Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Novel! (no working title) Chapter 2  (Read 876 times)
MyIDWasTaken
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

Light Side Points please

« on: May 09, 2013, 11:00:42 AM »

Chapter 2 of my story.

Again, please let me know if you like it and feel free to provide some constructive criticism. Enjoy!

Dramatis Personae (in order of appearance)
Gav Hansol - Jedi Padawan (human male)
Lenna Coral - Jedi Knight (human female)
Jeran Sol - Jedi Knight (human male)
Ulric Foss - Jedi Knight (human male)
Edea Kymeri - Jedi Padawan (human female)
Irman Zadane - Jedi Padawan (human male)

Chapter 2:

Gav was trying hard not to let his excitement creep out into the Force. He was on another mission with his master, this one not given by the council! As his master, Lenna, walked ahead of him, Gav took a moment to take in his surroundings.
There wasn't much to look at. The room he was currently in was in about the same state as the rest of the ship he had seen. The black durasteel showed signs of corrosion, and wires and sparks were everywhere. The few glow panels there were gave of a dim glow, which did nothing to improve the visibility, which was limited to the faint blue glow of a nearby star. As Lenna turned around to remind Gav once again not to fall behind, the ship groaned again, a sound that made both of their guts wrench and hearts race.
"This place is kinda creepy," whispered Gav. "It reminds me of some cheap holo horror."
Lenna shook her head in agreement. "It certainly isn't the most fun ship in the world to be on". She looked ahead to the end of the corridor. "There's where we need to go".
As the Jedi proceeded down the corridor, Gav couldn't help but notice that one of the panels he passed by seemed to be moving slightly. He rubbed his eyes. "This terrible light is playing tricks on me!" he thought to himself.
A large durasteel door blocked their progress. Lenna sighed and unhooked her lightsaber from her belt.
"Stand back and be a look out for a sec." she said with an exasperated sigh as she bathed the corridor in the brilliant green light of her blade.
As Gav let his master cut a hole in the door, he started to wonder how his friends were doing. He reached out to them in the Force; though he wasn't good  at detecting presences in general, he had such a close bond with those two that he could sense how they were doing lightyears away. As he started to reach out, a resounding bang came from behind him.
"Door's open," declared Lenna. "Want to go first?"
Gav looked into the pitch black room beyond nervously. "Uhh...." Was all he managed to get out before his master laughed.
"Maybe next time," she teased, before tossing a glow rod into the room, bathing it in soft yellow light. "Lets see what's in here, shall we?"
Gav snorted and started to look around. The room was perhaps twelve meters by eight meters, and was in incredibly good shape compared to the rest of the ship. The room had no unusual features aside from the polished durasteel crates on the other side.
Lenna immediately scowled at the crates in suspicion. "How can something be in that good of shape on this ship?"
"Maybe this room didn't get hit by whatever was going on?" supplied Gav.
"I don't know, something doesn't feel right here Gav. Be on alert for anything that seems off."
"Yes Master, of course".
Lenna, satisfied that her Padawan wasn't going to be taken by surprise, walked over to the crates and, detecting no traps in the Force, opened the topmost one. What she saw inside sent chills down her spine.
"Gav, we need to leave. Right now."
Gav looked at her with a puzzled expression. "Why Master?"
She waved him over. "Come look at these"
Gav walked across the room and peered into the crate. He looked up at his master with a curious look on his face. "These look like some sort of old-fashioned rockets, what are these?"
"These are nuclear missiles. They vaporize anything within their blast radius, and leave lethal radiation for centuries. They've been banned in the Republic since its creation, so these are very uncommon."
"Well then shouldn't we be getting out of here?"
"That might be a good idea, I'll seal this box up, you contact the others Gav."
Gav pulled out his com link as he responded. "Gotcha."  He checked to make sure it was on the frequency being used by the Jedi. "Master Sol, Master Foss, are either of you there?" Static. Scowling at his com, Gav switched to the personal frequency used by him, Edea, and Irman. "Edea, Irman, can either of you hear me?" When neither of them responded, he looked at his master, who had a disturbed look upon her face.
"You couldn't contact either of them?" she asked with concern.
Gav shook his head. "I tried the designated frequency and my personal frequency just to be safe, and nothing is getting through. Just static."
"We should meet back at the rendezvous, the others should be waiting by now."
Gav nodded his head eagerly. This ship was making him feel uneasy. It now felt like he was being watched. He told himself he was just nervous, so he quickly used a Jedi breathing technique to calm down before following his master back out of the room and through the corridors.
As they passed by the spot Gav thought was moving earlier, it seemed perfectly still. "See Gav, the ship is just playing tricks on you, everything is fine," he thought to himself.
As they made their way back to the airlock, Gav traced his way back using his mental map. When he guessed they were no more than thirty meters away, he began to jog forward towards the last turn, only to hear a familiar sound. He then noticed that green light was flashing from down the corridor. He poked his head out to a shocking scene.
In front of him in the room with the airlock, four figures wielding lightsabers stood, batting back the green blaster bolts of perhaps twelve armored figures, and more kept appearing from nowhere every second.
Lenna was behind him surveying the scene. "Cloaking fields" she explained. "They hide the user in plain sight, and the only way to tell if someone's there is by the tiny ripples the field causes, which makes whatever object behind them appear to move slightly."
Before Lenna could continue, the one of the lightsaber-wielding figures stepped forward to engage one of the armored strangers. From his golden blade and his brown hair, it was easy to tell this was Jeran. In half as many seconds he had cut down three of his attackers. When one of the figures drew a sword and saluted him, Jeran grinned. This guy thought he was going to duel a Jedi and win, with a metal sword? With a confident swagger, Jeran stepped toward his opponent. The remaining strangers had adjusted their blasterfire away from Jeran, although the remaining Jedi had no trouble deflecting it back at their attackers. Apparently these guys knew not to interfere.
Jeran stopped for a second to look at his opponent. He was a smaller man, shorter than him by more than a heads height. He was wearing a matte black armor that looked incredibly old and incredibly effective, and his aura told Jeran that he was a fighter, and a good one at that. Smiling Jeran began a spinning sweep designed to end the duel with one blow. Instead of the enemies neck however, Jeran's blade connected with his opponents sword. Stunned, Jeran looked at his opponent with a look both confused and annoyed.
The next thing Jeran knew he felt a sharp pain in his lower abdomen. He looked down to discover a hilt in his stomach.
His opponent had drawn another sword and stabbed him with it.
Jeran looked back up at his opponent, with a look that was half congratulations and half pain, and fell backward. His eyes rolled up into his head and he died before he hit the ground.
The shock that went through the group of Jedi nearly paralyzed them. Jeran was among the best duelists in the Order, yet he was beaten so easily.
Lenna was the first to recover from the shock. With a battle cry filled with anguish, she ignited her lightsaber and charged down the corridor towards the fray. The other three Jedi began going after nearby enemies, making them pay dearly for the loss of a beloved comrade. Gav started down the hallway, using the Force to summon his lightsaber to his hand.
What happened next occurred so fast Gav was stunned.
Ulric dismembered one of the mysterious enemies, only to take three blaster bolts to the chest and fall backwards next to the airlock. Lenna was at the end of the corridor when suddenly there was an explosion. When the flash had subsided and Gav could see again, his master Lenna was lying at the end of the corridor, missing the lower portion of her left leg and her left hand.
Gav tried to activate his lightsaber to defend her, but it wouldn't activate. Looking down, he realized that at some point during the ten seconds he had been in the battle, one of them had shot his lightsaber and rendered it useless. Shaking his head, Gav plunged through the stream of blaster fire to reach Lenna. She looked up at him with a vacant look.
"Master, we have to get you out of here!" cried Gav over the roar of blasterfire. As he started to pick her up, she shoved him backwards with the Force.
"Stop. You've got to get out of here. There's no way you can get me out of here without getting yourself killed too."
Gav shook his head. While he knew she was telling the truth, he wasn't about to give up that easy. "After everything we've been through together? I can't just give up on you like that!"
Lenna pulled Gav close. "Listen, you need to make it out of here. I'm finished regardless. You need to get back to the Temple to complete the mission." Lenna pulled a thermal detonator from her pocket. "I'll take care of these guys. Now go!"
Gav didn't want to leave. He wasn't going to. But the next thing he knew, he, along with Ulric, Edea, and Irman were flying through the airlock back into their ship. Gav spun around and looked back into the airlock, only to find that it had been sealed. Ulric limped to the cockpit, his fingers flying over the control panels of the freighter.
"Get those sensors up for me Edea, I need to see what happening out there" requested Ulric. He was sounding very weak,  and Gav was amazed he was even able to pilot the ship with his injuries. Gav looked out of the viewport and back at the ship they had boarded, the ship with his master still on it. As the ship went from filling the viewport to a finger sized object, a brilliant explosion engulfed the frigate, leaving no doubt to his master' fate. Saddened, he looked down into his hands, only to realize he was holding his master's lightsaber. He was about to cry when Irman called him.
"Gav, I need you here in the medical bay, Ulric passed out and Edea is flying the ship. I don't know how to work these medical gadgets."
With a renewed purpose on his face, Gav ran to the ship's small medical bay, packed tightly with military-grade medical equipment. Ulric was lying on the operation bed, his robes laying in tatters around him. Gav could tell what needed to be done just by looking at him
"We need to get him into the kolto tank right away!"
As Gav left the medical bay, he glanced back to see Ulric floating in the kolto tank and Irman lying down, an IV in his arm due to a small blaster wound on his arm. Relieved that they both seemed to be doing fine, Gav sealed the door and made his way towards the quarters he had been meditating in. He peeked into the bridge as he walked by; Edea was looking at something on the Holonet, ready to return her attention to piloting at a moments notice. Satisfied, he stopped by the sanisteam, stripped down, and got in it. After 10 minutes of meditation and feeling much better after a good cleaning, Gav walked to his small, uncomfortable roll out bed, and fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:07:35 AM by MyIDWasTaken » Logged

Anyone who follows the path of the Jedi is too self-righteous and disciplined to know how to have fun?
Please, I have more fun being a Jedi than a mynock on Raxus Prime

Reaper-CG
Archon v2-AS
Bellicose-AB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: