Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Female Jedi Font  (Read 4972 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: March 30, 2013, 05:18:53 PM »

So here it is as promised. For the ladies. My female Jedi font. Its something with what I thought a female Jedi's saber would sound like. Also my mom actually wants me to get another Obsidian saber so I had to make it. Lol. (Its weird of her to want me to actually get another Obsidian saber). xp Oh and I've fixed my impact settings since this and they now play better. =]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57FBLDRAq2c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57FBLDRAq2c</a>

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

The Force Will Be With You…..Always

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »

couldnt really here it to well man

A Lightsaber Is Apart Of You Are Without It Your Incomplete

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

I don't really see how one can apply a gender or sex to a Lightsaber sound effect. I mean, it's not that bad, but it's still a general Lightsaber Sound. What makes it effeminate?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:00:37 PM »

Eh. It was just the idea of the font. I know some female character sabers sound different than the male characters. I don't know how to do dropbox so I'm hoping Eerockk will just direct upload the fonts for you guys. None of them didn't give me any issues to my board at all.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »

And @Dark. I wanted to make the hum low pitched but everything else is nice and loud.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 07:36:09 AM »

Sith general font made. I'll do the video later. I'd make my fonts louder but every time I change the volume they always sound crackly and I don't like that. Like the L and R volume thing.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:01:44 AM »

Sorry that my fonts aren't loud though but they do work and are still somewhat loud enough to hear. I didn't want to blow anyone's speaker. Lol. Thought I'd leave this side note. I know you guys like loud fonts but I wanted mine to be not as loud on purpose.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »

I don't really see how one can apply a gender or sex to a Lightsaber sound effect. I mean, it's not that bad, but it's still a general Lightsaber Sound. What makes it effeminate?

One can't, so I recommend we rename this one "The Prodigal Student", as it really does sound like a saber held by a hotshot aggressive Padawan. The gender of said Padawan is irrelevant though, and can't be conveyed through audio without involving cultural stereotypes that we really don't want to touch. Going to run a review now!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 03:53:11 PM »

Discussion continued here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=13073.0

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »

@Kitsune. Sorry if the original idea offended you. Eerockk fixed it up though. I'll do re-do videos on my Nikon camera since that one pics up sound better.

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »

Oh no worries, it didn't offend me. I was just puzzled on what made it "female", since mechanical devices can't really be gender specific (unless you take a hint from the Japanese). There's just not anything that makes a lightsaber sound effeminate or womanly. It just sounds like a lightsaber. XD

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 10:40:13 PM »

Eerockk fixed up the theme though and I kinda like his idea better. Hope you like the font and my other fonts. =]

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 11:18:35 PM »

They aren't bad. I'd actually like to see them on something like one of DarthCooper's katana sabers, because they have that sort of ancient sound to them like the one in the Clone Wars animated cartoon had. Just more subtle.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 01:47:57 AM »

That's the idea I wen't for all my fonts. I wanted them to sound more pre quell but subtle at the same time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: