Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Godzilla’ Cast Finalized; Begins Production in Canada  (Read 2015 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 18, 2013, 11:54:51 PM »

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have confirmed the beginning of production on the Godzilla reboot, a project that features Gareth Edwards serving as director and a human cast that includes several Oscar-nominees (and one winner) among its ranks.

We now have official confirmation for all the actors and actresses reported as being in talks for the giant monster blockbuster in recent months (while awaiting Frank Darabont’s final script re-write), as well as one more critically-acclaimed name that was not previously associated with the project. They will be working alongside hundreds of technicians and local extras from the city of Nanaimo on Vancouver Island – where the production is starting out.

Here’s the lowdown on the Godzilla production (via Canada.com):

The film, whose working title is Nautilus, did a casting call in February for extras and recently notified residents along Old Victoria Road that filming is about to begin. Joan Miller, the North Island film commissioner, says Vancouver Island will make up the first shots for the new take on the legendary radioactive monster, which is set to hit theatres next year. Crews will stay in Nanaimo hotels for three days while they shoot the scenes downtown and Ladysmith area before they move onto Shawnigan Lake.

Godzilla features Aaron-Taylor Johnson (Savages, Kick-Ass 2) as the human male lead, in addition to Elizabeth Olsen (Silent House), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Juliette Binoche (Cosmopolis) and David Strathairn (Lincoln) playing important leading or supporting roles. They will be joined by Ken Watanabe, whose Hollywood credits include The Last Samurai, Batman Begins and Inception; he’ll be appearing in a Japanese remake of the Clint Eastwood western Unforgiven releasing later this year (going under the non-English title “Yurusarezaru mono”).

Ken Watanabe has joined the ‘Godzilla’ cast

Few concrete details have been revealed about the Godzilla reboot plot; though, Edwards says he and the credited screenwriters – which include Max Borenstein (The Seventh Son) and Dave Callaham (Doom, The Expendables) for a previous draft – intend to bring the franchise back to its roots, as a dramatic and serious disaster blockbuster which taps into the modern cultural zeitgeist (much like the original 1954 Japanese film dealt with the aftermath of the atomic bombings in WWII).

Here is a direct quote from Edwards, describing his approach on the project:

“I’ve always been interested in Godzilla and the ideas around him. I really wanted to see another Godzilla film and jumped at the opportunity. My main idea was to imagine ‘If this really happened, what would it be like?’ I want to take a grounded, realistic approach to a Godzilla film.”

Edwards faces a similar challenge as Jurassic Park 4 director Colin Trevorrow, in the sense that he’s also generated buzz as a promising new filmmaker – thanks to his effective mix of character-driven storytelling and low-budget special effects on the indie flick Monsters. He has our (and many fans) vote of confidence on the Godzilla reboot, thanks to his passionate display and the impressive test trailer shown at last year’s Comic-Con presentation.

——

Godzilla opens in theaters on May 16th, 2014 – and yes, it will be presented in 3D.

Source: http://screenrant.com/godzilla-reboot-cast-director-2014/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:02:53 AM »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0z_EALv6U

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:20:41 AM »

Go Canada

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 04:31:10 AM »

I am a lifelong fan of daikaijū eiga and in particular Gojira san...

Say!
I like green scales and spines!
I do!! I like kaiju, Toho-I-do'!
And I would watch them eat a boat!
And I would watch them squish a goat.
And I will watch them roar in the rain.
And in the dark. And crushing a train.
And a car. And a tree.
They are so good so good you see!

So I will watch them on my DVR box.
And I will watch them om just my socks.
And I will watch them with my camera.
And I will watch them with my friend Gamera.
And I will watch them here and there.
Say! I will watch them ANYWHERE!

I do so like kaiju
green scales and spines!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Toho-I-do'

(I know, I show the TV series...on purpose...I like all things giant monster  lol)

Light side points please Smiley

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:19:29 AM »

I really hope this turns out well.  The things i've heard while this was first brought up a couple years ago were promising.  I just hope the writing, directing, cast, and visual effects (specifically the LOOK of Gojira himself) live up to the potential this has.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 06:48:24 PM »

I really hope this turns out well.  The things i've heard while this was first brought up a couple years ago were promising.  I just hope the writing, directing, cast, and visual effects (specifically the LOOK of Gojira himself) live up to the potential this has.

It another one of those "Jar-Jar" moments.

Where the filmmakers were like, "Well, we sure as Shinola won't be doing that again."

I have faith it will go down well, especially if Pacific Rim delivers the goods.  Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: