Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Facts About the Death Star  (Read 2736 times)
Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« on: May 12, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »

Thought you guys might enjoy this.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:31:18 PM »

It's damn hard to zoom the browser to read this. You should make the pic clickable.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »

It's damn hard to zoom the browser to read this. You should make the pic clickable.

Right click, Open image in new tab, Click to zoom.

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:44:09 PM »

One thing that always confused me was how the Death Star was proportioned.

Is the Death Star like a planet so you could start on one hemisphere and walk around it with a gravitational pull towards the center or is the Death Star built in sections starting from the top to the bottom?

The confusion comes from the surface of the Death Star with the "city buildings" and the turbo-lasers.

Is there an area on the death star where the gravitational-pull changes so people are standing like they do on a planet when they get to a certain section of the Death Star?

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »

^I thought of the core being so dense that it creates a gravitational field.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 01:19:21 AM »

^I thought of the core being so dense that it creates a gravitational field.

I thought so too but then what about when the Millenium Falcon docks into the Death Star?

Does that mean that at some point during the intrusion to rescue Princess Leia the "heroes" passed through an area that changed the orientation?  Kind of like in 2001: A Space Odyssey with the Transport Ship to the Moon / Space Station.

The "cross-section" booklet shows the Death Star being "floored" from "top to bottom", which makes sense considering the Emperor's Throne Room, but still, what about the turrets along the rim of the Death Star?

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 01:30:55 AM »

Maybe there is fake gravity everywhere. Like on the Falcon.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

loosekannonn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 01:36:50 AM »

Gravity in most Sci-Fi is driven by the floor or the computer generates the field oriented to the floor no matter the angle or one floor relative to another;
for example in the Millennium Falcon the gun pods face straight up and down relative to the ships internal lay out, but as Han and Luke climb into the gunner seats you see gravity pull them to the ladder then to the seats and floor of the gun pod; even though the gun pods would have them standing 90 degrees out from the corridors of the Falcon.

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:53:29 AM »

It might be blasphemous but some things you just have to chalk up to it being a movie lol

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:03 PM »

I always assumed it was standard artificial gravity like is used on the other ships (Falcon, Star Destroyers, etc.) and built in levels starting at the "bottom" (southern) hemisphere,  and moving up to the "top" (northern) hemisphere.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 06:40:11 PM »

Gravity in most Sci-Fi is driven by the floor or the computer generates the field oriented to the floor no matter the angle or one floor relative to another;
for example in the Millennium Falcon the gun pods face straight up and down relative to the ships internal lay out, but as Han and Luke climb into the gunner seats you see gravity pull them to the ladder then to the seats and floor of the gun pod; even though the gun pods would have them standing 90 degrees out from the corridors of the Falcon.

I believe it is most similar to this.  The very outer "region" of the Death Star has gravity that is focused towards the core whereas the more internal regions have gravity focused top to bottom or north to south.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: