Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Identify board  (Read 1049 times)
Howler81
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 08, 2013, 12:40:07 AM »

Hi! I have just bought a secondhand ultrasaber that has an obsidian soundboard, but the seller does not know whether it is a v2 or v3 board. I understand using the wrong launcher can be dangerous. How do I go about identifying the board to avoid trouble?

My feeling is use the v3 launcher and if it doesn't work at all then use v2. Would attempting to use the v3 launcher with the wrong board hurt it like using the v2 launcher would hurt a v3 board?

Thanks for any help.

Howler81

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:45:11 AM »

Good question!  Glad you came here first, it's always better to ask than to risk damaging the electronics.

Is there any way you can obtain the date of the seller's original purchase?  If he/she can give you that, you may be able to narrow down the type of board.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 12:57:52 AM »

If you try the new V3 launcher and it is an older board it will tell you to use the V2 launcher, so dont worry.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Howler81
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:54:48 AM »

Not sure on the date, but if the v3 launcher just tells m downgrade and doesn't hurt anything, that's what I'll do. Thanks for the replies!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: