Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fixing Blades  (Read 1664 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: March 06, 2013, 06:28:31 AM »

Hey guys. Just a quick question. Can you take a metal nail filer to a blade and fix indents from the retention screws? There is indents all over the place on the bottom of some of my Mid Grades and I just want to get them fixed up. Or would that ruin the look of the blades? Or if done right maybe add more flare at the emitter? Thanks for any input on this. =] I know you guys use sand paper sometimes but we don't have any at the moment.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:35:40 AM »

I dont know really. I just try to use the same place all the time with the same blades.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 08:13:17 AM »

I just need new blades. I want to replace them all with regular Heavy Grade blades. They are amazing. You still get maximum brightness with maximum strength at the same time. My next order will probably be new blades then. And I will still have like 3 Ultra Edge Heavy Grades as well. If anyone else can answer my question though that would be great. If not I'll probably just take a sander to the blades and do it properly. What sand paper grit would you say to use?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:43:29 AM »

if you try to sand the indentations out , you are going to have to go below the marks on the blade. if you have lets say fifteen indentations you could possibly weaken the blade in that area.  you will be taking a bit of the blade away making it thinner and a result the blade could crack either tightening the screw during dueling.  your best bet is to cut the blade just above the highest set screw mark and reglue the film to the inside of the blade.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 08:12:35 PM »

Mine are full of these too, Zren, but they'll hold just fine with them there. If the emitter hides the marks, there's nothing to worry about!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:14:12 PM »

Some of the dents are way above the emitter though and it just bugs me. Also I won't flod the thread with another question but... ! US2.5 can fit in my Dominix saber! I'm planning on adding sound to it then. But only thing I don't know is what type of cyan led was sent with my saber. Is it the old cyan or the new rgb version, if whichever then which led current settings would I need? This is a big discovery for me. :d I'll also be getting Neutrino sound for my other Dominix that my brother now has since they are the same boards anyway. So glad I decided to keep my soundboard. xp I was going to sell it but not now.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:20:54 AM »

Some of the dents are way above the emitter though and it just bugs me.

Ahh, I know what you mean. I've been lucky for the fact that all of my sabers' emitters hide the retention screw dents. Would a custom emitter shroud be able to hide them? You're pretty talented with making those.  Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 02:53:33 AM »

Just curious, but how are you getting retention screw dents "way above the emitter," unless you are swapping your blades between different sabers?  When I remove a blade, I tend to know which saber it belongs to and try to align the retention screw mark close to where it was originally set so as to avoid creating dents all over the blade.

Graflex CE: AB/AS
Overlord: (x2) BR/AS-HP/AS
Shock LE: AS/AB
Manticore: (x2) CG/AS-VA/AS
Guardian: GB/AS
Archon: FO/SY
Crimson Reaper: (x2) SY/AS-AS/BR
Dark Arbiter: CG/AS
Phantom Initiate v3: BR/AS
Phantasm Initiate v3: CG/AS
Raven: GB/AS
Dark War Glaive: PO/AS
Dark Standard: AS/BR
Menace CE: Emerald

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 03:04:22 AM »

Just mess ups and tiredness sometimes. Like on one of them I put the blade in the other way around and there is an indent near the tip. xp I was tired that time though and didn't really pay attention. Heh.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: