Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: What Lightsaber Form Do You Favor?  (Read 102485 times)
Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 02:56:49 PM »

I think you can tell all you need to from Kaiden's name (which by the way is one of the coolest I have ever heard).

Kaiden - of fire
Shard - a broken splinter
Bane - Seems like I might recall him being an important Sith or something...  Smiley

I think at BEST he's with us Grey guys, maybe even destined to Sithdom.  I think you need to face your destiny and stop trying to escape your fate!  *said ironically while listening to the band Escape the Fate*

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

DarthRavik
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -16

Sabers: Prophecy Consular Green

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 10:59:36 AM »

Not that im not open to the forms, i have not really researched them but have followed the way of the sword/saber for a long time, but i will have too define my technique sometime

I have only the Dark Side, It is my companion, my passion and my power, it is my life.

Order Sixty Six
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -8

POWA UNLIMITED POWA

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »

Im all jar'kai.
My lightsaber technique is more derived from starkiller but the episode 2 dooku fight inspired it alot as well.
Assaj ventress is moving up there but I haven't watched the clone wars that much and I saw an episode where she swung both sabers to the right and left her whole left side open and got a little irked.

2 lightsabers are so much better than 1 if you know how to use them.

2x Adegan Silver Initiate v2
2x Blazing Red Dominix v3
Wishlist
Yellow Standard Issue

Hit me with a pm if you live in the tampa area and want to join a sparring group, my friend is recruiting for a panel at shadocon 2011.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 05:53:07 AM »

I think you can tell all you need to from Kaiden's name (which by the way is one of the coolest I have ever heard).

Kaiden - of fire
Shard - a broken splinter
Bane - Seems like I might recall him being an important Sith or something...  Smiley

I think at BEST he's with us Grey guys, maybe even destined to Sithdom.  I think you need to face your destiny and stop trying to escape your fate!  *said ironically while listening to the band Escape the Fate*

This is a good assumption, and one I share, I believe that he shall one day be Lord Shardsbane  Wink He shall see the Truth of the Force in time, and join us in the ways of Passion and Darkness, it is only a Matter of Time  Grin

I have forseen that He shall Become a Powerful Sith Indeed

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »

Bane - A person or thing that causes misery and suffering,
        - A deadly poison
        - Death, destruction, ruin.

However, I don't know what I would change my name to.  I mean, what's better than "Fiery splinter of doom"?

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »

I mean, what's better than "Fiery splinter of doom"?

Nothing.  Nothing at all.  Like I said, that is the coolest sith/jedi name I've seen (IMHO of course).   Cool

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 10:23:03 PM »

Bane - A person or thing that causes misery and suffering,
        - A deadly poison
        - Death, destruction, ruin.

However, I don't know what I would change my name to.  I mean, what's better than "Fiery splinter of doom"?

Hmm, give me a little bit of time, and I will see what I can whip up for you in the way of a new Sith Mantel  Wink  I pride myself with coming up with Sith Names   Grin

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »

I really should pick a name and PM a mod.  My gamertag just isn't cutting it here...  Undecided

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 08:37:30 PM »

Oh, and sorry for the hijack.

SO... How about them Saber Forms?  Grin

Darth Pelage
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 10:45:21 PM »

I utilize Form V, but would love to take up Form II.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:48:39 PM by FurryJedi » Logged

Delete this account.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 10:58:03 PM »

I utilize Form V, but would love to take up Form II.

Form II is pretty excellent.  Form V is nice too though!  I love utilizing them both, alternating between the powerful strikes of Form V and the precise movements of Form II.  I especially like how Form V is aggressive but not 100%, part of it still relies on maintaining a strong defense (as it arose from Form III) while creating openings to counterattack.

Darth Pelage
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 11:06:30 PM »

Form II is pretty excellent.  Form V is nice too though!  I love utilizing them both, alternating between the powerful strikes of Form V and the precise movements of Form II.  I especially like how Form V is aggressive but not 100%, part of it still relies on maintaining a strong defense (as it arose from Form III) while creating openings to counterattack.
Indeed, I threw my friend off guard when switching forms mid-swing. He was so used to me being predictable, but not anymore. Unfortunately I don't have the proper knowledge and training to begin perfecting and/or mastering a form.

Delete this account.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 02:04:55 PM »

I myself prefer Soresu.  Being 5'8" and 140lbs I combine Form III with aikido skills and kicks from taekwondo (3rd dan, started training in 1992).  I have also learned and incorporated Form VII specifically Vaapad into my training.  Master Nero Attoru and attest to my proficiency as a bladesman.  I spent about 5 years in serious study of kendo (sport), iaido and kenjutsu (art).

bopyloo
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

great, kid, don't get cocky!

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »

hm... it seems i'm kinda late into the discussion... well anyhoo, i prefer form III 90% of the time, and form V when the opponent's guard is temporarily down.

Do, or do not. There is no try. Tongue

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 03:16:25 AM »

I myself prefer Soresu.  Being 5'8" and 140lbs I combine Form III with aikido skills and kicks from taekwondo (3rd dan, started training in 1992).  I have also learned and incorporated Form VII specifically Vaapad into my training.  Master Nero Attoru and attest to my proficiency as a bladesman.  I spent about 5 years in serious study of kendo (sport), iaido and kenjutsu (art).

Hmmmm, Form III's Impenetrable Defense, Combined With Form VII's Lightning Deadly Offense.......... I will not like look forward to facing you on the battle field, for my specialties lye in my knowledge in the Dark Side of the Force..... but in this case, I'm not sure it would matter lol Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: