Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: No religion, no politics.  (Read 76682 times)
Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2018, 06:31:36 AM »

New guy here. I'm still cruising around the forum reading and reading. It's vast! I haven't seen any rules so far regarding threadromancy but I'm coming across old stuff and wondering to post or not to post. Seen as this is pinned I'm gonna go for it...

In 2001 in the UK there was a census. The laws regarding census information is that if there are 10,000 people or more claiming to be of the same religion then it will legally be recognised by the state as a religion. 390,000 people declared their religion to be Jedi making it the 4th largest religion in Great Britain.

After the census data had been collected and processed the Office of National Statistics (a government body) later released the figure stating "390,000 Jedi there are."

HAHA!!! That is epic! I'm moving to the U.K.
Cheers mate.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2018, 02:42:13 PM »

I'll go too.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2018, 02:41:21 AM »

No realigion? Meh. No politics though? That's rough!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2018, 04:00:34 AM »

No realigion? Meh. No politics though? That's rough!

If you don't like the rules, then leave and you don't have to follow them. Problem solved.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2018, 04:12:33 AM »

If you don't like the rules, then leave and you don't have to follow them. Problem solved.

Whoa! I never said I don't like the rules, I was just expressing that I like talking politics. I was just explaining that to Jev Moldara that I get the rules as he explained them and that I won't be talking politics here. I don't think there is any need for you to tell me to leave on my first day here.
I haven't said a single thing political, and due to understanding the rules better I won't be. I was confused about talking about laws being political.
Jev Moldara made it much clearer, and now I know. So lets be friends yeah?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2018, 04:25:56 AM »

Whoa! I never said I don't like the rules, I was just expressing that I like talking politics. I was just explaining that to Jev Moldara that I get the rules as he explained them and that I won't be talking politics here. I don't think there is any need for you to tell me to leave on my first day here.
I haven't said a single thing political, and due to understanding the rules better I won't be. I was confused about talking about laws being political.
Jev Moldara made it much clearer, and now I know. So lets be friends yeah?

I'd love to have you here, as long as your going to be good. Wink

That's just my typical reaction when someone has a comment about a specific rule.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2018, 04:30:29 AM »

I'd love to have you here, as long as your going to be good. Wink

That's just my typical reaction when someone has a comment about a specific rule.

Right on. Smiley You get passionate obviously, so do I. Just making sure you know I was just trying to figure out how things work here, not complaining in the slightest. It's not my forum to complain about.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2018, 03:33:19 AM »

HAHA!!! That is epic! I'm moving to the U.K.
Cheers mate.

I must somehow get the wife to agree to move to the U.K. now....

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »

So maybe we should make an exception for religions and politics that exist in the Star Wars Universe?
Absolutely; "in-universe" politics, lore and religion should be safe and fun.

I completely agree with this rule Ultra. While I have defined views in both categories and believe in their importance, neither represent the purpose of this community, which I have found to be superb in the short time I've been here. I'm sure we all have plenty of opportunities to debate politics and religion outside of this platform.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »

I must somehow get the wife to agree to move to the U.K. now....
Agreed, let's go!  Smiley

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2018, 04:01:01 PM »

Hi.  As you over time will find... I watch these topics of conversation closely and Mods will take appropriate Rules actions.  Wink

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »

Hi.  As you over time will find... I watch these topics of conversation closely and Mods will take appropriate Rules actions.  Wink

Hopefully, we didn't do anything wrong?

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2019, 10:06:29 AM »

I just wanted to say that I greatly appreciate everyone following this rule. We are all constantly bombarded with divisive politics in our daily lives. It is nice to have a respite where we can just come together and share our love of this hobby.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 02:43:06 PM »

I just wanted to say that I greatly appreciate everyone following this rule. We are all constantly bombarded with divisive politics in our daily lives. It is nice to have a respite where we can just come together and share our love of this hobby.
Absolutely. It’s a rarity anymore these days and it is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2020, 06:13:17 PM »

The ban on Politics and Religion pertains to those found in this galaxy only, not the ones found a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Just trying to clear up some apparent confusion.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: