Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound Board Question  (Read 1716 times)
yt0k
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« on: May 15, 2011, 09:17:20 PM »

I have seen alot of videos on Youtube of people using Crystal Focus boards that have multiple sound fonts and also can make the LED flicker. The guy is selling the boards for ~$160 US. If I were to purchase one of these, can it be installed into a Ultrasabers hilt just by replacing the current board?

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »

From what I've been able to glean, there is not really a benign "just replace the boards" event when dealing with the Crystal Focus. There are people who've installed them in these hilts of course, but it's not like popping graphics cards into your PC.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »

Mostly yeah, you can. I think the main issue is just making sure you wire everything correctly. But, if you use a CF board, wont you just take out the other one and replace it with the CF? I think there are some threads here on the boards that actually show you where how and where to rig up everything. But again, just need to make sure you get everything right.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

yt0k
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:36:28 PM »

I kind of figured that. I've been wanting to try and wire my own saber, but I've never soldered anything major or expensive. Was going to say if it was as easy as switching out the boards, I could probably manage that or see what kind of deal I could make with Ultra.

Thanks for the reply

Iyce
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 26

Off-White Jedi

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:38:22 PM »

What do you mean by sound fonts? Because the $15 hasbro sabers with a dvd have a flicker, and blade on/off, clash, and swing effects. So if that is the things you are looking for and the same thing the $160 board does than don't waste your money, just gut an obi wan saber.

"Was that a droideka I cut in half? Huh! Didn't notice!"

Sabers I Want        Sabers I Have
Metal Grab Bag
War Glaive Staff
Dark Initiate LE
Aeon RGB

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »

If your saber doesnt have sound, I would try wiring an econo board to it first and seeing how that does just so it can make your CF board wiring go a little easier. The Obi-Wan lightsaber from the stores usually have a sound board you can wire into your ultrasaber for sound. Again, there are some threads about doing this on the site. I would say practice that first and maybe some other wiring before you get the CF board. I would love to have one of those, but low on money to buy it msyelf. If I got it though, I know I wouldnt want to mess it up.

@Master Iyce - the econo boards work for what there are. But the CF boards actually allow you to make your own sound fonts and install them onto the board. So you can have lasers blasting at you while the star wars theme goes off. There is a lot to do when it comes to wiring and getting everything right with teh SD card and such, but the quality and overall oppurtunities you have with the CF board are far superior to the Obi-Wan board. Master NovaStar is master at this stuff, if you YouTube him I think he has some videos showing examples of what you can do with a CF board.

Iyce
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 26

Off-White Jedi

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:26:39 PM »

NICE!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Can you load sound off a TV? Ex. the darksaber clash, whoosh, etc. from the clone wars? They put a different sound style for it in. It was really cool!

"Was that a droideka I cut in half? Huh! Didn't notice!"

Sabers I Want        Sabers I Have
Metal Grab Bag
War Glaive Staff
Dark Initiate LE
Aeon RGB

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »

Since it is a mini SD card, yeah, pretty much whatever you want you can get. I do believe there is a certain way to do it, though. So creating them just off the bat is pretty hard. But, there are certain individuals, again, Master NovaStar, who have done the work and made the different fonts and sounds. They are out there, just need to look for them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: