Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tokusatsu Director Takao Nagaishi Passed Away  (Read 1259 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« on: April 03, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »

Tokusatsu director Takao Nagaishi passed away last March 31 as his body succumbed to progressive supranuclear palsy at the age of 68. He is best known for directing a lot of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai episodes.

Most of the Super Sentai episodes he directed are: Hikari Sentai Maskman (24), Choujuu Sentai Liveman (24), Kousoku Sentai Turboranger (21 episodes) and Denji Sentai Megaranger (19 episodes). Outside the main series, he also directed the Hikari Sentai Maskman and Kousoku Sentai Turboranger movies.

When it comes to Kamen Rider, he once worked as an assistant director in the original 1971 Kamen Rider series. He also did a lot of work for the Heisei Kamen Rider series, most notably are Kamen Rider THE FIRST and Kamen Rider Den-O the Movie: I'm Born! His last work for Toei was the Goseiger V-Cinema entitled, "Tensou Sentai Goseiger Returns: Last Epic - The Gosei Angels are National Idols!?"

From all of us here, thank you for the memories you gave us from the movies and TV shows you directed.

Source: http://www.orendsrange.com/2013/04/tokusatsu-director-takao-nagaishi.html

I didn't know much about him before I heard about this news, but the fact is that he played a huge role in shaping Super Sentai and Kamen Rider into what they are today. For that, I thank him a billion times over.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:27:08 PM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: