Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Iron Man 3′ Magazine Cover; Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch Confirmed for ‘Avengers  (Read 4490 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: May 02, 2013, 05:16:46 PM »

[WARNING: 'Iron Man 3' Spoilers Below!]

Marvel Phase 2 and 3 news and rumors seem to be popping up with ever-increasing frequency these days, probably because Iron Man 3 is just a day away from domestic release. For example, Guardians of the Galaxy might take place in an alternate future; Thanos might be the villain in The Avengers 3; and Chadwick Boseman (42) might be up for the role of Black Panther.

And that’s not all. Last week, director Joss Whedon was quoted as saying a brother/sister duo would be appearing in The Avengers 2. Now, a report seems to confirm that the “brother/sister duo” will be none other than Magneto’s mutant offspring, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, A.K.A. Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.
But first, Entertainment Weekly has a cover story about Shane Black’s Iron Man 3, with a new image featuring Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) and an interview with the cast, the crew, and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige.

(I am only including the link to the picture, as it could be considered a spoiler.)
http://cdn1.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Iron-Man-3-Entertainment-Weekly-Cover-570x760.jpg

“It’s sort of the comic book version of a Cinderella story. She starts timid and sort of cleaning up after Tony, and then she evolves into full strength and a superhero.”

The only thing missing is a scene where Pepper Potts leaves behind a slipper rocket boot at the ball and Prince Charming Tony Stark has to return it to her.

The article goes on to refer to Tony’s less than pristine condition by the end of Iron Man 3 and what it means for The Avengers 2 (or the much less certain Iron Man 4). According to Robert Downey Jr.:

“[I asked Kevin Feige], ‘What does this mean if we wind up doing an “Avengers 2″ ?’ Kevin looked at me and said, ‘That’s Joss’ problem to solve.’ I was like, ‘Good man.’ ”

Indeed, there’s been a lot of talk around the Internet about Iron Man 3 and how it’s the least stringent – in terms of adherence to comic book continuity – of all the Marvel films. It seems that Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios have finally begun to loosen the reins and let filmmakers like Shane Black take control in a way that previous directors (Jon Favreau, Kenneth Branagh) perhaps could not.

Said Black on the ending of Iron Man 3:

“I thought we needed to do something in the third movie to make it feel like a game changer.”

Game changer or not, if the reviews are right, Iron Man 3 is one of the best Marvel movies to be released so far.

———

Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch Confirmed for ‘The Avengers 2′

As for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? Well, here’s what Entertainment Weekly had to say about their inclusion in The Avengers 2:

Some online rumors turn out to be true, however. A source confirms to EW that the twin characters Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be joining ‘The Avengers 2,’ which Whedon hinted at recently when he said he was writing a brother-sister duo into the movie.

Alas, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige was tight-lipped on the topic, saying:

“I’m not confirming or denying. The draft could change six months from now.”

While that’s clearly a non-denial denial, the latter part of his statement is worth keeping in mind. Sure, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are almost definitely in whatever version of The Avengers 2 script currently exists. That said, The Wasp was originally in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers script before the filmmakers decided to reserve her character for the upcoming Ant-Man film instead.

Now, for those who aren’t particularly familiar with Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, they’re the (sometimes villainous, sometimes not) mutant offspring of Magneto. Yes, that Magneto – the X-Men’s greatest villain who has thrice been portrayed by Ian McKellen (who will once again portray the character in X-Men: Days of Future Past).

You might be wondering: But how can Marvel use these characters if they’re a part of the X-Men corner of the Marvel Universe, the movie rights to which are owned by Fox? Well, Kevin Feige actually revealed last year (around the release of the The Avengers) that the characters could be used simultaneously by Fox and Marvel Studios, as they qualify as both “X-Men” and “Avengers” characters.

Of course, their presence in the Marvel Movie Universe raises all sorts of questions. First of all, does this mean that Lauren Shuler Donner has gotten her wish and Marvel Studios is considering combining forces with Fox for an eventual mutant/superhero crossover?

After all, Marvel was considering inserting Oscorp Tower – i.e., the tower owned by Norman Osborn, A.K.A. the Green Goblin, A.K.A. Spider-Man’s numero uno arch-nemesis – into the first Avengers film, so a semi-crossover here isn’t entirely outside the realm of possibility.

Then there’s option number two – there is no crossover, and Marvel’s just doing its own thing.

That, of course, raises another question: Will Quicksilver – whose mutant ability provides him with super speed – and Scarlet Witch – whose mutant ability provides her with hex magic and reality-altering powers – actually be “mutants” in the film? Or will they be “regular” superhumans (or even just be S.H.I.E.L.D. agents)?

It’ll probably be a while before we get even an inkling as to the nature of these things, as the The Avengers 2 release date is still two years away. Still, it’s fun to speculate.

What are your thoughts, Screen Ranters? Are you happy to hear that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch might be featured in The Avengers sequel? Do you want them to be mutants in the film, or does that just needlessly complicate things? Let us know in the comments.

Iron Man 3 hits theaters May 3rd, 2013, Thor: The Dark World on November 8th, 2013, Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4th, 2014, Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1st, 2014, The Avengers 2 on May 1st, 2015, Ant-Man on November 6th, 2015, and Doctor Strange sometime after that.

Source: http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-scarlet-witch-quicksilver-iron-man-3-cover/all/1/

———

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:39:07 PM »

Oh good... maybe now we can get Coulson back. After all, Scarlet Witch does play the cello...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »

Personally, I HATE Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Never did like 'em. Of all the interesting people, why them? (Rhetorical question of course).

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 07:25:36 PM »

Hmm the incestuous mutant offspring of Magneto are possibly joining the Avengers? But as heroes, or villains I wonder?

(Yes I am aware of what unholy thing those two did in Ultimatum! I don't care who you are, that's effed up man!)

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 07:47:39 PM »

I've a feeling that they'll avoid THAT particular storyline. The movie verse seems to be a mash up of the regular continuity and the Ultimate continuity.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 03:36:02 AM »

I know but it still happened, you can't look away from something like that. Back to the subject I am quite interested in what is to come for the next Avengers movie! AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 03:56:08 AM »

Hmm the incestuous mutant offspring of Magneto are possibly joining the Avengers? But as heroes, or villains I wonder?

(Yes I am aware of what unholy thing those two did in Ultimatum! I don't care who you are, that's effed up man!)

Prior to that bizarre one shot there is no other incestuous relationship issues...just one whack writer in the Ultimates line...which if you are asking, the Ultimates goes a long way to dumb down and effectively water down classic characters...and in this case make you scratch your head.

Build a thousand bridges, if one falls then you are a failure.

Why Scarlet Witch? Because she is one of the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe...she has unique powers...and is almost always shown as eye candy.

Why Quicksilver?  Because he is the snarky version of the Flash...he has the luck of being a guy that stuff happens to...he complains...deals with it...fast...willing to trade punches...quick with an insult.

Certainly the pair has Avengers history and a significant fan base.

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 03:52:39 PM »

Why Quicksilver?  Because he is the snarky version of the Flash...he has the luck of being a guy that stuff happens to...he complains...deals with it...fast...willing to trade punches...quick with an insult.

Not sure I like that about him.  Sounds too much like someone who'd be groomed to replace Tony Stark. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 04:11:19 PM »

Not sure I like that about him.  Sounds too much like someone who'd be groomed to replace Tony Stark. 

You could say the same about Doctor Strange.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »

You could say the same about Doctor Strange.

True enough.  Guess I just don't want to see Stark go away.  He's my favorite by far.  We will see. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 05:35:01 AM »

Not witty and full of quips.

When I say snarky I mean he acts like a whole ass most of the time.

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 12:05:42 AM »

Not witty and full of quips.

When I say snarky I mean he acts like a whole ass most of the time.

Smiley

Best way to describe him is this:

"All of Tony Stark's ability to be a jerkass... None of Tony Stark's endearing charm."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: