Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: my jedi costume- work in progress (pic heavy)  (Read 17992 times)
chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »

I had to look up what the Caretakers robe looks like...I never played TOR. That is a cool robe they wear. I would try to find something other than fabric paint for the stripes. I am not a fan of painting clothing, it never really lasts long and it looks terrible once it starts to crack and fade. I think if you got some ribbon or satin tape (like the stuff they use on the side seams of tuxedo pants), and painstakingly laid out the lines, that would look nice. Even bias tape would work, and that comes in every color of the rainbow.

Have fun and keep the ideas flowing.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 06:13:51 AM »

Yer bias tape is what I was thinking, a matt fabric would go better with the broad cloth imo
I've gotten part of the paper pattern worked out for the shoulder armor. After looking at the rear of the armor I realized I need a bit of adjustment to it, hopefully will get that done tonight Smiley
if I think of it I'll post pics as I go. Its always interesting looking at other pplz builds!
when I'm not on my phone at work I'll post images of the sanctified caretakers armor so ppl who don't play the game know what I'm talking about Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »

here it is

and modelled by a blonde female character too! how bout that- wish I was that skinny though rofl  Tongue

its the robe and the armor im more focused on recreating. not going to be so worried about getting the tunic etc exact, and id prefer to wear pants rather than  the "lower robe"- lets face it, its a skirt  Undecided im not a skirts kinda gal. I also don't think ill have the belt half inside half outside hehe

have done my cardboard mock up of one shoulder armor piece, and cut it out of foam! hopefully ill have the chance to get it together over the next few days Cheesy

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »

Twi'leks?  They seem to have a lot of dancers...

Too slim to be good belly dancers.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 03:15:27 PM »

Too slim to be good belly dancers.

true, stick skinny belly dancers don't look quite as good as belly dancers who have a bit more shape and fat if you are comparing people of equal ability- the shimmying just doesn't work as well Tongue its nice in a way though, its an activity where you don't need to be skinny and perfectly shaped to look good doing it. makes a nice change. and it can be a big confidence booster to people who usually are a bit self conscious about their size. my sister has radically more self confidence since starting belly dance (multiple reasons though)

some twileks are a bit fatter though, so you never know it might work! I cant shimmy, so I wont become a belly dancing jedi anytime soon Tongue im working on turning my sis into one....

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 02:51:04 AM »

A belly dancing twi'lek is going to be my future wife, I just know it.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 05:52:09 AM »

so im just too excited about this project to keep it to myself until its finished. progress pics! this is just the underneath bit

I started out with a starkiller tfu1 pepakura shoulder armor piece, upped the scale to get the size right, got rid of the tabs, then added to and adjusted the starkiller piece to suit what I wanted. took 4 attempts with the cardboard mock up to get it how I wanted. and im pretty pleased with my first attempt at foam armor  Cheesy
and to make it hold shape a bit better I cut and bent a wire coat hangar and glued it to the underside Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »

Very nice concept.....er...for a Jedi.  You know this would work so much better in darker colors...(Evil Grin).  There is darkness in you Jedi ..  I can feel it.  Keep us posted on your progress!  This is looking promising.

Cheers

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 12:05:58 AM »

Thanks! Its only a base piece- and I haven't painted it yet Tongue hoping to have all this done in time for supernova Perth (its still a month away)

and don't worry, there's a sith costume in the works for halloween Wink can't be good and light all the time

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 05:03:47 AM »

its just broadcloth no fancy material here. sigh its hard to find good material in west aus. itll still do the job though, and it was dirt cheap on sale. cant find silk noil anywhere which is what I want for my tunic, so im gonna have to see if I can get it online in aus  Undecided

Dharma Trading sells silk noil and lots of fabulous fabric - in white/natural or black.  Their handwoven fabrics (look in the specialty fabric section) They also sell dyes and other fiber arts stuff.  http://www.dharmatrading.com/

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »

thanks jabari! ill have to look into it, be interesting to see how customs here do with it since its a natural fibre material coming in. and freight may be a bit exxy. but def worth looking into! point for you!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 02:30:11 AM »

So not a lot happened on the armor over the weekend, my mum and sister were visiting. I did start trialing the spray paint I wanted to use on some scrap foam. And I've worked out the pattern for my robe- not easy, trying to make it a bit more fitted round the bust and waist and lets face it robe patterns aren't exactly tight fitting Tongue but I've got something sorted out, now I just have to cut it out and see if it works! Had to work out the patterning onto the pattern pieces as well, so I know what sizes and lengths I need for all the stripes- will be interesting!

on a plus side, I will get my belly dancing Jedi! *dances around excitedly*. Since my mum and sis were up for a belly dance bazaar and my sister was busily buying swords and costume pieces, talk turned to a light saber dance, and they asked if I wanted her to have an appropriate costume Cheesy now I get to design a Jedi belly dance costume yey! Only question is: Jedi, or sith/ dark Jedi? My sister has a preference for Goth belly dance which is a bit darker and she likes her black clothing, but she's flexible, she does a lot of styles. Ideas anyone?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 05:33:25 AM »

Corellian Jedi.  Black and green.  Cheesy

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 07:11:35 AM »

soo ive been slack, havnt done much on the shoulder armor until last night.

heres one piece complete before painting (the other side is almost done)

jared took a pic of me wearing it, but im having a lounge around home in my pjs day so im not posting that. and I look a bit sithy coz red eye reduction wasn't on Tongue

ive also made the basic robe, now just adding all the stripes etc. haven't got pictures of that yet

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »

so not really a progress report since the robe is finished... but some progress photos (I was just too slack to put them up)

robe with the cream coloured bottom section added

one of the stripe sections that I painstakingly sewed (the dark brown narrow stripes are bias binding, but the wide light section the narrow stripes are sewn to are strips of material of measured cut and ironed to size)

laying the stripes out (thankfully I JUST had enough length in the wide stripe sections to do the robe!)

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: