Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow Color Comparison  (Read 4198 times)
Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« on: March 16, 2013, 07:12:20 AM »

So I ordered a Yellow MLS unit with my Shock LE, noticed it it quite different from my other RGB Yellow.

Top is RGB Yellow
Bottom is the Sentinel Yellow MLS (Forum Beta) Color

You will notice the Forum Yellow is more gold in color than the RGB.
The RGB  is a bit more red but still yellow.
I like both for different reasons and they work well on the corresponding hilts but I wanted to show the difference for you all to see.

Now for the big fun.
I also got a Semi Yellow MLS with my first Raven order. It was supposed to be pure orange.
But as you can see it is indeed different.

Top is the new orange MLS I ordered.
Below is the original MLS which looks like it is yellow but a more orange yellow
Second from the bottom is the RGB Yellow
Finally the Sentinel (Forum) Yellow

I actually love all of these.
The Orange Yellow I find is very unique and actually turns out is the perfect color for my Deus Ex Costume
I wanted a color between Yellow and Orange to match the color theme of the game.
But I didn't realize it was so perfect in my first order.
I actually got the orange MLS just to have one with Silver Flash On Clash
The Yellow Orange is a Red Flash On Clash (But this shouldn't effect the color)

What are all of your thoughts on this?
Comments bellow much appreciated!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »

I love every color shown here! The top two Orange's look like PO and FO, are they not? The RBG yellow looks awesome, I love the darker yellow.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 03:13:40 PM »

The top is Fire orange
Below is my "special color" which seems to be a unique one never seen before

Pyerstone will be added to this when I get it XD

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »

Fantastic comparisons, we should use these as references for when someone get SY and it's a different shade of yellow.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »

I asked Deep and it seems that colors also vary depending on the Flash on Clash color

Apparently Fire orange does vary depending on the Flash on Clash a lot.
They actually use a different method for Fire Orange with Silver flash on clash. (Top Saber Second Pic)
Then another method with Fire Orange with Red on clash, (Second down from the top, Second pic)

I think that for colors look closer to the original (in my opinion), you may need silver flash on clash, other colors may cause more of a mix depending on how they make the dye.

This is partly why US has changed the Flash on Clash chart, so the mixing with the Flash on Clash color does not occur, either in the main color or while flashing.

C=Custom, D=Dark

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »

Hey SD.  Very informative...as always.

How closely do you see the yellow AV matching SY?  They look a little off in the pix (AV true yellow, SY golden), but most times the lighting biases the camera.

Reason I ask is that I'm considering the yellow AV, silver AV, or unlit AV for my eventual SY Shock LE.

Thanks in advance and, oh yeah, congrats on the raffle!

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 06:51:57 PM »

...They actually use a different method for Fire Orange with Silver flash on clash. (Top Saber Second Pic)
Then another method with Fire Orange with Red on clash, (Second down from the top, Second pic)...
...This is partly why US has changed the Flash on Clash chart, so the mixing with the Flash on Clash color does not occur, either in the main color or while flashing...

My FO FoC is BR, with the orange looking more...creamsickle (creamier in person than pic below).   Smiley  I'd have chosen AS, but the chart said nay.  Updated chart?

I don't know if I can tweak it with filters.  If not, I did order QD's.  Grin  Please confirm that top of 2nd pic is FO with AS FoC?

Many thanks!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:56:34 PM by Saint » Logged

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »

I like the Sentinal Yellow forum color better.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 04:09:29 AM »

@Saint

It matches pretty well, but I would say that a darker yellow would be better. I asked for them to try and make it as close as possible. But it still turned out golden. My RGB Yellow is actually a perfect match though, but it is more red.

C=Custom, D=Dark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: