Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: my jedi costume- work in progress (pic heavy)  (Read 17864 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »

I'm a SOR girl though I work in the city Wink

Would you believe I actually lived in Balingup when I was very small and then grew up less than 10km away and never heard of the festival until this year? I don't know if it's relatively new or if I just didn't pay enough attention haha. Didn't manage to go this yeah, already had plans but next year, totally going for the full event!

Hey no worries, it really does look great! Stubbornness appears to be one of the key ingredients in sewing and I have that in abundance Wink

dunno how long its been running, but its been around a while at least
me and my partner (Jobe Devian on here) are also SOR- and guess what, I grew up in Boyanup, he grew up in Bunbury Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2017, 03:56:45 PM »

so new pictures of this costume!
we went to a medieval festival on the weekend and for S&G I went dressed as a jedi (but in very fashionable sneakers, I opted for the more comfy shoes rather than my cheap boots, and I cheated and wore normal cargo pants), my partner jobe_devian went dressed as... well, he wasn't feeling as inventive, he went in his leather jacket, jeans and to hide that a bit and get in the spirit he chucked my big black cloak on over the top Tongue and then decided to add his saber to the costume lol. in his defense, his sith costume is currently in the planning stage.
only one person realised/ pointed out that we were jedi/ sith, most the time the sabers were pushed back and hidden under the cloaks.
Because it was forecast to be wet, we wore two of my big lined cloaks as opposed to our robes- the robes are thin cotton, the cloaks are big and lined and are far more water resistant. good thing we did, because it was very wet- none of the photos really get it across, but there was mud and puddles everywhere. the cloaks and costumes were soaked and filthy around the bottom by the end, my black shoes were brown, I hid under an umbrella once the rain got heavy so my cloak didn't get quite as wet as my partners (we had three umbrellas between 4 people, poor planning I know), I mostly stayed quite dry for which I was thankful since I had the saber! my sister was also meant to perform at the festival, but her performance was later in the day, and it was cancelled due to the rain and the fact a lot of people were packing up early. disappointing, but at least she didn't have to dance in the cold and wet weather.
anyway enough babbling, on to photos!

Me in costume, apparently I had to wear a silly look on my face  Roll Eyes

Darth Jobe the hunchback (he had his backpack under the robe, but it made for an amusing costume really lol)

and for some fun...

also, I discovered I have too many costume cloaks/ robes- three cloaks, three robes incl my TOR robe

Angel, I really like seeing the progression w/ your costume.  It's an inspiration, especially when I'm just beginning  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: