Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New ‘Wolverine’ Image Reveals Bloody Claws; Trailer Release Date Confirmed  (Read 2676 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 18, 2013, 04:52:11 PM »

One thing X-Men fans have steadily criticized about the various film adaptations of the iconic Marvel Comics team is their depiction of Wolverine – and no, we’re not talking about the body type or hair styling of actor Hugh Jackman.

As a government-engineered killing machine, Wolverine’s Adamantium claws are about as formidable and deadly a weapon as they come; and yet, for all the times that Jackman has slashed his way through an X-Men movie action sequence, those claws have stayed miraculously clean of blood and gore.

However, today we learn that clean claws won’t be the case in the upcoming film, The Wolverine. We also know when the long-awaited trailer for the Fox’s superhero summer tentpole will debut.

Director James Mangold (Walk the Line) recently Tweeted that the trailer for The Wolverine will indeed come with G.I. Joe: Retaliation:

James Mangold        ✔ @mang0ld

"Clarity for all asking: I will tweet a peek (a "tweazer") on 26th. Full teaser online on 27th. 3D and 2D in theaters on the big screen 29th."

As for Logan’s bloody claws: A scanned image from a  recent issue of a magazine reveals Logan (Hugh Jackman) in his new black duds, standing in the aftermath of what must’ve been a pretty intense battle – because there is definitely blood all over his claws! Check it out for yourself:

Mangold and Hugh Jackman have told us on many respective occasions that The Wolverine is going to be gritty and brutal in its depiction of violence – while simultaneously pondering the meaning of that violence and Logan’s nature as an near-immortal killer.

Suffice to say that there are a fair number of fans who will see the images of blood on the claws and get a jolt of hope that this film finally delves into the character of Wolverine in a less… “fluffy” way than the original films did. I mean, even contemporary Marvel comic books  have embraced the bloody reality of what Wolverine can do:

Artwork from ‘Uncanny X-Force’

Isn’t it about time we saw that reflected onscreen?

———

The Wolverine will be in theaters on July 26, 2013. Stay tuned for the trailer to debut on March 27th.

Source: http://screenrant.com/wolverine-2-bloody-claws-trailer-release-date/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:56:10 PM »

They want to make money.  Therefore they need a large audience to see the film.  For a large audience, it needs to be PG13 or less.  For that, it needs less gore.

I'm all for showing the real Wolverine, but until they decide to forego a good half their audience, it'll always be lackluster.  Here's hoping they've gone the bloody route in the new one!

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »

They want to make money.  Therefore they need a large audience to see the film.  For a large audience, it needs to be PG13 or less.  For that, it needs less gore.

I'm all for showing the real Wolverine, but until they decide to forego a good half their audience, it'll always be lackluster.  Here's hoping they've gone the bloody route in the new one!

With the amount of blood and violence running on basic cable television, they should be able to have quite a bit of blood; no giblets.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:04:42 PM »

Ever since I found out that this takes place after The Last Stand instead of Origins I've been looking forward to it! I hated Origins and did not want to see what was established continued, even if they could write around it. I just want to forget it!

Hope this one turns out well. They should have a lot of material to work with after The Last Stand.

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »

There can be blood as long as it's not all over the place and not in mass quantities (while maintaining a PG-13 rating), but they can go a little more into the brutality of the character than they have up to now.  I could see a hard R grindhouse style Wolverine movie working as a cult thing, but it wouldn't be good for rolling in the kind of ca$h they're looking for.

Looking forward to this.  i didn't like the idea of doing the first Wolverine movie (something about it seemed off, like they only saw dollar $ign$), and was even more disappointed at the end result.  The story was ok, but the execution was dismal, especially since they were trying to do more effects for less money.  This one looks like it's being done to make a good Wolverine movie, so here's hoping it's done right.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »

Am I the only person who liked Wolverine: Origins?  lol.

Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »

It wasn't must watch classic cinema but if I had to compare my experience watching it to something? I enjoyed watching it for the same silly action that I find nostalgic from the 90's.

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 09:16:29 AM »

It's not completely horrible.  The sections where the lack of budget shows are painful (when fighting the helicopter he looked like a cardboard cutout in one shot).  I didn't like how they treated Deadpool by the end, though i liked the setup with Ryan Reynolds, thought he was perfect.  Intelligent Sabertooth was cool.  Gambit was fun, if a little young.  CGI'd Patrick Stewart made me lol.  Like i said, the story was ok, though the "everybody dies" formula they were running with for most of it reminded me of Japanese revenge tragedies.  I've watched it more than once, which is better than a lot of movies, so as i said, it's not horrible.  Just disappointing when compared to the quality of X-Men and X2.  I like it more than The Last Stand, in which the visual effects and action were the only good things besides getting to see Colossus and Beast in full swing.  God i really don't want to start on Last Stand.

But yeah, looking forward to The Wolverine.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 01:06:30 PM »

I don't know why, but I can't get pumped up for this. Maybe there are just too many other awesome movies coming out.

Regardless, I too am glad that it'll be following X3 rather than Origins... either way, it has nowhere to go but up Cheesy

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 01:44:03 PM »

I liked it just fine  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 01:56:53 PM »

I liked it just fine  Smiley

I didn't think it was nearly as bad as some people say it was... 7/10 from me, although I can see why most people hated it.

I also enjoyed X3, although again I understand - and clearly see - why others say it's atrocious. I'm a bit biased because I first saw it when I was sick, and I enjoy every movie when I'm sick.

I like them in the same way that I like RE:ORC. I know they're "bad", but I can still get a great deal of enjoyment from them.

no

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:39:56 PM »

I like them in the same way that I like RE:ORC. I know they're "bad", but I can still get a great deal of enjoyment from them.

I think you and I have a lot in common when viewing movies.  I go into a film expecting literally nothing. So when it turns out to be mediocre, I really enjoyed it because it exceeded my expectation.

I think that's one reason I didn't like TPM as much, since I went into it with high expectations and was let down.

But alas, I digress.  Back to X-Men!!

Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: