Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Author Topic: I'm going to become a survivalist  (Read 37303 times)
Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »

Sorry, no more fermented apples. The entire yield of the Jedi Order is gone. Winter has come, all that remains is white sugar of the stormtroopers, crushing it in fine dust and letting it rot

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »

Characterization lolz

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 06:48:43 PM »

This is Saberforum. The place where even a topic about winter survivalism in Russia can turn into one about Jedi and Sith.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 07:58:53 PM »

This is Saberforum. The place where even a topic about winter survivalism in Russia on Hoth can turn into one about Jedi and Sith.

Fixed that for you!

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2013, 02:18:26 AM »

Sorry, no more fermented apples. The entire yield of the Jedi Order is gone. Winter has come, all that remains is white sugar of the stormtroopers, crushing it in fine dust and letting it rot
that quote though XD

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

Fresh news from rural Russia. Ta-dam! The winter is over, and spring is in full swing. Soon the snow will be gone, and I'll go fishing to the local lake.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »

Great to hear from you, Rina! I was actually just thinking about you yesterday, how was the winter?

And Rel, I thought Canada was Hoth? If Russia is Hoth can Canada/Alaska be Ilum?

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »

Maybe Ilum. Maybe Alzoc III. Maybe Rhen Var. But not Hoth. Siberia is Hoth. And European Russia is Corellia.

The winter was fine. I didn't run out of firewood. One particular problem was hygiene, since my self-built bath didn't work under -30 Celsius. I even got a minor lice infestation... I hope it's gone and not going to re-emerge.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »

Maybe Ilum. Maybe Alzoc III. Maybe Rhen Var. But not Hoth. Siberia is Hoth. And European Russia is Corellia.

The winter was fine. I didn't run out of firewood. One particular problem was hygiene, since my self-built bath didn't work under -30 Celsius. I even got a minor lice infestation... I hope it's gone and not going to re-emerge.

Glad you make it through the winter!

And yikes...take a sponge bath in moon shine...that should take care of those little critters!

Light side points please Smiley

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2014, 07:14:15 PM »

Firewood is very good, I'm glad you had that. Lice? I'm sorry, I had fleas once because of a dog we got from the shelter, not fun.

Wait, if Western Russia is Correlia, where's Texas?

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2014, 07:16:54 PM »

They are both Corellia. Somewhere on this forum I posted reasons exactly why Western Russia is Corellia and exactly why I identify myself as Corellian.

And thanks Rel, but I think drugstore head insecticides, kerosene and cheap cologne did their job just fine. A solution of sunflower oil in kerosene is a patented Russian delousing agent.

P.S. I like Texas, too. I own a cowboy hat, a poncho and a long coat, and wear them in the streets of my hometown.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:21:14 PM by Rina Ascura » Logged

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2014, 07:32:35 PM »

P.S. I like Texas, too. I own a cowboy hat, a poncho and a long coat, and wear them in the streets of my hometown.

*maniacal laughter*
*stops suddenly*

Oh, you were serious?

*laughs harder*

It's really not that way anymore, except perhaps in Waco or El Paso or etc. any thoughts, Rel?

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »

Sorry if I run on some old damp stereotypes. But then again, isn't the old bears, vodka and ushanka your stereotype of my Motherland, my little Ivanovo Oblast? It's true that I wore some ushanka, vatnik and cowhide sapogi in winter, cause those ole Russian clothing is really warm when it's under -30 Celsius. But I have no intention of being stereotypical.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:53:47 PM by Rina Ascura » Logged

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »

It's really not that way anymore, except perhaps in Waco or El Paso or etc. any thoughts, Rel?

The poncho and long coats are only really used on long cattle drives to stave off the sun as they are too hot for everyday wear, but cowboy hats are still used on a regular basis. You see the straw versions used for regular work type stuff (though baseball caps are starting to supplant them in use because they stay on better during a good gust of wind) or by people who wear them at events like the rodeo or when they go out to a dance bar/honkeytonk. Then you have the fancy felt cowboy hats. Those are used at special occasions where dressing up is the order of the day, such as weddings, funerals, graduations, etc.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 05:14:49 PM »

Well yeah the hats are still a thing throughout the south west for some people but mostly it's just look any area, especially the cities.

I do my best to shy away from stereotypes that I haven't seen in action with my own eyes. I bet that stuff is nice and warm too, I'd get it if there were any need. And Vodka is my favorite liquor with whiskey a close second.

And what did you call me? I've learned to not even bother with internet translators.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: