Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: my jedi costume- work in progress (pic heavy)  (Read 17978 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »

and the finished robe can be found here!!!

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=14701.0

im pleased with the results, and thought it deserved its own thread Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »

so new pictures of this costume!
we went to a medieval festival on the weekend and for S&G I went dressed as a jedi (but in very fashionable sneakers, I opted for the more comfy shoes rather than my cheap boots, and I cheated and wore normal cargo pants), my partner jobe_devian went dressed as... well, he wasn't feeling as inventive, he went in his leather jacket, jeans and to hide that a bit and get in the spirit he chucked my big black cloak on over the top Tongue and then decided to add his saber to the costume lol. in his defense, his sith costume is currently in the planning stage.
only one person realised/ pointed out that we were jedi/ sith, most the time the sabers were pushed back and hidden under the cloaks.
Because it was forecast to be wet, we wore two of my big lined cloaks as opposed to our robes- the robes are thin cotton, the cloaks are big and lined and are far more water resistant. good thing we did, because it was very wet- none of the photos really get it across, but there was mud and puddles everywhere. the cloaks and costumes were soaked and filthy around the bottom by the end, my black shoes were brown, I hid under an umbrella once the rain got heavy so my cloak didn't get quite as wet as my partners (we had three umbrellas between 4 people, poor planning I know), I mostly stayed quite dry for which I was thankful since I had the saber! my sister was also meant to perform at the festival, but her performance was later in the day, and it was cancelled due to the rain and the fact a lot of people were packing up early. disappointing, but at least she didn't have to dance in the cold and wet weather.
anyway enough babbling, on to photos!

Me in costume, apparently I had to wear a silly look on my face  Roll Eyes

Darth Jobe the hunchback (he had his backpack under the robe, but it made for an amusing costume really lol)

and for some fun...

also, I discovered I have too many costume cloaks/ robes- three cloaks, three robes incl my TOR robe
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:51:56 PM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 05:41:44 AM »

I love the cloak!! I love cloaks in general. I wish they would come back into fashion...I would wear one every day.  Grin

The costume has a nice earthy, in tune with nature, look to it. Very suited to a Jedi and to yourself.

A tip for boots...I know costune boots are kind of for looks only, so I don't blame you for not wearing them. I have found that pull on work boots, like the one's welders usually wear, work pretty good for Jedi boots and are reasonablly comfortable as long as you are just walking around (not running around). Most places that sell work boots would have then. I like these kind of boots because I never feel bad getting them dirty, they are made for that. You can usually waterproof the a little with mink oil or something. Just something to consider.

Looks like it was a fun event. 

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 06:03:18 AM »

Looks awesome with the cloak. Nicely done.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 06:07:23 AM »

thankyou Smiley there's just something about cloaks eh? If I've been wearing one then im kinda loathe to take it off (unless its stinking hot, or the cloak is drenched). my sister loves cloaks as well, she recently came up with a cloak dance (which she choreographed for the festival and was meant to perform, so shes annoyed she didn't get the chance) and she has a cloak she often tucks up in when at home and shes cold Tongue im sure my mum could just about make cloaks in her sleep now, we've got so many in the family and she's pretty much made them all! at family dress up parties if people come in the door in normal clothes they usually get a cloak thrown at them- gotta get in the spirit at least a little Tongue
yer the boots I like to wear with the costume are just cheapies and figuring it'd be muddy I didn't want to get them damaged, plus my joggers are more comfy Smiley that and with my ankle still injured and walking around uneven ground I prefer to wear a good set of supportive footwear.
the only work boots I have atm are big laceup steel caps, so I didn't think they'd go with it Tongue boots are one of those things I'm probably looking into next, will have to go have a look around, see what I like, and see what I want to spend. id really like to get a good pair of boots that are comfy and will last. that and I'd like to get a nice belt, my partners dad knows how to do leatherwork and has a heap of tools, so when we've got the chance we are gonna get him to show us Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 07:24:49 AM »

A nice belt and some pouches would be the icing on the cake for the costume. I am sure you will make something great. Belts are about the easist thing the make in leatherwork. And a good, home made and hand dyed belt always looks great. Tandy Leather sells two belt buckles that are just about perfect for OT Star Wars belts.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/department/buckles/11687-00.aspx
http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/department/buckles/11688-00.aspx

Work boots, even cheaper ones, I would bet will always out last "costume" boots, that is why I prefer them. Also motorcycle boots work well, too. A few places online that I like to look at are Boot Barn.com and Sportsmans Guide.com. Fortunately for you, tall boots seem to be in for women. I am always jealous when I go shopping with my wife and see all of the cool boots out there. I walk through the women's shoe department and say, "Wow, these would be great Jedi boots, I wish they were in my size." Cheesy

Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:16 AM »

Fortunately for you, tall boots seem to be in for women. I am always jealous when I go shopping with my wife and see all of the cool boots out there. I walk through the women's shoe department and say, "Wow, these would be great Jedi boots, I wish they were in my size." Cheesy

Story of my life man.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »

A nice belt and some pouches would be the icing on the cake for the costume. I am sure you will make something great. Belts are about the easist thing the make in leatherwork. And a good, home made and hand dyed belt always looks great. Tandy Leather sells two belt buckles that are just about perfect for OT Star Wars belts.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/department/buckles/11687-00.aspx
http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/department/buckles/11688-00.aspx

Work boots, even cheaper ones, I would bet will always out last "costume" boots, that is why I prefer them. Also motorcycle boots work well, too. A few places online that I like to look at are Boot Barn.com and Sportsmans Guide.com. Fortunately for you, tall boots seem to be in for women. I am always jealous when I go shopping with my wife and see all of the cool boots out there. I walk through the women's shoe department and say, "Wow, these would be great Jedi boots, I wish they were in my size." Cheesy

Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

unfortunately for me I have big calves... Most womens boots tend to be designed with skinny women in mind, which I am not Roll Eyes I would absolute ADORE some knee high boots... But they are often quite pricey to get ones to fit

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 03:40:08 PM »

You both look fantastic, BA!! That Consular is a gem on the covertec as well.  Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2013, 03:28:59 PM »

unfortunately for me I have big calves... Most womens boots tend to be designed with skinny women in mind, which I am not Roll Eyes I would absolute ADORE some knee high boots... But they are often quite pricey to get ones to fit

I also have large calves, but fortunately wear a common shoe size - all of my tall boots came from thrift stores and TJ Maxx.  It may take a LOT of searching, but I've found at least 5 pairs that fit for $10-50.  One pair is even real leather.  Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2013, 05:10:47 PM »

It's nice. But the black sneakers do ruin the illusion a bit.... And you look different than I pictured you in my head...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 02:42:31 AM »

It's nice. But the black sneakers do ruin the illusion a bit.... And you look different than I pictured you in my head...

yer the sneakers ruined it last time I wore this costume too, but then it was coz I forgot my boots  Roll Eyes

haha, dunno if looking different is good or not..  But coz you always seem to have a pic of the janitor from scrubs that's the only way I can picture you haha!!  Cheesy

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Liselyn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 03:45:30 AM »

Slightly off topic, but yaaay another Perthite! I assume the medieval festival you went to was Balingup? Cheesy

Also that robe is very very cool - nice work! I am just starting to learn the very basics of sewing. I hope one day I can make something as nifty as that!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 04:36:13 AM »

Slightly off topic, but yaaay another Perthite! I assume the medieval festival you went to was Balingup? Cheesy

Also that robe is very very cool - nice work! I am just starting to learn the very basics of sewing. I hope one day I can make something as nifty as that!

wohoo! we aren't alone here anymore! *does a little dance* north or south of the river?
yes the Balingup Medieval Festival, one year id love to go there both days and see the burning of the dragon eh, itd be so cool! Cheesy

thanks for the compliment. everything starts at the basics, my mum showed me the basics of sewing but I stubbornly figure out how to do other stuff... then mum corrects my techniques making things much easier lol!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Liselyn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 08:36:46 AM »

I'm a SOR girl though I work in the city Wink

Would you believe I actually lived in Balingup when I was very small and then grew up less than 10km away and never heard of the festival until this year? I don't know if it's relatively new or if I just didn't pay enough attention haha. Didn't manage to go this yeah, already had plans but next year, totally going for the full event!

Hey no worries, it really does look great! Stubbornness appears to be one of the key ingredients in sewing and I have that in abundance Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: