Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Different fonts for different colors  (Read 5107 times)
zombie668
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

Rockstar!

« on: May 09, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »

Ive been playing around with a million different saber fonts (as I'm sure most here have), and I cant help but come to the conclusion that certain colors should go with certain sounds. For instance the "Resblade" font, is one of my all time favorites, and that font (in my mind) should be on a blue or purple saber. My question is... What about fire Orange? My saber is the War Gaive Orange with white FoC.. What would be the perfect sound for this?

"Evil will always overcome good, Because good is DUMB." -Dark Helmet

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 02:39:42 AM »

Blackstar or Starkiller for sure.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:19:15 AM »

I use Sister of Shadows for orange.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

zombie668
Knight Apprentice

Rockstar!

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »

Thanks for the input. Im even down to purchase some from the saberfont website if you have any moreideas.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 08:59:28 PM »

on build I am doing now it is sith and jedi so can be switched from red to blue.  On the blue color blade I am now using resblade which IMO is the best soundfont out there, I think it can be any color really i liked it alot with the sith color blade.  But Now I am using PRIME for my red  blade which is based of the movied transformers and it really is a sick font i think it tends to lean more towards the darkside

zombie668
Knight Apprentice

Rockstar!

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:39:59 AM »

on build I am doing now it is sith and jedi so can be switched from red to blue.  On the blue color blade I am now using resblade which IMO is the best soundfont out there, I think it can be any color really i liked it alot with the sith color blade.  But Now I am using PRIME for my red  blade which is based of the movied transformers and it really is a sick font i think it tends to lean more towards the darkside

The Prime Soundfont is AWESOME! I still love Resblade but the "dying duck" swing sounds kind of give me a rash. As far as pure genius in a soundfont.. Rain Sizzle is really cool! <-- just wish I could get the "thunder" out of the background sound. Resblade with some big, mid-range (not too low), CLEAR swing sounds (VvroooM -WUUumMMm) Would be the coolest!! Anyone want to try it? I have the original Resblade .wav files I can dropbox to ya!

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 04:43:33 AM »

its prob not a good idea to release that font. There have already been enough fueds in the past over soundfonts and such. I am by no means taking sides I am a consumer like yourself, but If it were me I would steer clear

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 07:25:32 PM »

Or have boards from 2 different companies. That's what I plan to do since I already have my Obsidian saber. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

zombie668
Knight Apprentice

Rockstar!

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »

Or have boards from 2 different companies. That's what I plan to do since I already have my Obsidian saber. =]

I dont follow.. "boards from 2 different companies". Like actual physical soundboards that go inside the saber hilt? And if so, are you suggesting putting both into one hilt somehow? That or I have completely missed the point. If so, I allow you to consider me clinically retarded. Smiley
Also.. I have been playing with audacity and as I mentioned before about the Resblade swing sounds being less than "saber-styles" IMO. I have figured out that i can combine the hum with whatever swing I'd like and after install, it will seamlessly work with the rest of the sound font. My question being this.... where can I download some "naked" (no background hum) swing sounds? Any ideas?

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »

i mixed the ancient saber sounds with the black star for my fire orange saber and i LOVE it

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 07:08:30 AM »

I mixed default Obsidian and Luke ROTJ sounds for mine. Turned out good. Luke ROTJ hum and second lock up the rest Obsidian. Though I only did the first 9 impacts and swings. Oh and boot up from Episode 1 Obi-Qui with the Gui-gon boot. I just love that boot. And I love the original Obsidian sounds more for the deep tones. At least that's how I feel about the original font. =]

zombie668
Knight Apprentice

Rockstar!

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 01:08:53 AM »

of all the soundfonts I have purchased (around 10-15).. all of them have strong points but NONE of them are as all around awesome as the O.G. default soundfont.. IMO

afrojedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Justice is my ally, The force will guide me.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 03:14:49 PM »

I mixed default Obsidian and Luke ROTJ sounds for mine. Turned out good. Luke ROTJ hum and second lock up the rest Obsidian. Though I only did the first 9 impacts and swings. Oh and boot up from Episode 1 Obi-Qui with the Gui-gon boot. I just love that boot. And I love the original Obsidian sounds more for the deep tones. At least that's how I feel about the original font. =]

where do you find these fonts? I have all the sound fonts from the obsidian thread.

Anakin skywalker force fx lightsaber.
US War Glaive w/ Fire Orange

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 05:04:07 AM »

The free Obsidian fonts from forum members thread and such. Also for Guardian/Arctic Blue, I think a cool sounding fnt set would be like, for Arctic, the power on and off, sound kind of hyper like full of energy, make the hum subtle, same with the lock up, and the swings and impacts somewhat aggressive. Just giving ideas for Arctic/Guardian Blue owners that do saber fonts. ;o We need some new saber themed fonts for the summer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: