Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Most anticipated games!  (Read 13159 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 01:15:46 PM »

No. I have a weird reason. Also, I'm going to put The Last of Us on my list. The voice acting, graphics, and gameplay are impressive. I'm going to jump on the Playstation bandwagon this time around. Sorry, Xbox Sad

This pleases Luna Wink

Is nobody else excited for Remember Me? The only game I've been this excited for was RE6... hopefully Remember Me won't be as big of a disappointment Roll Eyes

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »

This pleases Luna Wink

Is nobody else excited for Remember Me? The only game I've been this excited for was RE6... hopefully Remember Me won't be as big of a disappointment Roll Eyes

The gameplay seems a bit... clunky. It also feels a bit too linear, like the game holds your hand and guides you throughout a mission. But! I'm just going by what I've seen so far, so don't shoot me Cheesy The concept seems interesting, but it reminds me of Mindjack, and I really hope it doesn't fail like that game did. I'll just shut up now and wait until it actually releases before I make any lasting judgments.

Also, when I first heard about the game, I immediately thought "Holy crap! They're making a video game based on that book that I really enjoyed reading? Wow!" Then I was like "Wait a minute..."

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 01:21:45 AM »

Sorry for the double-post, but here is my revised list...

5. Watch Dogs
4. Injustice: GAU
3. Infamous: Second Son
2. Knack
1. The Last of Us

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »

The gameplay seems a bit... clunky. It also feels a bit too linear, like the game holds your hand and guides you throughout a mission. But! I'm just going by what I've seen so far, so don't shoot me Cheesy The concept seems interesting, but it reminds me of Mindjack, and I really hope it doesn't fail like that game did. I'll just shut up now and wait until it actually releases before I make any lasting judgments.

Also, when I first heard about the game, I immediately thought "Holy crap! They're making a video game based on that book that I really enjoyed reading? Wow!" Then I was like "Wait a minute..."

Mindjack... feelsbadman.

It had potential, and I think Remember Me has even more potential. It's also not that widely anticipated, so I doubt it'll be too much of a sell-out.

Oh yeah, taking Injustice off my list. I watched a lot of gameplay vids earlier and it doesn't look that great... or at least it doesn't seem like my style. I'll definitely still buy it, but I'll wait until the price drops to below $50. I'll revise and expand my list later.

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 04:08:23 AM »

Mindjack... feelsbadman.

It had potential, and I think Remember Me has even more potential. It's also not that widely anticipated, so I doubt it'll be too much of a sell-out.

Oh yeah, taking Injustice off my list. I watched a lot of gameplay vids earlier and it doesn't look that great... or at least it doesn't seem like my style. I'll definitely still buy it, but I'll wait until the price drops to below $50. I'll revise and expand my list later.

Good point.

Hm, when I first watched gameplay videos for Injustice, I thought it seemed like a watered down version of Mortal Kombat. I really like it now, though. I just put it lower on my list because the other games look a lot more exciting.  

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 04:47:11 AM »

That Watch Dogs game looks really interesting.

I like the idea of open-sandbox and electronic hacking to do things, kind of like Deus Ex only a bit more streamlined in that it's faster.

Other than that maybe more updates to Project Zomboid.
I don't know, I like games, I just don't have time for them anymore and I have such a difficult time playing newer games, mainly with how easy they are [there are exceptions obviously] so I usually end up sticking with older ones.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »

I just don't have time for them anymore

That is my issue, as well. I haven't touched my Xbox in months. I could have played games during Spring Break, but I had more important things to do. Okay, fine, that's not true. I just didn't feel like playing games Grin
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:09:27 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »

This pleases Luna Wink

Very, I got to play a taste of it at Wondercon at the Capcom booth.

The main character is like the girl version of Adam Jensen.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 07:20:43 PM »

I just watched AngryJoe's first impressions video for Injustice last night. Looks like a fun game. I really, REALLY like how you can tag a few combo sets and have them show up in a list on your screen when you're fighting. That is so awesome. The combo menu even shows the frame rate for each move. But I do agree with Joe that it gets a bit repetitive. The winner of a match says the exact same thing, and does the exact same movements each time. A fighter's special move is also the same each time, as well. Other than that, though, it looks fun. Nothing groundbreaking, though. At least not yet.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 03:42:58 PM »

*UPDATE*

"I'm gonna sound like a shrill pitchman, but the game, dude, F***ing rocks. It's nuts!" says Kevin Smith, a guy who knows a thing or two about comic book characters, what with his AMC series "Comic Book Men," his many podcasts, including "Fatman on Batman," and his long-standing comic-book-world street cred.

Smith spoke to us on the phone today about "Injustice," and about the TV spot for the game that debuts today. Smith wrote, directed, and stars in the spot alongside his longtime sidekick, Jason Mewes ("Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" 2001). "He was kinda like riding shotgun, co-director on the spot," says Smith of his frequent collaborator, "He took a great interest because there was a kid playing a younger version of him, so he was like 'Dude! He's gotta get it right!"

"This is everything I loved from my childhood, this is all the characters I've always enjoyed playing," says Smith, "You punch a dude in Wayne Manor and he goes through Wayne Manor! You wind up in another room and you're fighting more!"

"Injustice" is another bold creation from NetherRealm Studios, the folks who brought you Mortal Kombat, a fighting game that was, quite literally, a game-changer. Smith believes NetherRealm has brought that same attention-to-detail to "Injustice."

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/injustice-gods-among-us-tv-211240332.html

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 04:37:03 PM »

Right now, I'm really anticipating Batman: Arkham Origins.  Smiley

http://batman-news.com/2013/04/09/batman-arkham-origins-announced-coming-this-october-video/

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 05:04:50 PM »

NO WAY!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0geMX4nWA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0geMX4nWA</a>

That sounds radical.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 09:45:05 PM »

NO WAY!

That sounds radical.

I know, right?! I am concerned about Rocksteady not being there but WB Montreal did do the Armored Edition of Arkham City. Granted, that was just a port with some extra features but I think they deserve a shot. Besides, they'll have less chance of messing up the story with a prequel than if they were doing a sequel. I'd rather have Rocksteady do a sequel to City because I feel like they're the only ones who could do it justice (although I would argue that Harley Quinn's Revenge has already messed up the story a bit).

EDIT: More updates!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/assassinating-batman-in-arkham-origins

Another Edit: Some more thoughts of mine.

I am a bit disappointed because this prequel means that there will be no Nightwing or Robin. Nightwing's my favorite superhero and my favorite to play as. Robin was also freaking awesome! In fact, out of those three Batman became my least favorite to play as. Hopefully the new features will take my mind off of this.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:52:21 PM by RLYHYPERGUY » Logged

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »

I was browsing through this thread when I saw the Batman posts, and I had a smile on my face. However, I was also in my CIS class, and the professor thought I was smiling because of his joke.

Needless to say, I am excited Cheesy

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 12:15:21 AM »

I was browsing through this thread when I saw the Batman posts, and I had a smile on my face. However, I was also in my CIS class, and the professor thought I was smiling because of his joke.

Needless to say, I am excited Cheesy

I know, right? It's exciting!

I'm also guilty of browsing the forum while in class.  Cheesy For me it happens in Sociology.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: