Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need a little help with the Obsidian luncher.  (Read 2550 times)
Ashlockheart
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: March 06, 2013, 07:44:25 PM »

Hello. I think I might have posted in the wrong form. I hope this is the right one. Anyways. I am hopeing some one has played with the Obsidian luncher enough to figer out the numbers with the motions, and thresholds. If you could throw up some numbers for me that would be great. I just can't figer out how to get it accuret enough. I have played with it, but its still not timing right with every thing. I am still clashing with out hitting some thing, and the swings are not really on Q ether. Can any one help?

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:20:32 AM »

Its hard to judge. My swings are set to low thresh holds, and clashes can even register as quick movements that stop, as the sensor is in the hilt. I would just lower swings and raise clashes. Try different amounts as it varies in different hilts.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:51:36 PM »

Here are the settings for my Bellicose and my son's Prophecy. They can get you started!

For a heavier saber like a Bellicose:

For a lighter saber like a Prophecy:

If you're using the new launcher, just use the numbers. The settings above won't be exact, but they will be close at least!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

mslevitz
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »

I too have been wondering about the threshold bars.  Is  there a thread or video that thoroughly explains this section of the obsidion launcher?

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 07:17:08 PM »

I too have been wondering about the threshold bars.  Is  there a thread or video that thoroughly explains this section of the obsidion launcher?

Not sure if there's a video, but the threshold, when increased, makes the saber LESS sensitive to either the swing or the clash.

The integration time allows for the swings to happen more frequently. If that's what you want, LOWER the integration time.

Same is true for the clash debouncing time. A lower value there means the clashes will repeat more quickly. The minimum time between repetitions makes the clashes happen closer or farther from each other. A lower value means closer together. (A very low value gives almost a drum-roll effect with the clashes).

This is further explained in the Launcher's help file, but the above is a generalized guide. Let us know if you have questions! Smiley

mslevitz
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 02:33:40 PM »

Not sure if there's a video, but the threshold, when increased, makes the saber LESS sensitive to either the swing or the clash.

The integration time allows for the swings to happen more frequently. If that's what you want, LOWER the integration time.

Same is true for the clash debouncing time. A lower value there means the clashes will repeat more quickly. The minimum time between repetitions makes the clashes happen closer or farther from each other. A lower value means closer together. (A very low value gives almost a drum-roll effect with the clashes).

This is further explained in the Launcher's help file, but the above is a generalized guide. Let us know if you have questions! Smiley

Greetings!

Thanks for the post! Does help clear things up.  I have the obsidian 3.0 so I use the latest version.  And the help file does not cover anything on the thresholds it shows it but no explanation what so ever. 

However, your post is a good start.  Just wish there was something that covered this particular section of the Obsidian Launcher.

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »

It is there, but I'm more than happy to answer specific questions you might have here! Smiley

mslevitz
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 12:48:57 AM »

Ok found the part in the obsidian help section that explains the thresh hold bars.  Its pretty good.  And its there.  Just fire up your obsidian and click on help and click wiring diagram.  Then its in the drop down menu from there.  After you understand all that, its pretty much trial and error from there to find your own preferences.  Good luck to everyone who is experiencing this issue!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: