Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Finally made it!!  (Read 2397 times)
Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« on: May 11, 2013, 05:11:12 AM »

I finally made this fricken lion balloon animal mask that took me about an hour. Some of the balloons kept popping on me  Cry  Oh well victory!  Cool

Heres me wearing it. LOL My little sister whom I made it for is asleep since its 12am so she will have to wait till morning to see it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:23:45 AM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:34:27 AM »

That is pro level fracking awesome!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 03:31:46 PM »

Fantastic work - looks amazing!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 02:26:08 PM »

You'll have to teach me how to do that.  My daughter would love it!!!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 04:45:17 PM »

Thanks for the complements guys my little sister loved it and It was fun jumping on my dads head and pretending to eat him. Tehe  Cheesy

@ Blue Sorry blue , but I can't teach you how to make this for 3 reasons.

1) I bought an online video on how to make this mask and many others from a top balloonist who gave explicate instructions not to share their work without consent. I could, but that would be stealing from the original artist of this design who does this for a living.  Undecided   You can buy the instructions here http://www.balloon-animals.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=a775b157a3ef1bab2cdf63b0d40b40a7

2) Making this mask is fairly hard and trying to attempt this mask as a novice.... well things would turn messy real quick. Lot of popped balloons and alot of money down the drain.

3) The amount of money you have to spend on balloons to make this mask add up quick. The total amount I had to spend on balloons for this mask was at-least 35 bucks and that is if you don't pop a lot of them or all of them while making it. If you did it would be even more.  Shocked  So most people aren't really willing to spend that amount on a balloon.

So I understand your excitement, but lets start with baby steps. If you want to get started here's my recommendation.
1) Buy this basic balloon kit. http://www.birthdayinabox.com/party-supplies/crafts-and-games/crafts-and-activities/balloon-animals-kit-BB004233.html?code=googlepla&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!18283950120!g!!17222349323&utm_source=GoogleBase&source=productlistings&id=18283950120&CAWELAID=1503466750&catargetid=1798071330&%22cagpspn=pla%22&gclid=CJHQ1caCkbcCFYyi4Aod0Q8ALg
You should be able to get it at walmart in the party supply section or any local party supply store. The kit will come with instructions on how to make 6-8 basic balloon animals which will teach you the fundamental steps of ballooning. Use all the balloons in the kit so you get a feel for twisting  balloons.  

2) Go to this website, best price on quality twisting balloons.
https://www.bargainballoons.com/10browse.asp?Category=260Q+Latex+Balloons&Page=1&Display=High
Buy a pack of the 260Q Character Assorted Twisting Animal Balloons 100count and the 260Q Carnival Assorted Twisting Animal Balloons 100count and buy the green balloon pump at the bottom of the page.

3) when you receive you balloons practice the basic balloon animals that came with your old kit a few more times and then go to youtube and check out all the free balloon videos on youtube.
Here one of my favorites.  Smiley
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSiqC9yQbKE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSiqC9yQbKE</a>

4) Give your balloon creations to your daughter and watch the smiles pour right in.  Cheesy

If you have any  questions I'am right here.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:48:29 PM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »

Thanks for the honesty and the links.  Have a great weekend my friend.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: