Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Author Topic: The Cars Thread.  (Read 38263 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »

Found this little weirdo while looking up something else!

Would love to get my hands on one of these, even a rusted out shell...clean 'er up and hotrodden it til fire was shooting out of the who'holes!

Light side points please Smiley

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2013, 09:10:30 PM »

Mine wasn't "nice"  rear quarters were rusted out, couldn't put anything smaller than a softball in the trunk or it would end up on the road somewhere.  I learned to do body work on that car.  Not great mind you, but enough that if I stood on it and hazed the tires off I could see out the window and still breathe. I think I dumped almost every dime I made for a year into cleaning up and tuning the motor.  It had sat neglected for a few years, and as many of you know, that's not good, but she had the 340, automatic, and as an added bonus, after market 6-pack intake.  Really learned a lot about carburetors and keeping them sync'd and tuned.

Of all my vehicles though, I miss my trucks the most.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »

Looking at one of these...

...to make one of these...

COE hotrods are too cool for school!

Light side points please Smiley

GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 34

if I earn any, lightside points if you please

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »

oh man oh man, Rel you'd love it out here bud!  We have hole groups of trucks just waiting for a hotrodder's touch. There's even one, I wish I had a pic, that has only 50s Fords!! Cheesy  They're so sexy and there's about 50 of them in all, ranging from 1/2 tons all the way up to the big 4 tons of the era.

Now, if you want to talk about trucks  Shocked Cool

I'ma gunna git me one of these:

Grin

they're about 7 grand all told in Barstow  Cool still debating if I want a bobbed one, or a full three axle....
oh the choices of a greasemonkey! Cheesy

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »

I've had a crap load of cars,
1). '98 Dodge Neon-Piece of shell
2). '56 Buick Century with a military surplus multifuel engine, long story.
3). 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 (the one that I got rear ended in)
4). '64 Chevy apache long bed with a 350 CID that I pulled out of a junked corvette
5). '70 Monte Carlo I had it for a month, the 454 burned enough oil to lay a decent smoke screen
6). '67 Dodge Dart with a 383 CID, My favorite by far I wish I hadn't rolled her.
7). '70 Dodge Demon 340, sans 340 unfortunately the previous owner killed the 340 so in order to get it out of his garage I had to drop a 440 I had into it
Cool. '89 Ford F150 AKA fix or repair daily, it was the worst truck I ever drove
9). '86 Lincoln town car, the big ugly B***h Handled the way I imagine an aircraft carrier would
10). '71 International Harvester C1100 Travelall
11). '65 MG Midget
12). '99 Dodge Grand Caravan, Its mine but my mom drives it

they are not in chronological order.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Young Leaf
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2013, 10:01:34 PM »

This is my honda civic

Tom's EM1 & My DC2 by lee.cant, on Flickr

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2013, 03:42:11 AM »

I hate being broke... had a '36 Dodge Pickup almost end up in my lap today, body was a little rough, bed was shot, but the cab was solid.  201cid inline 6 still ran good, truck moved under it's own power... owner only wanted $1200 for it... would've cleaned out the savings and the wife would have been pissed, but man, what a cool project it could've been.

Very similar to this one in condition...

except with intact windows.

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »

my partner got to drive an audi r8 the other day...

he gets all the fun cars

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »

I hate being broke... had a '36 Dodge Pickup almost end up in my lap today, body was a little rough, bed was shot, but the cab was solid.  201cid inline 6 still ran good, truck moved under it's own power... owner only wanted $1200 for it... would've cleaned out the savings and the wife would have been pissed, but man, what a cool project it could've been.

If it was a Ford, I'd have bought it in a heart beat. Even an old Dodge like that. (Keep in mind, I generally hate Dodge with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns) I want a 1951 (or earlier) Ford F-1 pickup.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2013, 08:59:17 PM »

Very cool.  I'd have considered it too, except I also can't afford it. 

Of course, I am biding my time to find a '49 Chevy pickup too.  Just love that look.   

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »

Is it possible to find a halfway decent car for $2000? Car, truck, SUV doesn't really matter. I'll buy anything but a VW Bug(way too girly, the jokes would drive me to suicide) or a panel van(for obvious reasons, and again the jokes). XD I only expect to drive it for a couple of years.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2013, 01:10:39 AM »

So tempting, I have always kind of wanted a type two but never got around to buying one.
Hey, TJ, how about this? it may not be pretty, or have heat, or any guts to speak of, but it is a classic that is respected and easy to work on. it probably wont go for too much.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331006228036
also you could drop a Porsche engine in it and give it some guts.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 34

if I earn any, lightside points if you please

« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2013, 01:15:01 AM »

aw comeon now TJ.  Not all bugs are bad lol

there's actually quite a few of these around me.  Sad thing is though, those tires cost more than 2K nowadays... but seriously, a nice torqie little stroker, efi kit, 5spd, and a good suspension these things are a blast! Definitely not 2k but a blast nonetheless

same with these:

*frizzen, point to ya bud for coming up with the same idea as I had at the same time lol B)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2013, 01:15:32 AM »

Is it possible to find a halfway decent car for $2000? Car, truck, SUV doesn't really matter. I'll buy anything but a VW Bug(way too girly, the jokes would drive me to suicide) or a panel van(for obvious reasons, and again the jokes). XD I only expect to drive it for a couple of years.

They are out there... I bought a 1996 Ford Windstar (yes, it's a minivan) for $1800.  It had around 100,000 miles on it, now 2 years later it's at 160,000 and still runs great.  If you have doubts about anything, don't buy it unless they agree to let you have a mechanic look it over.

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2013, 02:06:30 AM »

So tempting, I have always kind of wanted a type two but never got around to buying one.
Hey, TJ, how about this? it may not be pretty, or have heat, or any guts to speak of, but it is a classic that is respected and easy to work on. it probably wont go for too much.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331006228036
also you could drop a Porsche engine in it and give it some guts.

That's great, but I need something that I can drive off the lot WITHOUT flying across country first.....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: