Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Saber: Phantasm Review  (Read 4255 times)
TortugaRidley
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« on: May 17, 2011, 02:55:10 AM »

Basically everything that needs to be said is in the video, except I messed up and said "the LEDS are in the blade" I meant they were in the hilt

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srvgbTZI1EY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srvgbTZI1EY</a>

And now for some pictures

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:05:25 AM »

Nice review man, I have been thinking about adding one of these to my arsenal Aeon/ Dominix v2/ D L.E. ( maybe not the staff "yet" , a single). I just don't know when.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Jawaslayer4
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »

I like the phantasm with the red. It kinda says darth maul. Cool I'm in a debate on weather or not I should get this as my first saber(s) because if I do I will want them in RGB which will bring the price to around $300 and thats around the price for a saber with sound and I want one of those two. Also I could spend half of that on a regular staff and save money. It's a very hard decision. Sad Anyway, great review. It makes me want a phantasm even more. Grin Oh, and as for the buttons not being aligned, I think Ultrasabers does that on purpose because of maybe hand positioning. Not sure though. Again, thanks for the review. Smiley

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:49:13 PM »

I like the phantasm with the red. It kinda says darth maul. Cool I'm in a debate on weather or not I should get this as my first saber(s) because if I do I will want them in RGB which will bring the price to around $300 and thats around the price for a saber with sound and I want one of those two. Also I could spend half of that on a regular staff and save money. It's a very hard decision. Sad Anyway, great review. It makes me want a phantasm even more. Grin Oh, and as for the buttons not being aligned, I think Ultrasabers does that on purpose because of maybe hand positioning. Not sure though. Again, thanks for the review. Smiley

Great job on your review !

you beat me to it for like a weak Sad Im still waiting for my identical phantasm (blazing red). It will be my 1st ultra saber, and i cant wait to get it. Funny thing is how guys at ultra shiped the whole thing in a day or two, then took 4 more days to come half the globe, now it's "stuck" in customs for the last 2 days Smiley Shipped them the reciet and everything... ah well

I was considering one part RGB, so i could do epic battles with my friends by simply klicking a button and beeing the good guy, but like you said 90$ a piece is not something i was willing to pay at the end. I had to consider a 150$ for shipping (im from Europe) so i decided im simply gonna order a new saber or even two lol Cheesy That raven looks tasty !

I can see why people were warning other folk to be aware that this thing (saber owning/collecting) is an addiction Cheesy

Regarding sound: My 1st saber is a Hasbro Anakin FX ROTS, and its nice. Alltho I have to handle it like a 12 year old virgin, a simple drop from my hands would break at least 2 things if not 5 Smiley Theres the fragile blade, the individual leds inside the blade, and there is a beautifull movie replica hilt so consider not to mention the electronics inside. I dont rly know how durable theese soundboards are made, and how well guys at Ultra install and secure them in their own sabers but that thing cant be indestructable. So you probably cant duel like a mad man with it and expect it to work for years (imho) Smiley The motion detection sensor is in the hilt and therefore is not totaly accurate (in the movies the sound comes from the blades themselfs). Becouse of that, you have to spin your saber "the right" way for the motion detector to register. Sometimes it reacts when you simply touch sour saber, and sometims you have to do a whole spin for it to register. So that was kind of a dissapointment. I rly thought i could spin this thing to highheaven and it would 'sing' for me. Nope. I rly dont wanna break it, since its a replica. A working replica, but more for display than anything else.

And thats why i went Ultra. And im never turning back.

PS: at one time i was seriousley considering ordering 2 phantasms, since its still cheaper than the RGB option, and you can have every blade in different colour AND you get --> 4 <-- sabers for an amazing price. Good for all those duels with friends that will probably never buy one, but will still drool over it.

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:51:21 PM »

PPS: another thing. The "simplicity" of the hilt makes it perfect for customatization and adding your own personal touch. Even a simple black tape can do miracles on this hilt. I get the shivers if i even think of claws  Grin

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »

Very nice.  Although if I were gonna get red, I think I'd go with the Phantom but that's just a personal cosmetic choice bc I know how cool the darker Dominix looks with a red blade...

I'm thinking of getting a Phantasm myself, maybe one in Guardian Blue.

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »

hahaha i have that same blue board! from when i used to go to florida Smiley great review..

through fear, there is pain,
through pain, there is strength,
through strength, there is control,
through control, there is power,
through power we bring the masses..-Darth Dracus

darth vulkaan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

dark side points please!

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 04:14:36 AM »

Nice review man i have been thinking about getting one of these

We are but shadow's of the force.  We must destroy the light if there is to be complete darkness.

TortugaRidley
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »

Thanks, guys, it's too bad I missed the chance to get points for this though

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: