Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber  (Read 8742 times)
SirHenryMF
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« on: January 05, 2011, 02:58:15 AM »

Got myself an Adegan Silver Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber when the Day After Christmas Sale hit, must say this saber exceeded my expectations!

First the details- Ordered it with just a regular mid-grade blade at 36". On camera it looks great but I'm not too fond of the silver when using mid-grades. Never the less, it still can take a good beating.

Photo on the left is the saber with a mid-grade. Right is with an UltraEdge. Personally I prefer the UltraEdge's glow.

And now for the hilt. This thing is beautiful! Among my friends, the standard issue is a favorite for its practical design that allows plenty of room for customization. In comparision to the original, I prefer this one much more. The black really brings out the machined grooves and doesn't need much if any modifications to impress.

A side by side comparison  of the two versions.

Feels really nice in my hand. Balance is great, sicne it doesn't feel weird one or two handed so it allows me to switch styles while dueling.

Overall, this is a great hilt and I urge everyone to get one for themselves while they can. A great hilt for a great price. It looks good in just about any color and it is very presentable out of the box. So far this is my favorite hilt and I'm considering getting another in red or violet.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:02:07 AM »

Thank you for the review, ive been looking at this saber for awhile now, it might be next on my saber list, I have a staf/duel wield on its way, and that will be a nice 2 handed saber.

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:03:05 AM »

Beautiful saber and awesome review!

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Darth_Greyloch
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 03:17:43 AM »

Yup, I really like the design on the Dark Standard Issue. Very nice saber. Thanks for the good quality pics and comparison shots.

Proud owner of: Phantom V2 (Fire Orange)
& Standard Issue (Adegan Silver)
Reviews: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=51.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=402.0

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 03:22:48 AM »

You know, those pictures of if on the table remind me of the A New Hope poster. The blade looks wider at the emitter, just like the poster.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:30:35 AM »

Once again some excellent photos sir henry.. I really like these Sabers.. so simple and elegant.

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 03:48:28 AM »

In comparision to the original, I prefer this one much more. The black really brings out the machined grooves and doesn't need much if any modifications to impress.

Now an idea would be to colour the grooves on the original black, creating the yang to the dark one's yin...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 03:50:20 AM »

In comparision to the original, I prefer this one much more. The black really brings out the machined grooves and doesn't need much if any modifications to impress.

Now an idea would be to colour the grooves on the original black, creating the yang to the dark one's yin...
Good idea, it will make it look alot better to, not just a silver tube

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

SirHenryMF
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 04:16:11 AM »

Good idea, it will make it look alot better to, not just a silver tube

Oh yeah, I was actually looking into doing that soon. Just need to get the automotive/die cast paint.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 04:29:58 AM »

Very nice. I'm thinking of getting a SI as my next saber. After seeing this I may go with the dark version.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

CaloTabora
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »

That looks AMAZING!! I'm going to be getting a Liberator soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: