Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Silly Questions (for fun)  (Read 15140 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 02:39:45 AM »

Who hired these architects!?

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 02:42:51 AM »

In the last episode of The Walking Dead, why didn't Andrea just shoot the Governor while he was preoccupied with the zombies? Or, why didn't she just slash his tires?

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 04:31:43 AM »

In the last episode of The Walking Dead, why didn't Andrea just shoot the Governor while he was preoccupied with the zombies? Or, why didn't she just slash his tires?

Because she's Andrea...

Okay, seriously now! Because the rest of the season would be really boring.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 04:40:49 AM »

In every show or movie that involves DNA testing....

Why is it that there is only one set of DNA on a given object?

If there's more than one, it's always the DNA of someone else under investigation.

Do these people live in an alternate universe where people only touch things if they're doing something suspicious?

I won't even go into the unrealistic speed at which the testing is accomplished.

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 04:43:24 AM »

Because she's Andrea...

Okay, seriously now! Because the rest of the season would be really boring.

Good points Cheesy

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 04:20:36 PM »

Good points Cheesy

Glad I could help.  Wink

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »

In every show or movie that involves DNA testing....

Why is it that there is only one set of DNA on a given object?

If there's more than one, it's always the DNA of someone else under investigation.

Do these people live in an alternate universe where people only touch things if they're doing something suspicious?

I won't even go into the unrealistic speed at which the testing is accomplished.

What, like the movie GATTACA?
Actually, that movie seems to make sense as DNA is the whole plot-point.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »

That would be a good Myth to bust.  Wink

They already did in a Bond Special.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »

In the gun barrel sequence of Die Another Day, how does James Bond manage to shoot a bullet straight through the barrel of the gun that is aimed at him?

This one is actually really simple.  They answered it in the DVD extras.  Die Another Day was the 20th Bond film, so they added the bullet as a little special indicator of the milestone.  Has nothing to do with any extraordinary skill on Bond's part or anything like that.

That being said, in theory if the gun being fired were of equal or smaller caliber to the gun being targeted, it could be possible.  I know Mythbusters tested the "cutting a bullet with a katana" thing, and proved it plausible.  The sword did cut the bullet in flight.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 08:41:18 PM »

This one is actually really simple.  They answered it in the DVD extras.  Die Another Day was the 20th Bond film, so they added the bullet as a little special indicator of the milestone.  Has nothing to do with any extraordinary skill on Bond's part or anything like that.

That being said, in theory if the gun being fired were of equal or smaller caliber to the gun being targeted, it could be possible.  I know Mythbusters tested the "cutting a bullet with a katana" thing, and proved it plausible.  The sword did cut the bullet in flight.

Oh... thanks! That makes total sense. Also, that is quite interesting, as well. I really need to start watching Mythbusters again Cheesy

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 09:35:13 PM »

Martinez took the only pistol and ammo that Andrea had before she left the town. As for not slashing the tires I suspect she was in too much of a rush to escape from the warehouse especially with the governor and a bunch of walker still in the warehouse.

Also whats the deal with airline food? I've never flown so I don't know whats the deal with it. lol Is it bad? Expensive?

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »

Martinez took the only pistol and ammo that Andrea had before she left the town. As for not slashing the tires I suspect she was in too much of a rush to escape from the warehouse especially with the governor and a bunch of walker still in the warehouse.

Also whats the deal with airline food? I've never flown so I don't know whats the deal with it. lol Is it bad? Expensive?

Okay, the deal with airline food, and correct me if I'm wrong members, this is from my own personal experience.
Well, before there was an airline recession when some major companies went bankrupt somewhere in the early 2000's food was served somewhat regularly depending on the hours and destination.
After the recession, however, most airlines stopped serving food for free and instead began charging for it other than maybe peanuts or light snacks like crackers.  Drinks are free for the most part with the exception of alcoholic beverages.  There were bag lunches available for some flights at one point, but for the most part, unless you're flying internationally, airline food is almost not served, or at least, not included anymore in the ticket.

When I went to Israel and London, for example, the airline food was WAY better than the purchased food from say Sacramento Airport to Pennsylvania.  There was more variety, flavor, and they had their own respective styles.

An example of my flight to Israel.  They served I think 1 meal, but drinks were free as were these little-sandwich snacks.  The attendants were really chill and they didn't card for alcohol.  You could pretty much ask for as much food and drink as you wanted as it was like a 15-21 hour flight.  People were even dancing at one point on the exit row as there was a good 10 feet of space.  But I digress.

If you fly to Hawaii, they serve you pretty basic stuff but they add Hawaiian Punch juices, which is cool.

Ultimately, it's like eating a military ration, only smaller and more expensive, I think.
Actually, it's like eating a smaller version of a TV Dinner, and probably not as good.

Personally, you're better off, should you ever fly, going to one of the many fast-foods or convenience stores located throughout the airport and purchase their insanely overpriced food instead.  Not only do you get more variety, but you probably get more nutrients as well, or at least from the convenience stores and their $10 plus tax trail-mixes and $5-7 bottles of water.

TL;DR Version: It depends, it's mostly lackluster.  Yes it is overpriced.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »

Oh right, I totally forgot about that. Derp.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:38 PM »

Oh right, I totally forgot about that. Derp.

Woah, you're not the only one! Big Boss wins!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2013, 04:45:16 AM »

"Is there any reason why the Hulk just couldn'lt have eaten the Tesseract?" - MJ Henry

In reference to when Black Widow confronts Bruce Banner in the Avengers and shows Bruce the picture of the Tesseract. To which Bruce reptiles, "What? Do you want me to eat it?"

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: