Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Game of Thrones’ Producer Wants 8 Seasons Total – Will You Watch?  (Read 5984 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 11, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »

Game of Thrones is riding high following the release of the full season 3 trailer – teasing the return of fan-favorite characters along with some new faces, not to mention some epic dragon action! The show continues to cull a strong and passionate following, leading many viewers to wonder just how long can the show keep up the pace and how many seasons will HBO produce. After all, the series is limited by creator George R.R. Martin’s book series, which includes five published installments with two more on the way.

So how many more seasons will HBO’s Game of Thrones stay on the air? If showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have it their way, the series’ lifespan could ratchet up to eight seasons, but only so long as the network wants to keep producing it.

Benioff and Weiss recently opened up about the program’s longevity in a recent interview with Mother Jones, in which they discussed not only the duration of the show but also some of the difficulties and challenges they faced in shooting its upcoming third season. On the specific topic of Thrones‘ remaining seasons, however, they had this to say:

MJ: I gather that Game of Thrones could last eight or nine seasons. Does that mean putting novel writing on hold for a decade?

B&W: Yes, if we live that long and HBO keeps wanting to make the show. We have the opportunity here to tell a coherent story that lasts for 80 hours. And while a canvas of that size presents all sorts of storytelling problems, it also allows us to spend more time with these characters we love than we’ll ever get again. Every once in a while we get five minutes to think about thinking about novels. But mostly we’re just happy when we get to read one now and again.

There has always existed a degree of uncertainty over how long Game of Thrones will last, but with the critical and mainstream success the show has enjoyed since first airing back in 2011 (not to mention the slew of Emmy nominations it has received and won), it seems likely that it will soldier on to the very end once George R.R. Martin has completed his as-yet unfinished septet of epic fantasy novels. If nothing else, it’s clear that Benioff and Weiss are game to continue serving as executive producers for as many seasons as HBO gives them.

For fans, 80 hours of television spent in Westeros and Essos should sound like a dream come true. If the span of Martin’s original work serves as any indication, however, that figure might be somewhat conservative. Season three – which premieres on March 31st, 2013 - only covers the first half of the third book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, titled A Storm of Swords; season four will adapt the remainder, a natural split given the immensity of the story. (The novel is so long, in fact, that the UK and Australia editions were sold in two parts.)

That leaves books four and five - A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, respectively – left to transplant from page to screen, as well as the incomplete sixth and seventh entries, titled The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. The latter two novels remain unknown quantities in the television show’s scale; they could fit into a single season each or require separation just like A Storm of Swords. Meanwhile, A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons both boast impressive page lengths, but could arguably be cut down and combined into one total season together. Eight seasons, as suggested, seems like a good ballpark figure, but as Martin has neither finished The Winds of Winter nor A Dream of Spring, we can only go by what Benioff and Weiss have to say for the time being.

In the meantime, the show’s viewers can look ahead to season 3. Are you in it for the long haul, and does another five seasons of Game of Thrones excite you? Put your two cents in the poll below and in the comments section, and we’ll see you back here when Game of Thrones returns to television at the end of the month!

Source: http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-final-season-3-8/

-----

One can only hope that the show can stand that long.

I'm only half way through the first book but i'm an avid fan of the show.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:42:27 AM »

Don't get the channel, so no I will not watch. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 02:45:38 AM »

Yet you do have access to the internet, there is still hope. lol

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »

Yet you do have access to the internet, there is still hope. lol

I tried that with Spartacus, but you have to have a subscription to access full episodes on the site. And good "unofficial" videos proved to be difficult to find.

(Sig by me!)

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 05:28:39 PM »

I'm in the same boat.  I'm interested, but it's not worth the money to me to get cable plus HBO, or subscribe to something for one show.  I really wish it were on Netflix, I'd watch the hell out of it if it were.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 01:52:13 AM »

I've been re-watching my DVD's in preparation for season three.  I've read all the books and anxiously await the last two, but who knows when they'll come out.

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -13

Darth Dymyse and Jedi Knight Dylan

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 03:20:57 AM »

I tried that with Spartacus, but you have to have a subscription to access full episodes on the site. And good "unofficial" videos proved to be difficult to find.

cucirca.com/

search game of thrones and you'll find a playable video eventually  Grin watch the first two seasons within a few days

Dark side points please

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 03:30:50 AM »

i would definitely continue to watch this show.

CENTER][/CENTER]

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 03:40:30 AM »

HBO is close to the cost of a decent hamburger dinner...$14-15 a month.

Yes I will watch any and all seasons.

Which house does your personality best fit?

http://www.quiztron.com/tests/house_in_westeros_do_quiz_209934.htm

Mine...hmmm...

Which House In Westeros Do You Belong To?

House Lannister!

A Lannister always pays his debts! This can be as negative as it is positive. On the one hand, every kindness is repaid...but so is every injury done to yourself. Vengeance is one with you. You conceive yourself to be smart, witty, and much better than everyone else--and you might be right, depending on yourself. Whether you're like Tyrion, who is intelligent and charming, or Cersei, backstabbing and not half as clever as you think you are, it's undeniably true that all Lannisters have something magnificent about themselves. It could be your wit, your beauty, or your sword arm. But whatever your strength is, you flaunt it! You are so flavorful that your personality overpowers and confounds other people around you. Some people hate you for being so direct and so charming, but most people will adore you will wish to be near you--which makes it easier to befriend or betray them, depending on what kind of Lannister you are! Lannisters tend to have golden blonde hair and green eyes.

Yikes...grrr...ok if that is my lot then I will deal with it...but there is a little blond punk who begs for a long slender blade slid into that soft spot behind his ear...and into his black brain...he needs to die...in a dirty unremarkable way...nothing worth mentioning except in a joke...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:44:18 AM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 03:53:56 AM »

I've got to say that I watched the first season, but I am not a fan of the nudity. Call me stuck up or uptight, but if it were dropped, I'd be much more likely to watch the show (despite constantly killing Starks).

As to my result:

House Targaryen!

Fire cannot harm a dragon. You are strong, confident, bold, and strong. You are likely very wise and good at almost anything you apply yourself to and are quick to pick up both loyal soldiers, fierce friends, adoring fans, and obsessive lovers. There's no doubt that something about you is special and people see it reflected not only in your actions, which are based on a strong intuition you were born with, but also in your appearance. You sometimes just seem to know things and can use this to your advantage. You have a strong mind and are likely very intelligent and poetic and wholly good. You will see injustice and want to fix it. It's your nature. And since you have the blood of the dragon, fire doesn't hurt you. It just makes you more powerful. And fire can also be interpreted as conflict or danger. You are kind and beautiful and wise, like a dragon, but can turn fierce and deadly when angered. No one will want to wake the dragon in you. Targaryens have silver hair and violet eyes.

In reality, I would agree with this. Here on the forum, I highly doubt that I've garnered "loyal soldiers, fierce friends, and adoring fans..." Still, in real life, I am a leader and someone that others turn to and will follow quite easily. In every job I've had (and I've had a few) I've very quickly risen to power. Same as my time in cadets...I'd be the one that the CO would seek out to speak with (as liaison). In real life, I am very patient (some people have said too patient), but when my anger has awoken, it's not a pretty sight.

I didn't have a preference in taking this test so I answered honestly...I tend to agree with the assessment. Now, back to bed. Still, let me know if you agree or think mine is totally off base.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:49 AM »

nice link Rel Smiley

House Targaryen!

Fire cannot harm a dragon. You are strong, confident, bold, and strong. You are likely very wise and good at almost anything you apply yourself to and are quick to pick up both loyal soldiers, fierce friends, adoring fans, and obsessive lovers. There's no doubt that something about you is special and people see it reflected not only in your actions, which are based on a strong intuition you were born with, but also in your appearance. You sometimes just seem to know things and can use this to your advantage. You have a strong mind and are likely very intelligent and poetic and wholly good. You will see injustice and want to fix it. It's your nature. And since you have the blood of the dragon, fire doesn't hurt you. It just makes you more powerful. And fire can also be interpreted as conflict or danger. You are kind and beautiful and wise, like a dragon, but can turn fierce and deadly when angered. No one will want to wake the dragon in you. Targaryens have silver hair and violet eyes.

Ahh yes, house Targaryen.  The dragon bloods, i could handle that kind of lineage.  Strong, smart, powerful, dragons.  Targaryen will have the throne it deserves.

CENTER][/CENTER]

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 04:13:36 AM »

I got Lannister, which surprised me but just because I'm a Lannister doesn't mean I have to be spiteful and incestual.  Cheesy

Thought maybe I'd get Greyjoy but so be it.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 04:23:49 AM »

Kham you and I could be the new breed of Lannisters  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 05:12:46 AM »

House Martell!

Unbowed, unbent, and unbroken. Martells are fiercely loyal to their house and to Dorne. Your culture is beautiful and savage as the deserts of Dorne, and you yourself either embrace your culture for it's refined point, or you embrace the savage side where bloodlines matter less, battle matters more, and people are often looked upon more as equals whether bastard born, male, female, promiscuous, or whatever you happen to be! You yourself are likely more accepting than others and see the value of individuals over the value of stereotypes and traditions of the more judgmental folk. Martells tend to be dark-haired and tan-skinned and sharply beautiful and exotic.

(Sig by me!)

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -13

Darth Dymyse and Jedi Knight Dylan

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 05:16:08 AM »

Can't be surprised i'm Sarcastic as hell, no wonder i got Lannister

Dark side points please

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: