Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Decisions...  (Read 7604 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« on: April 17, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »

Alrighty, I'm having a difficult time.

I can buy all three Bioshock games for around $80 ($60 for Infinite, around $20 for 1 and 2 together).

Or

I can get a pre-owned Wii for $80-$90. Games will be very cheap soon, so I can get pretty much any decent game ever made for it fairly quickly and inexpensively.

Or, to throw in another option, I could get a pre-owned 360 for $120-$130.

Any input is appreciated, as long as it isn't console-bashing. Oh, and feel free to ask for help with any video game-related decisions in here if you want.

no

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:44:55 PM »

I'd go Bioshock.

1 is better than 2, but Infinite is better than 1.

It's a story that you really shouldn't miss if you play video games.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 05:09:34 AM »

Xbox 360, and THEN save up and buy bioshock trilogy for that Cheesy

since console bashing isn't allowed I'll say no more Tongue but Xbox 360= best lol Tongue

and I haven't played bioshock but I've watched the other half play 1 and 2, but playing them in order will make the storyline make more sense

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 05:14:41 AM »

since console bashing isn't allowed I'll say no more Tongue but NES= best lol Tongue

I agree! Wink

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 05:24:40 AM »

since console bashing isn't allowed I'll say no more Tongue but Xbox 360= best lol Tongue
I agree! Wink

I'm glad you agree that XBOX 360 is best! Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:38:03 AM »

I'm glad you agree that NES is best! Tongue

Grin

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 06:08:31 AM »

Point for you hobbit, you made me laugh!

now I'm going to be the big person and stop the hijacking of lunas thread
(but Xbox 360 is still best!)

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 06:14:00 AM »

None of the 8th gen consoles are the best.

I think that's a fair compromise.

The only reason I would go with the 360 is for a bit of variety. I'll just leave it at that. I wouldn't bother with Live or anything, since I can do the few things I enjoy playing online for free as it is.

On the other hand, if I could buy the RE edition inexpensively the decision would already be made. I'm a sucker for pointless cash grabs if they involve RE. I checked the SW edition and holy Celestia that's overpriced... plus it comes with an additional feature I'll never use and a terrible game. Not exactly my cup of tea.

I've never really paid attention before, so here's a noob-ish question: are there any great exclusives for the 360 (not including Halo, which is definitely not my style)? By great, I don't mean good or part of a series that is generally received positively. I mean 10/10 games, good enough to stand up to the best PS3 exclusives (Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, etcetera).

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 06:17:33 AM »

Point for you hobbit, you made me laugh!

now I'm going to be the big person and stop the hijacking of lunas thread
(but Xbox 360 is still best!)

Huzzah!

I've never really paid attention before, so here's a noob-ish question: are there any great exclusives for the 360 (not including Halo, which is definitely not my style)? By great, I don't mean good or part of a series that is generally received positively. I mean 10/10 games, good enough to stand up to the best PS3 exclusives (Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, etcetera).

Gears of War. That's pretty much it. Everything else is on the PS3.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 09:23:39 AM »

On the other hand, if I could buy the RE edition inexpensively the decision would already be made. I'm a sucker for pointless cash grabs if they involve RE. I checked the SW edition and holy Celestia that's overpriced...

im assuming you are talking about the starwars xbox console here?

yer, i had this on pre order as soon as i heard about it and had the cash to put the deposit on it Cheesy i agree overpriced- but i didnt care i had to have it! and its actually been a good thing see, r2d2 only beeps if you get up and activate the on off button yourself (instead of using the controller)- so it makes me be less lazy just so it can beep at me!

and then i also love this lil addition to it:

and this is how much we love xbox Cheesy

theres also an xbox original in the cupboard, a dead xbox 360 floating around somewhere (damn the earlier consoles and their red ring of death!) and a fourth xbox 360 hooked up to one of my computer screens in the study thats one of the very first and has been repaired twice under warranty for red ring of death. thats a bit old these days, and the drive sticks. but it still works! oh and i have a windows phone so i have xbox live on it   Grin
dont let the red ring of death issues deter you though, long as you get a newer one they are fine. never had any issues with my r2d2 console (which just turned 1), or my other halfs elite (few years old now). and if you have a wireless set up at home and get a second hand one, try and get one with wireless built in. so much better than cords. sure you can buy the wireless adapters but they arent cheap, least they arent here in oz.

oh and hobbit- you just huzzahed that the xbox is best  Grin

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -41

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 11:31:53 AM »

I am indifferent toward either the Bioshock option or the Xbox option.

HOWEVER, I recommend you do not go with the Wii option. Purely due to the fact that the games that everyone loves (ie, Super Smash Bros Brawl, etc) are so hard to get that you will pay the price of a new game almost (in Aus to get one that is decent condition pre owned is ~$50-60)

I went into EB and asked for it, they looked it up and only 2 were available at that time in all of Victoria.

I also found that there was a bigger variety of games on Xbox, and you of course get the better game play from PC Smiley

Just my 2c

PS. I like that you are playing KoTOR Wink

and then i also love this lil addition to it:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:41:04 AM by mcnaughtonM » Logged

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dark Liberator in CG (gb)
- Shock in BR (Silver FOC)
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »

I was not a big fan of Bioshock Infinite.  I can't get into my reasoning without major thpoilerth, so I'll stop there.  Suffice to say, I maintain that the first game was the best in the series, both in atmosphere and execution.

I would suggest a 360.  The PS3 exclusives you list are not attractive games in my eyes, and to be honest, I wouldn't let exclusives make my decision for me, personally.  While there are some decent ones out there, for the most part I find exclusives to be pretty weak, especially when they enter sequel territory.  (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, GOD OF WAR.)
The Wii has some titles I am incredibly fond of, and will be probably for the rest of my life.  Having said that, if you're going the Wii route, be prepared to drop money, because as mcnaughton said, many of the popular Wii games are becoming harder to find, thus Game Stop is charging more for them.
I'm right there with you on RE.  I own the RE5 Elite 360.  I literally bought it the moment it hit my store because it was red, and because it came with RE5.  A pure impulse buy, and I haven't regretted it once.

UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME:
I really don't get the raving praise aimed at Demon's Souls.  I played it back when it was called Devil May Cry and its hook wasn't "lol we're gunna kill u till u break ur controller in half."

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 02:14:43 PM »

I really don't get the raving praise aimed at Demon's Souls.  I played it back when it was called Devil May Cry and its hook wasn't "lol we're gunna kill u till u break ur controller in half."

Hahaha I love this Smiley

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 02:15:34 PM »

PS. I like that you are playing KoTOR Wink

thanks, even though its Xbox original it plays surprisingly well on the 360- other games like morrowind have the colours and resolutions go funny- every now n then I pull the Xbox original out to play morrowind, go a lil old school for a bit
I've paused my KOTOR playing for now coz I'm playing TOR

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »

thanks, even though its Xbox original it plays surprisingly well on the 360- other games like morrowind have the colours and resolutions go funny- every now n then I pull the Xbox original out to play morrowind, go a lil old school for a bit
I've paused my KOTOR playing for now coz I'm playing TOR

I'm torn between them, I like all the options of TOR and its gameplay. But I much preferred the story of KoTOR to that of the jedi in TOR.

Would totally pay for a remake Wink

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print