Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Wraith Review  (Read 1555 times)
tevoyles
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 11, 2011, 01:16:21 AM »

I recently purchased a Dark Wraith Saber from e-bay. It came with a red led, the charger but no blade which is ok since I have extra's. I like this concept of marring a high power led flashlight to a saber. I have been making my own designs using flashlights for some time. I am able to insert the light into the hilt and have acess to the batteries and switch from the pommel. You cannot have sound with this style saber but thats ok since it's for dueling.
What struck me when I received the saber was just how small it is. I am an adult male so this saber seems like it could be a knife style or a short bladed second saber. By compairsion I also have a Darth Bane saber. It could also be for a padawan. I have installed a 3/4 inch blade which seems to fit it better and I am looking at adding hilt material to make it more my size.
All in all this is a cool saber with lots of potential. You should design a new version just a bit larger for adults.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 03:54:18 AM »

I recently purchased a Dark Wraith Saber from e-bay. It came with a red led, the charger but no blade which is ok since I have extra's. I like this concept of marring a high power led flashlight to a saber. I have been making my own designs using flashlights for some time. I am able to insert the light into the hilt and have acess to the batteries and switch from the pommel. You cannot have sound with this style saber but thats ok since it's for dueling.
What struck me when I received the saber was just how small it is. I am an adult male so this saber seems like it could be a knife style or a short bladed second saber. By compairsion I also have a Darth Bane saber. It could also be for a padawan. I have installed a 3/4 inch blade which seems to fit it better and I am looking at adding hilt material to make it more my size.
All in all this is a cool saber with lots of potential. You should design a new version just a bit larger for adults.

I am going to assume that you purchased that one from Me (sith_lord87) on ebay, if I am making the correct assumption, I just wanted to say thanks for buying my old saber.  Now, though I would be honored if Ultra was to dedicate a saber in my honor lol  Roll Eyes just kidding Ultra  Wink , it's just called a Wraith my friend, no insult intended, just didn't want to give people the wrong idea.

Anyway in regards to the worries, I did post on my ebay listing that the saber would not come with a blade, if you were expecting one, I am sorry.  As far as the size of the hilt, you are right, it is a fairly small hilt, and what I would suggest (in the most humble Sith fashion  Wink ) , is that you turn it into a shoto.  I know many duelists that prefer using this style, it is not nearly as difficult to master as the full on Jar Kai style of fighting (in my opinion-Jar Kai is the MOST DIFFICULT style of fighting) .  The shoto will give you a more balanced lighter approach while dueling, I know from personal experience (being 6" 2') that my most vulnerable area (regarding strike points on the body) would be my lower abdomen and legs.  I would suggest holding the shoto in a reverse grip style in the hand opposite of what you would normally use.  This will give you a great blocking advantage over your enemy, and prevent you from having to bring your entire saber down to block a lower oncoming blow.  Just a suggestion.

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: