable," to quote Captain Jack. In the movies Windu is viewed as one of the most powerful on the Jedi Council and definitely one it's best swordsmen. It looked like a really long fall...but you never know.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 01:39:38 AM »

According to Robot Chicken, I think Mace is pretty dead...

With the whole Savage thing, he is suppose to be Maul's brother. I like what season 2 tried to do and hopefully what season 3 will do. They explore different ideas (the whole Mandalore thing and bounty hunter thing, as well as having different points of views from the clones and such) and with 3, though the first part of the season has been pretty mneeeehhhhh, it will hopefully get better. The nightsister story line, love it. The whole different planet with Ashoka probablly dying, that is even better. But, we will see. Only thing I really dont like is the timeline. The original Clone Wars cartoon started at the end of Ep.II and picks up exactly at the beginning of Ep.III. The Clone Wars Animated takes place somewhere in the timeline, somehow between the couple of seconds it took Grievous to fly into space and Obi-Wan/Anakin to get the chancellor (Mace snapped Greivous' back that made him cough! Shouldn't be coughing in the animated serious!). I may be a little nit-picky, but damn it they should think about this stuff!

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 01:43:55 AM »

Mace is dead. End of story.

The Clone Wars is pretty messed up. It basically takes all previously created Clone Wars material, the old animated series, comics etc, and shunts them to the first year of the war. It messes up established timelines. But then, George does like to continuously tinker with his creation.

I think it's fun to watch the show but I will never accept it as official Star Wars canon.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 01:47:39 AM »

Yeah, kind of what you said Wolfen. It is neat seeing the things we all ready know come to real life, well, cg life, but they still have to cater to everyone watching it and still make money off of it. So, with that, we still get the really long, dragged out episodes. Oh well, hopes to better episodes.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 03:31:54 AM »

Ventress is not a Nightsister. If not for my training, I'd chuck a saber now...

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 03:33:26 AM »

Oh yeah, get the Dark Horse comics if you want to know how the Clone Wars really happened...

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 06:23:51 AM »

It has begun, Mauls Kin as begun his training with the Count, Cant wait to see this unfold

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 07:53:01 AM »

Is this show worth following? If so what channel is it on and what time?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »

Is this show worth following? If so what channel is it on and what time?

It's on Cartoon Network at 8:30 ET on Fridays. There's also a Saturday morning replay but I don't know what time.

I'd say it's worth watching. There's some controversy among fans as to what's cannon and what isn't, as well as some fans who don't believe it's cannon at all(as you've seen in this threade). But it's still a good show.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 06:54:57 PM »

Since I tripped over this thread...

Anyone else ready to bash some heads together over how badly established canon has been shredded when it comes to Dathomir? Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Dathomir was first written about it was Clans not Covens, Spells only and no Potions, and they SPECIFICALLY SAID that there had been NO CLAN of Nightsisters until 'a few seasons ago' when Gethzerion had united them. (Also, Gethzerion had no daughters, so this leader of the Nightsisters we saw CAN'T be her. Even under a different name, no way) The surrounding text always seemed to me to imply that meant sometime AFTER the clone wars. Especially since the troops abandoned on the quarantined planet were IMPERIAL, and they referred to Palpatine as the EMPEROR. They said the EMPIRE built a base there, and that base was new enough to have all the tech we saw the Empire have in the OT. Well, all the ground tech anyways, since their spaceport was obliterated. Also, I don't remember any Zabrak Colony. Do you?

Sorry if I seem to be ranting here, but the last two episodes basically torched one of my favorite EU novels. I actually thoroughly enjoyed the Bounty Hunter stuff. And have loved what they've been doing with the individual clones. I just hate to see established canon shredded like this. It's not fair to us as fans, or to the people who wrote the previous canon.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »

Just watched ep13 and again i was disappointed. Zabrak colony? Assaij single handedly fighting of some adult Zabrak warriors? Zabrak warrior manipulation thingy? DARTH MAULS BROTHER (or something)? I don't like the way they are going. Dooku should have send Assaij on a suicide mission against Anakin just like in the cartoon series.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 05:08:24 PM »

Yes! Thank you! How hard is it to make the show stick to canon? Heck! Star Trek keeps better canon than Clone Wars is doing! (And personally, btw, I'm a BIG Trek fan, but I have no probs admitting they suck at keeping continuity. lol) It seems every time I need to look at an article on Wookiepedia now, there's a note that says Clone Wars conflicts with existing canon in this article yadda yadda yadda. I'm getting so sick of this 'lets rewrite everything how we would have done it because we can' attitude they are taking with this show...

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »

To be fair that happens in any franchise that's around for a while. And with a property that is as large and incorporates as large a universe, in as much media as Star Wars, you have to expect a few hiccups here and there.

Now that being said, I am also annoyed that they step on canon so much. But we also have to remember, Clone Wars I believe is considered George Lucas canon, so it trumps everything else out there(except the movies of coarse.), like it or not.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 05:35:33 PM »

True. Still, personally, I've been very dissatisfied with Lucas's attitude of 'the books don't count, nothing but what I wrote and did counts. Only my movies and the books I wrote count. Nothing else is real.' If that's how much he wants to control his stuff, then he should never have allowed sanctioned works based off his stuff. Or else he should have stated it as non-canon from the beginning. See, Star Trek has tons of books too... but none of them are considered canon, and have not been since Next Generation came out to the best of my knowledge. With Star Wars, books have sort of always been accepted canon. And true, you have to expect a few toes to be stepped on with crossing over and negating earlier established canon.... but this is just ridiculous. It's like the writers read the books and deliberately decided they wanted to change them just because they could. To me, that's unacceptable. And it's an even bigger shame from where I'm sitting, because there have been alot of episodes in this show before now that I REALLY liked! Honestly, this is hitting me like the (IMO) horrific lack of writing for Episode III all over again. It seems the focus is do what we want and think will be cool, and throw everything else out the window. Even if it means abandoning the story for the sake of adding another special effect. It's very sad to see.

I am not a color...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: