Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Trailer: More Action, Less Cumberbatch  (Read 1363 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 09, 2013, 10:57:22 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWr2wE5Myg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWr2wE5Myg</a>

With just over two months to go before the release of the highly-anticipated Star Trek Into Darkness, any new look at footage from the film is sure to set the Internet ablaze with renewed excitement and speculation. In the follow-up to the successful 2009 revival of big-screen Trek, Captain James T. Kirk finds himself bucking against Starfleet regulations even as terrorist fugitive “John Harrison” seeks to bring down the entire Federation.

Star Trek Into Darkness is directed by JJ Abrams (Super Cool and written by Roberto Orci (Fringe), Alex Kurtzman (All You Need Is Kill), and Damon Lindelof (Prometheus). The movie features an ensemble cast headlined by Chris Pine (Rise of the Guardians), Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock), Zachary Quinto (American Horror Story), and Karl Urban (Dredd).

Compared to previous trailers, this preview places much less emphasis on Benedict Cumberbatch’s mysterious villain, completely eschewing his growling voiceover. Instead, we get a mix of smaller character moments and the promised “relentless action,” including a chunk of a starship chase sequence that’s been glimpsed in previous previews.

Though a good deal of the material in this trailer has already been seen in the nine-minute IMAX preview released in December, it does confirm that Star Trek Into Darkness is devoted to being a big, slick action-adventure movie. The teaser also goes a long way toward allaying fears that the movie could end up being far too dark and dour – the crew of the Enterprise seem to be heading into the titular dark with their senses of humor intact.

Star Trek Into Darkness will warp into theaters on May 17th, 2013.

----

Source: http://screenrant.com/star-trek-into-darkness-teaser-trailer-2/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 03:20:59 AM »

Pretty cool, although it doesn't help my impatience.

I find it funny that (Super 8 ) was turned into (Super Cool

no

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »

i thought of it as "Less Cumberbatch, More Everyone Else" since you get to see the rest of the Enterprise crew more than in previous trailers.  I'm definitely hoping for more time with Scotty, since he was introduced so late in the last movie.  Loved the in-chase banter between Kirk and Spock.  And yes, this doesn't help my impatience either.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: