Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Disney Shuts Down LucasArts Video Game Company  (Read 10515 times)
Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 10:41:18 PM »

Hmm... Disney licensing other companies to do Star Wars games? #*cough*#BETHESDA#*cough*#

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 11:16:03 PM »

Down with Disney!!!!!!

Boooooooo!!!!!!!!

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 04:49:22 PM »

LucasArts was already going in this direction.  They've been less and less about in-house development since the Jedi Knight series.
Quite frankly, I'm actually grateful Disney is keeping them around to function in the publishing/licensing capacity -- otherwise, the company would have gone belly-up in a year or two.  With Disney backing them, they can continue to focus on filtering out bad pitches, and finding studios that bring quality work to the plate.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Bethesda making a Star Wars game, to be honest.

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 03:49:11 AM »

Well considering the two amazing looking games they had set for release as well as new leaked footage for a new battlefront 3, I'm mad at them.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 04:25:43 AM »

Well considering the two amazing looking games they had set for release as well as new leaked footage for a new battlefront 3, I'm mad at them.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4</a>

The only thing I was mad about was 1313, and I still wish they would've released it, but I haven't been mad at them since the initial announcement.

no

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 05:57:14 AM »

Now that was definitely unexpected.

I lol'd.  Smiley

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »

Between this, shutting down TCW and Lucas Animation, cutting back ILM, and the hiring freeze at Lucas Arts, I hope Disney isn't going to try and create a "Star Wars drought" leading up to Ep. VII. It almost seems as though they want the new movies to be the only new content available, so as to create more interest in the new trilogy.....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »

Between this, shutting down TCW and Lucas Animation, cutting back ILM, and the hiring freeze at Lucas Arts, I hope Disney isn't going to try and create a "Star Wars drought" leading up to Ep. VII. It almost seems as though they want the new movies to be the only new content available, so as to create more interest in the new trilogy.....

I seriously doubt they'll just completely freeze everything until VII. Several new books and series have been confirmed (not since Disney bought everything, but I don't see them stopping those) and there are already believable rumors of a new animated show.

However, I wouldn't really mind if they froze almost everything for a while. The rate at which a massive quantity of SW media has been released over the last few years practically guarantees a drop in quality if it is maintained any longer. Taking a step back and advertising/selling the Sith out of what's already there seems like a great idea to me.

no

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: