Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Could the Overlord Ever Reign Again?  (Read 30785 times)
The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 06:45:18 PM »

i think some brass or some copper accents would look sweet on it. maybe some brass sleeve accenting the grooved section closer to the emmitter. imagining something qui gon-esque, which would also fill that gap people have been looking to fill with the lack of an easily accessable qui-gon saber. although price would have to be considered with all that too.

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 07:52:09 PM »

The Overlord was, indeed, a beautiful saber.

If it came back, I wouldn't object but rather be proud that it survived its past. That makes it somewhat a legend. Just an idea, but what if you make the LED and the emitter into one piece with disconnects, and accompany it with a differently designed one?

Possible win of the year...?

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »

I'm all for keeping the Lord black. I like it that way, just thought I'd suggest a silver version.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 03:21:13 AM »

I'm all for keeping the Lord black. I like it that way, just thought I'd suggest a silver version.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I side with the Classic Black Look, it just fits this Saber Perfectly  Wink

and to Darkhorse V:  I find your lack of faith disturbing.................. lol, just messing with you Bro, Ultra is a Master at what He Does, just Sit Back and Enjoy the Shower From The Heavens of Beautiful Sabers  Cheesy

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »

and to Darkhorse V:  I find your lack of faith disturbing.................. lol, just messing with you Bro, Ultra is a Master at what He Does, just Sit Back and Enjoy the Shower From The Heavens of Beautiful Sabers  Cheesy

I have faith  Wink

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -27

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2011, 03:18:40 AM »

I'm new to this and all, but just from looking at it, The Overlord is a beautiful saber and would love to have one were I to have the money ^_^;; I think bringing it back with an epic spin on it would be awesome.

Sabers I have:            Sabers I want:
Catalyst-Blue              Dark War Glaive x2
Dark Initiate V2-Red    Raven
                                 Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Liamcelt
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 03:36:31 AM »

Ultra, Just got back into the Saber life after a little hiatus and thought i would weigh in on this topic. My first blade was an original run Overlord. I made my choice after surfing the saber community for a while looking for a quality saber that stood out from the crowd and paid homage to the originals. In my mind, the Overlord was this and more. It is still my favorite blade and when others see it they always ask if the saber is still available.

I watched the frenzy unfold around the the later run of the Overlord and this led to me checking out of the saber community for a while, could not stand the bickering and such. I'm glad to have returned and I am waiting for the delivery of my new Counsular, should be here Friday! I personally would love to see this saber come back in some form. It's an awesome saber, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

That's it, just wanted to toss my two cents in.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 07:12:53 AM »

Ultra, Just got back into the Saber life after a little hiatus and thought i would weigh in on this topic. My first blade was an original run Overlord. I made my choice after surfing the saber community for a while looking for a quality saber that stood out from the crowd and paid homage to the originals. In my mind, the Overlord was this and more. It is still my favorite blade and when others see it they always ask if the saber is still available.

I watched the frenzy unfold around the the later run of the Overlord and this led to me checking out of the saber community for a while, could not stand the bickering and such. I'm glad to have returned and I am waiting for the delivery of my new Counsular, should be here Friday! I personally would love to see this saber come back in some form. It's an awesome saber, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

That's it, just wanted to toss my two cents in.

Smiley , good to hear the older generation of saber lovers endorse the idea Wink , and don't worry, this is a much more friendly place than the place you were used to  Grin  We are the new hub for all things Sabers  Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Dread Gnome8
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2011, 04:40:09 AM »

I am new to US. Only found  it about a week ago. It hurts me to see people treated that way. I don't see what the big deal would have been. If it happened to me, yes I would be upset that I didn't get what I ordered, but I lost nothing. I would be given a refund, and the money would end up going right back into US for a different saber. As I said, I am very new here, but feel welcomed by the community. After seeing the wide variety of sabers to choose from, and seeing all of the very high marks people have given them, I ordered a Quick-ship Phantom V2 staff with a 32" Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade in Blazing Red. It is scheduled to get here Friday the 24th and I am dying with anticipation. I will post a review and pics when it gets here (if I can put it down long enough to get on my computer, that is).

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -27

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2011, 04:44:11 AM »

Welcome Dread Gnome8 hope you like your saber! I get my first one tomorrow afternoon hopefully Smiley

Sabers I have:            Sabers I want:
Catalyst-Blue              Dark War Glaive x2
Dark Initiate V2-Red    Raven
                                 Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 04:50:41 AM »

You made a great choice Dread Gnome8. The Phantom is quite awesome(I'll get myself one eventually).

As for the Overlord(if you're still up for doing it Ultra) I have an idea that I think is great. Now I know this is asking a lot, but maybe Nova could make a sound font that's exclusive to the Overlord? One not available in the Obsidian store, but only comes pre-loaded on an Overlord?

Would that be sweet or what?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2011, 08:09:06 AM »

You made a great choice Dread Gnome8. The Phantom is quite awesome(I'll get myself one eventually).

As for the Overlord(if you're still up for doing it Ultra) I have an idea that I think is great. Now I know this is asking a lot, but maybe Nova could make a sound font that's exclusive to the Overlord? One not available in the Obsidian store, but only comes pre-loaded on an Overlord?

Would that be sweet or what?

That Would Be Pretty Frickin Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin 

Great Idea Lord Raze, It Would Be A Great Way To Stick It To All Those People Who Gave Ultra All That Hell Last Time Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (being a Sith, I LOVE REVENGE  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The Sound Font Would Have To Be Massively Epic Beyond Words To Make Them Hurt, and Their Mouths Water.......  He He He  Grin

stuxnet
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -34

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »

To be honest, I'd rather see US just move forward instead of bringing the overlord back officially.  Nothing against that saber - it is definitely cool!  Really, I just am so impressed by all of the more recent sabers I want to see where that leads.  I'm sure there are other windowed emitters in the future and the last couple saber designs have been kind to us darksiders.

Agreed. I'd like to see US continue to move forward, not back. Too many bad feelings caught up in that last OL run.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2011, 07:40:20 PM »

Thanks for reigning it in, Master Caine  Wink  I think this topic can be open for business again.

Just to reiterate the rules here:  Nice and friendly is the name of the game.  If you want to be confrontational, go do it somewhere else.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »

Thread locked. Unless you were around to see what had happened, you have no business commenting on it.
Thanks for reigning it in, Master Caine  Wink  I think this topic can be open for business again.

Just to reiterate the rules here:  Nice and friendly is the name of the game.  If you want to be confrontational, go do it somewhere else.

Thank you guys! I see this thread as looking to the future, not drudging up stuff that happened in the past. Now back on topic: I'm really excited about this! I know Ultra will come up with something spectacular and we will all be awestruck!! Just like we are with all the other great stuff he comes out with!!  Grin

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: