Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Nautolan Jedi  (Read 7893 times)
reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« on: April 20, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »

Getting back into Star Wars renders and I just finished one up that I'm proud of.

Finally figured out how to get the light to work right with sabers, and I've learned a whole lot. I do think the Lekkus may be a tad long on this one though.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

sweet...time for Keldor.

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -41

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »

That looks incredible! +point

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dark Liberator in CG (gb)
- Shock in BR (Silver FOC)
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »

Awesome! I think everything is perfect. The lekku look more feminine.

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:02:27 AM »

Badass! can I see others? +1

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

reiperx
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »

Badass! can I see others? +1

This is one that I did earlier.

I actually used the same body and skin tone, since its an extreme pain to get the lekku's to match the skin.

I'm working on some more too. Unfortunately 90% of my images are female because a) they are the most popular, and b) its an extreme pain to find decent male models for poser to work with.

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »

That is badass dude. You cant make your model from scratch if you have your own blueprint to work from?

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

reiperx
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »

That is badass dude. You cant make your model from scratch if you have your own blueprint to work from?

I use a program called Poser. It comes with some basic models, and there are a lot of sites where you can download more (some for free, some not for free). And its basically the 3d model(s) itself. You can actually make your own too, but I lack the skills to do so.

Basically the body that I use is called Victoria 4.2, the textures (skin tones) are one that someone else made, although the tones are fairly easy to do yourself. The Lekkus someone else made, its a 3 year long project that a designer has been working on when he can, and its turned out great (and free).

Its actually not too difficult to do once you have all of the models and get used to the programs.

If you are interested in learning most just toss me a PM. Poser is about $400 bucks, but there is a program called Daz3D that is pretty much the same, and its completely free, although the UI is a lot different and I'm still learning it (about to move to DAZ once I learn it well enough).

GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 34

if I earn any, lightside points if you please

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 11:27:50 AM »

I just want to say these look pretty amazing.  Honestly the Nautolan on top made me think of the baby Aayla and Kit Fisto would have had Cheesy that's pretty awesome.  I'm a fan of Nautolans so I had to check this out.  Nice job

reiperx
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 04:34:21 AM »

I just want to say these look pretty amazing.  Honestly the Nautolan on top made me think of the baby Aayla and Kit Fisto would have had Cheesy that's pretty awesome.  I'm a fan of Nautolans so I had to check this out.  Nice job

Thanks, they are one of my favorites too. I really enjoyed making that image, but there was probably 10x more work that went into that one than any image previous or since.

Someone did point out one problem with it though, her face is wrong. The eyes aren't nearly big enough, and I think their noses are way different. Knowing that is really driving me up the wall, but its something I think I can fix on my next one with some simple morphs.

I'm actually rendering my favorite two species right now, Chiss and Barabel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: