Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Why is my blade changing colors?  (Read 6246 times)
Timmy Tucker
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 05, 2011, 04:00:08 AM »

I got the Initiate V2 saber for Christmas with the Violet Amethyst blade. About two days after I got the saber, the blade started to change colors.  When I turn it on, the blade changes from the original color to a hot pink and then to a deep red in a matter of seconds.  I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and what causes this to happen.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:01:26 AM »

Have you changed the batteries, Thats usually the #1 cause of a blade randomly changing its color, Low batteries are tricky little devils

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:07:48 AM »

Yes you should definitely change those batteries. Between this forum and FXSabers.com I've seen about a hundred posts asking this, and it's almost always the batteries.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:08:48 AM »

Too bad it can't hold on to the hot pink, that would be an awesome color for a saber. Heheheh.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Timmy Tucker
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 04:16:46 AM »

Thanks for the help guys, I changed the batteries but now the blade is almost a blue color and not so much purple..but that's probably just because I've been looking at a hot pink blade for the past couple days haha.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:47 AM »

That's the color it's supposed to be. The Violet Amethyst is tuned to lean a bit more towards blue than a strait purple.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 04:28:41 AM »

I hope everything works out, Hope you enjoy your new saber to the fullest

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 05:08:41 AM »

I HIGHLY recommend you get a nice charger and a few sets of batteries.  I go through either 4 or 8 AAA batteries almost every day LoL.

If you have a need for AA and AAA batteries, here is a nice setup from Sanyo...for $30 you get 8AA, 4AAA, and the charger.  They are the gen2 NiMh batteries so you can charge them up and even if they sit for a month or two, they are still fully charged...

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop-Charger-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B003VLAEPQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294203792&sr=8-2

If you already have a NiMh charger, you can get an 8 pack of Sanyo AAA Eneloops for like $21

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00368EKVS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1294203792&sr=8-3

Sam's Club sells 24 AAA Alkalines for $10, but I go through that many batteries in about a week LoL.  Rechargeables are the way to go...

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »

To add to the info above, rechargeable batteries will make the saber less blue and more red, if that's what you want.

Serena32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 11:03:34 PM »

my grandmaster does the same thing on episode 1 4 and 6 it also makes this obnoxious bell like sound setup is brand new

help

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2020, 02:49:30 AM »

Charge your batteries or put in new batteries.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: