Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Riddick’ Teaser Trailer: Are You Afraid of the Dark?  (Read 1147 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 23, 2013, 04:07:07 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-s_9ADX7Gw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-s_9ADX7Gw</a>

Fans of the Vin Diesel’s 2000 sci-fi action film, Pitch Black have endured a roller-coaster ride of highs and lows over the last thirteen years. After a well-received and financially successful run at the box office, Pitch Black became a cult favorite – spawning a big budget follow-up, The Chronicles of Riddick, with the intention of launching a blockbuster franchise. Unfortunately, the film failed to provide a satisfying sequel for Riddick – crippling the budding franchise.

Yet, Diesel never gave up on a third Riddick film – regularly hinting at ideas that he might pursue. Then, back in May of 2011, the actor confirmed what many fans had been waiting to hear: that a date had been set for the start of production on the film, titled simply, Riddick. Now, after years of waiting, we’re finally getting a look at what Diesel has in store for the film with sneak peek teaser trailer.

The trailer doesn’t provide much context for the overarching Riddick story (or a glimpse of recent Guardians of the Galaxy addition Dave Bautista) – instead reminding viewers of the character’s no-nonsense approach to killing (as well as cautionary tales in the dark). The actual film, however, won’t be solely focused on choking nocturnal creatures, you can read the latest synopsis below:

"The infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he’s encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty. The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won’t leave the planet without Riddick’s head as their trophy."

Of course, fans will remember that production on Riddick was shut-down mid-shoot after the film ran out of money – leaving Diesel and producers scrambling in search for more funding. We’ll have to wait for release to find out whether or not the delay negatively impacted the final film but after Chronicles of Riddick was criticized for a softer PG-13 rating, the studio agreed to an R rating for the sequel – meaning that Riddick is positioned to deliver an experience that’s more in keeping with its ruthless main character.

Riddick opens in regular and IMAX theaters on September 6th, 2013.

Source: http://screenrant.com/riddick-3-movie-teaser-trailer/
______

This movie is going to be Br00t4L!  Cheesy

I really dig that last picture because it reminds me that Riddick is like King Necromonger.

It's been so long since Chronicles that I'm pretty sure most people have totally forgotten what happened at the end.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 02:22:37 AM »

Totally want to see that. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:25:41 AM »

Been waiting for this.  I've only seen the extended version of the second version, so i can't speak to the theatrical release, but i liked the movie.  I thought it worked pretty well, though i was sad to see how messed up the other survivors of Pitch Black got, but it matched the tone of the franchise, so it didn't bother me.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: