Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: NinjaJesus's Luke ROTJ Custom Sound Font Review  (Read 10550 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« on: March 21, 2013, 04:09:16 PM »

I am so pleased with this font. I was hoping for something like this for some time, and NinjaJesus delivers again. There are 12 clashes, 12 swings, 2 lockups, 3 power ons, 2 power offs, and solid hum, a few blaster sounds, and 18 boot sounds. Yes, 18. Thanks for this font, NinjaJesus! If nobody ever released another sound font again, I'd be destroy.. errrr, OK with that because of this font! Cheesy

Enjoy!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hra5m8g8SVk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hra5m8g8SVk</a>

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:18:33 PM »

Okay this is going on my Bellicose even though its GB. Oh well. I love Luke Skywalker and his saber sounds so. I never really noticed Luke's saber having kind of a dirty sounding theme to it. like saber sounds wise. No puns. Lol.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »

Okay this is going on my Bellicose even though its GB. Oh well. I love Luke Skywalker and his saber sounds so. I never really noticed Luke's saber having kind of a dirty sounding theme to it. like saber sounds wise. No puns. Lol.

Maybe gritty was what I meant by a dirty sound, like Luke's synthetic crystal would make (if it were real). This one is one my new favorites! I love it, NJ!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »

Same here. Just downloaded the font. Sounds so amazing. I got boot17, poweron1, poweroff3, and lockup1, all swings and impacts on. Go ahead and fill him in on our two sound font ideas. ;o I don't want you to over work yourself. And especially not to mess up your Bellicose again. x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:32 PM »

Oh and for good motion timing for this one I suggest doing the top 27 and the bottom 2 for the motion sensitivity.

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 05:51:25 PM »

Same here. Just downloaded the font. Sounds so amazing. I got boot17, poweron1, poweroff3, and lockup1, all swings and impacts on. Go ahead and fill him in on our two sound font ideas. ;o I don't want you to over work yourself. And especially not to mess up your Bellicose again. x.x

Hahaha! I also have boot 17! "Like my father before me..." Too funny man!

Oh and for good motion timing for this one I suggest doing the top 27 and the bottom 2 for the motion sensitivity.

I shall give this a try! Thanks!

Holt
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 08:08:05 PM »

Excellent font! I really like it. I will be getting that in my US.

I will also will be reviewing Madcows Hero font soon. Looking forward to hear both and do a comparison.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »

Hahaha! I also have boot 17! "Like my father before me..." Too funny man!

I shall give this a try! Thanks!

I have it at boot 17 too.  Cheesy It seems like great minds think alike.

Glad you guys like the font. I personally am a huge fan of Episode VI and Luke's saber from it.

I'll try to pump out some more sound fonts soon, but like I said, I've got a lot to keep me busy here at home.  I've got some nice ones planned... Grin

Idej
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

That is why you fail.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »

Sorry for being a noob, but is this font available to anyone, and if so, where can I download it?

My Sabers:
Emerald Graflex
Emerald Consular
BR Flamberge

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 08:21:09 PM »

Excellent font! I really like it. I will be getting that in my US.

I will also will be reviewing Madcows Hero font soon. Looking forward to hear both and do a comparison.

Sounds cool.  Wink

I took a lot of inspiration from Rob for this font.  I tried to mimic his sounds a bit (since they're so perfect for Luke's saber), but tried to make it my own too.  I tried a mix of different hums and even though it does sound similar, it also sounds different in a way.  The clashes are basic OT clashes for the most part and the swings sound, for most of them, are like Rob's, but I had to find some that fit the same general sound.  One of the power ons sounds almost like the default Obsidian power on, mostly because that power on is mixed in for that power on and another I overlapped two different sounds.  Finally, the blasters are a lot like Rob's, mostly because they're based from the movies.

Overall, I just tried to make mine how I saw the saber, while taking buttloads of notes from Rob's font.  A lot of mixing, a lot of tweaking, but I think it came out well.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 08:25:29 PM »

Sorry for being a noob, but is this font available to anyone, and if so, where can I download it?

You can download them here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0

Enjoy.  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 08:44:46 PM »

Can't wait for the next few sound font sets. Since I guess this one was made, me and Eerockk were in the talks for 2 Obi-wan specific fonts. The Episode 4 and Episode II sounds. We thought for the classic one to call it Old Ben. Not sure for Episode II. Lol. Go at it if you want. @NinjaJesus.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »

Can't wait for the next few sound font sets. Since I guess this one was made, me and Eerockk were in the talks for 2 Obi-wan specific fonts. The Episode 4 and Episode II sounds. We thought for the classic one to call it Old Ben. Not sure for Episode II. Lol. Go at it if you want. @NinjaJesus.

I'll give it a shot (the Episode II font first, I guess).  I'll try to start it this weekend.  Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »

Cool beans. Doing Episode II since it seems easier and has more sound options? xp

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 01:35:00 AM »

Cool beans. Doing Episode II since it seems easier and has more sound options? xp

Pretty much.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: