Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Could the Overlord Ever Reign Again?  (Read 30488 times)
Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »

i would love to get an overlord if you make more! i missed out on the first couple of runs  when you first introduced the model and i don't want to miss out on this one Smiley so a big YES

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »

i haven't been around long enough to know about it, but i will say it's a very sweet lookin saber. i think it would have a lot of potential for a great v2

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 02:24:05 AM »

I'll just give yall the low-down on the last Overlord run instead of beating around the bush:

The FX-Sabers forum community wanted another run of Overlords, but this time, it was going to be a community project.  Design, funds, blades, and electronics came from me, machining was done by another forum member, and assembly was done by two other forum members.  Everyone involved was a highly esteemed individual with years of history in the community.

Everyone did what they were supposed to do except one of the people entrusted with assembly.  He basically went awol and vanished with hilts, electronics, and money.  It took months to track him down and we didn't get back even half the parts.  Of course, Ultra Sabers stood behind the project, so I had to compensate for all the stolen parts out of my pocket alone.  No one else involved with the project had to bear any of that burden.  Everyone either got their saber or got a refund.  I did the best I could to make things right.  But that wasn't enough.

Many of the people who didn't get a saber (and got a refund instead) turned on me quite viciously.  People who were supposedly my friends declared they would never buy another Ultra Sabers product again, even though the Overlord run was not a normal Ultra Sabers product.

The only person to lose money on that project was me, but I lost alot more than that.  I never imagined there could be so much betrayal and friends lost over a $142 saber and the experience caused me to retire the Overlord indefinitely and withdraw quite a bit from the FX-Sabers community.

On a side note, I'm very pleased that the community on Saber Forum is shaping up to be such a friendly and welcoming group of people.  This isn't a community filled with pessimists or butt kissers, and some of you certainly are hard to please sometimes (you know who you are  Wink ) but overall, it seems everyone's intentions are honest, and yall approach me in good faith wanting only from me what you are entitled and nothing more.  Frankly, that kind of attitude only makes me want to give more and more to this community.  More rewards, more discounts, more contests, more random giveaways, etc.  Maybe an Overlord run could also be a good way to show my appreciation...

Alright, lets brain storm this:  If I do another run of Overlords, the design should be a little different to distinguish it from the earlier runs, while retaining the styling that defines an Overlord.  I have a few changes to the emitter and pommel in mind that I think will make the saber more appealing.  All the work should be done in-house like our other sabers so you'll get the same quality, price, and shipping times that you have come to expect from Ultra Sabers.

I could work up some renderings in Solidworks and show yall what I have in mind.  Keep in mind, though, this isnt a project I could tackle immediately.  I have a bunch of other stuff already in the works that will have to come first.  I may be able to have these available by Christmas, but let's not count chickens quite yet.

Darth Paul
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 03:07:12 AM »

Ultra I'm still fairly new to the saber world and what I've seen on this forum from you has blown away any other maker I've seen so far. And the fact that you care this much about your customers is awesome. I am a proud owner of an ultrasaber and forever look forward to adding to my collection and will be more than pleased to start saving till christmas time for an overlord remastering:) I look forward to the new design!

Dark Standard Issue Staff - Arctic Blue

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 03:07:36 AM »

I could work up some renderings in Solidworks and show yall what I have in mind.  Keep in mind, though, this isnt a project I could tackle immediately.  I have a bunch of other stuff already in the works that will have to come first.  I may be able to have these available by Christmas, but let's not count chickens quite yet.
YES that would be awesome! make a couple of renders ultra and let us vote on the best one so we all kindof have a say in the new overlords design   Smiley sheesh maybe having them ready by christmas! man ultra you spoil us i would be expecting more like next summer  Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 03:42:25 AM »

Ultra I'm still fairly new to the saber world and what I've seen on this forum from you has blown away any other maker I've seen so far. And the fact that you care this much about your customers is awesome. I am a proud owner of an ultrasaber and forever look forward to adding to my collection and will be more than pleased to start saving till christmas time for an overlord remastering:) I look forward to the new design!

This x100.

On a side note, I'm very pleased that the community on Saber Forum is shaping up to be such a friendly and welcoming group of people.  This isn't a community filled with pessimists or butt kissers, and some of you certainly are hard to please sometimes (you know who you are  Wink ) but overall, it seems everyone's intentions are honest, and yall approach me in good faith wanting only from me what you are entitled and nothing more.  Frankly, that kind of attitude only makes me want to give more and more to this community.  More rewards, more discounts, more contests, more random giveaways, etc.  Maybe an Overlord run could also be a good way to show my appreciation...

We love you too Ultra! Cry Cry Cry

Alright, lets brain storm this:  If I do another run of Overlords, the design should be a little different to distinguish it from the earlier runs, while retaining the styling that defines an Overlord.  I have a few changes to the emitter and pommel in mind that I think will make the saber more appealing.  All the work should be done in-house like our other sabers so you'll get the same quality, price, and shipping times that you have come to expect from Ultra Sabers.

I could work up some renderings in Solidworks and show yall what I have in mind.  Keep in mind, though, this isnt a project I could tackle immediately.  I have a bunch of other stuff already in the works that will have to come first.  I may be able to have these available by Christmas, but let's not count chickens quite yet.

I have an idea Ultra. How about a reverse version of the Overlord? Silver hilt with black accents, instead of black hilt with silver accents? I think it'd look pretty cool.

By Christmas?! What!

That's a lot sooner than I would have expected.... Grin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:46:57 AM by Darth Raze » Logged

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 03:46:13 AM »

i will definatly say the best part about US is the community here. everyone here is friendly and welcomes everyone with open arms, and i think thats the coolest part about ultrasabers. the products are great, but anyone can make a saber as long as they're willing to put the time into it (they wouldn't be able to touch the quality of US though  Wink) but it takes alot more to care about the people on the recieving end of it.

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 04:01:15 AM »

I have an idea Ultra. How about a reverse version of the Overlord? Silver hilt with black accents, instead of black hilt with silver accents? I think it'd look pretty cool.

great idea raze  Smiley , though i would still prefer a black over lord  a light side one would be sweet! similar to how ultra offer the oppressor in a light side version as the redemption.

Gchu149
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 04:42:33 AM »

More unicorns running around here...

Ultra, one thing I could say about Saberforum is that this is one of the most open and friendliest forums I've seen. And this forum is much easier to grow into also, compared to Fx-sabers, where it takes some time to fit in. One literally jumps into this forum and already feels comfortable on impact.

Really looking forward to your new ideas, Ultra!

Gchu149 of fx-sabers
"Darth" of SMHS Jazz band

Gchu149
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »

(P.S.  I will probably be banned for this over at FX, and you know what, I won't miss them a bit  Wink, this place is FAR MORE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!)

I don't mean to meddle, but you could possibly be banned for this here too.

Gchu149 of fx-sabers
"Darth" of SMHS Jazz band

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »

Wraith: "WE will not be beaten down by a bunch of God Complexes in their momma's basement "
...I have my own room! Grin

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 05:16:21 PM »

Thank You Ultra   Cheesy , and you have my word, this will be the last time I ever do that  Wink

and regarding Duff Man: LMAO!!!!

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »

Wraith: "WE will not be beaten down by a bunch of God Complexes in their momma's basement "
...I have my own room! Grin

"If the average star trek fan lived in his parents basement, at least the average star wars fan lived above their parents garage... had a seperate entrance" -Saving Star Wars (Fan Film my high school Theatre teacher was in). lol

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »

Well Ultra I think you should make this Overlord V2 MHS compatible emitter and pommel, that would be cool, and also keep the windowed emitter that rocks but I cant wait to see those renders. You should start a poll maybe and get a vote going to see which one is favored among us.

PS: Im sorry to hear that some folks betrayed you like that Ultra that is awful to hear, but know this karma is a bitch! Wink
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:32:41 PM by Ryuyee » Logged

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »

PS: Im sorry to hear that some folks betrayed you like that Ultra that is awful to hear, but know this karma is a bitch! Wink
Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that too! It sucks people have to be like that! I know it sure makes me appreciate having this forum & being a part of it!!  Grin

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: