Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Addiction  (Read 4378 times)
Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« on: April 30, 2013, 05:50:33 AM »

I have a confession to make...

I am addicted to Ultrasabers.

I'm not exactly sure how it started, but all I can think about now are Ultrasabers.  I mean, I just bought my Bane about a month ago to this day and I'm already craving another one like a Bellicose, Archon, or Yari extension.

I'm seriously looking for a job this summer, but not out of necessity such as buying food and, you know, living, or having nothing else to do in general, but mostly with the intention to buy more Ultrasabers.

Heck, I spend almost as much time on the saberforums as I do on facebook.  In fact, I almost prefer the saberforums to facebook.

I've even begun to sell things on craigslist just to make money to fulfill my desires.

I... I'm scared.  Grin Is this okay?

Does anyone else have any other experiences on this?  Is this normal?  Am I merely going through withdrawals?
I need to know if everything will be okay?  Grin

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:07:02 AM »

It will be ok. I am addicted too. It wont end until my collection is complete. Which is 9 more sabers with sound....

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:26:07 AM »

Welcome aboard! The ride never ends Wink

Oh, and there was once a thread for this very topic: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2554.msg31407#msg31407

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:35:13 AM »

Is it bad that I still have only one saber? I used to have two, if that helps Cheesy

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:32:24 AM »

And I'm not. Ha ha. I'm perfectly happy fiddling with just one saber.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 11:58:56 AM »

Two seems to be the tipping point. With one I was happy - I wanted another, but I could wait to save up my money until the time was right. Then suddenly I had money, and the raffle was on and, well...

One quickly became four, and I'm already making plans for five through eight Cheesy I'm happy if US hold off releasing new 'sabres for a while to give me a chance to catch up.

Edit: I think the customisation factor comes into it as well. The colours, the accessories, the ability to tweak almost any hilt to get just what you want. It's all very compelling. Just look at Saint, and Dark Mal, and pretty much anyone with a few MHS 'sabres they can mix and match. And as much as I love the stock designs, I do want a pike 'sabre at some point...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:07:28 PM by James Casey » Logged

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »

Hi, my name is Frizzen, and I haven't bought a saber in almost two months.
*Cue clapping and congratulations from other members of Saberholics Anonymous*

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »

I find the addiction stays just about as bad as the OP describes until you hit around 12 to 15 sabers. Then you start to realize you can't juggle that many at once....

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »

That's when you open up your own Jedi academy and start training younglings.  Tongue

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 11:53:01 AM »

Our local community hall is a short distance from our house. I've thought about starting a class so I'd have someone to duel with.

Okay, I'd have to get insurance, and learn to duel well enough I could teach. and all other sorts of things so it'll never happen... But I think that just having put that much thought into it may be a bad sign  Cheesy

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 12:31:36 PM »

its not an addiction... if your life is not being hindered.. as for selling off other things in order to get the next hilt you want... think of it more as.. sprng cleaning... lol

and just one saber??... what if a friend gets into the idea... why not have a stunt around for them to use and become... >.>... ok you got me.. its an addiction... but i feel its more a hobby... cause, isint a hobby a form of addiction too???

lol!!  i have a total of about 4 sabers now, 2 initiate v2 stunts both adegen silver.. an initiate v3 w/sound and SRD led, and the current parts i am working on for my own personal custom built saber made from all ultrasaber parts.... there is indeed be some modifications, and detailed work included into these US parts, but none the less, im a fan, and prefer to only buy from US.. however this is a personal note for myself, others are more then welcome t make their hilts out of anything.. i just dont have the machines or tool to do so myself, lol, wish i had a factory to make ultrasabers lol, would be awesome!  **cracks whip** BACK TO WORK YOU LITTLE FUR BALLS!!  **ewok make the best detail workers.. they listen and do good work, i feed them and house them well... **

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -101

Following The Path of Grey

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »

I have a confession to make...

I am addicted to Ultrasabers.

I'm not exactly sure how it started, but all I can think about now are Ultrasabers.  I mean, I just bought my Bane about a month ago to this day and I'm already craving another one like a Bellicose, Archon, or Yari extension.

I'm seriously looking for a job this summer, but not out of necessity such as buying food and, you know, living, or having nothing else to do in general, but mostly with the intention to buy more Ultrasabers.

Heck, I spend almost as much time on the saberforums as I do on facebook.  In fact, I almost prefer the saberforums to facebook.

I've even begun to sell things on craigslist just to make money to fulfill my desires.

I... I'm scared.  Grin Is this okay?

Does anyone else have any other experiences on this?  Is this normal?  Am I merely going through withdrawals?
I need to know if everything will be okay?  Grin

I am right there with you, I am addict like you. I brought mine back in October this year, and I want to have more I crave to have every Saber Every Design, Every Style, Every Blade Color, Every Blade Length, Every Blade Style

OWNED:
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Silver
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Guardian Blue
Aeon LE v4 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Black x2
Aeon LE v3 Guardian Blue x2/w quick release coupler
Manticore w Emerald Sound & Light
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:
Dark Initiate v2 Blazing Red
The Dominix v2 Blazing Red
Aeon LE v3 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Silver x2
Brood Guard Blazing Red x2
Phantasm LE v2 Guardian Blue
Sentinel LE v5 Guardian Blue

Darth Ominous
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -13

Dark side points please, and thank you.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »

I am right there with you, I am addict like you. I brought mine back in October this year, and I want to have more I crave to have every Saber Every Design, Every Style, Every Blade Color, Every Blade Length, Every Blade Style
I think I'm in the same boat myself. It's funny how ordering one saber out of curiosity has now become a collection of 7 sabers lol

Sabers so far:
Aeon LE V3 (stunt) green
Aeon LE V4 (stunt) blue
Dark Liberator (stunt) red
Phantom V4 saber staff (stunt) red
Black Scorpion x2 saber staff w/ v4 sound orange w/ red foc
Azure Menace w/ v3 sound blue
Kyberlight V1 multi color

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 03:47:54 AM »

I am... uncertain, just how many sabers I own.

My signature line tally is out of date; truthfully, it is out of room to fit the text to add more sabers, even.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 01:29:16 AM »

I am... uncertain, just how many sabers I own.

My signature line tally is out of date; truthfully, it is out of room to fit the text to add more sabers, even.

So, having reviewed the list and having done some thinking, I now know how many I have:

14 "single blade" sabers, and 3 "double blade" sabers (staves), plus one "single blade" saber that I am awaiting shipment of.

I also have started accumulating parts for my next round of DIY builds.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: