Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My New Guardian and my Consular together!  (Read 2817 times)
Sercath
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

I like Light-side Points.

« on: April 24, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »

Good News, everybody!

I received my second saber from Ultra Sabers this week; a Guardian hilt with Fire-orange blade, Green AV switch, Obsidian sound of course, no flash.

This saber is pretty much everything I think a saber should be; actually, they both are, however I just love the detailing on the Guardian! From the knurled screws, the machined anodized black finish to reveal that bright silver, that pommel end which is like a weapon all it's own (and makes for a great grip to unscrew the pommel too!). The machining on it pretty crisp; I may take a very fine file to a couple of edges but I don't want to alter it any more than natural handling wear will do.

I ordered it with the Fire-orange blade colour with a green AV, this is because my Cathar Jedi costume (see my other posts) is basically tiger colours too with green eyes. See what I did there?
To the naked eye orange does not initially look as bright as blue or any colour using blue as a component, that's natural, but in photos it really glows something fierce. I considered the Sentinel Yellow as an option but I am glad I stayed with orange as I think this colour will be more stark in photos, which is my primary goal with the costume etc.

As an experiment I also swapped the pommels around, and the results are also pretty cool looking. The Consular with the hefty Guardian pommel has a different feeling to it (I may also remove the silver shroud for a more ominous look). It is also balanced a little better too! The Guardian with Consular pommel becomes a bit more tip heavy, but something that beefy looking is more of a two-hander for brutal swings and sweeping movement than a lighter one-hand fencing weapon. I have a feeling the Guardian would work with a slightly longer blade as well, perfect for wielding on the back of a speeder-bike cavalry style.

While this isn't so much a review as an OhMiGoshLookitThese!!1! If people think I should review either or both I may have a go at that too (with smaller pictures maybe).

Thanks for any comments.

"No, young Padawan. We do NOT use The Force to tug the tails of our fellow students at this academy... Those who have them."

angelo07stang
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »

wow an amzing sabers I have a counsler on the way and the guardian is on my list . I just won first prize in the raffle so who knows maybbe  Iwill get a guardian.

Sercath
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

I like Light-side Points.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »

Woah congrats on the win there Smiley I missed the entry by a few days with my Guardian. I'd certainly recommend it as a single hilt. Colours are up to you, but the AV switch is perfect on it.

"No, young Padawan. We do NOT use The Force to tug the tails of our fellow students at this academy... Those who have them."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: