Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Coulson Lives in First Epic ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ TV Spot  (Read 1428 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: May 13, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySsw-6aetys" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySsw-6aetys</a>

When fan-favorite supporting character Agent Phil Coulson stood up to the villainous Loki in The Avengers, no one saw the memorable confrontation ending the way it did. Thanks to Joss Whedon, Coulson didn’t make it out alive but his sacrifice motivated Earth’s Mightiest into joining together as The Avengers and saving New York from an alien invasion.

For months after The Avengers broke box office records around the world, the most diehard of Marvel fans started a “Coulson lives” campaign – one that convinced Marvel and Joss Whedon to not only bring actor Clark Gregg back to continue playing the role, but to lead his own show titled Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

Of all the stories Whedon could have selected to launch a live-action Marvel series on ABC, we knew from the beginning that one centering on covert S.H.I.E.L.D. organization made the most sense. It not only allows for new, original stories to be told while not being beholden to specific Marvel Comics stories, but it can do so without interfering with the Marvel films. It shares the same universe as the films and can take advantage of crossover opportunities while also serving as a platform to launch potential spinoff programs. It’s the beginning of something larger and the Whedon name and Marvel brand made it obvious from the beginning that ABC would pick up the pilot for a season order, and they did. We don’t yet know how many episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will air, beginning this fall, but the marketing campaign begins today.

During the season 2 finale of Once Upon a Time, ABC aired the first exciting TV spot for the Marvel TV show [watch up top]- the first program developed by Marvel Studios and the first series that shares the same space as the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It takes place after The Avengers, and stars Clark Gregg returning from the “dead” as Phil Coulson, with a cast including Ming-Na Wen (ER) as Agent Melinda May, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Brett Dalton (Killing Lincoln) as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet (Nashville) as Skye.

The production values are high for the pilot, reminiscent of the Marvel One-Shots featured on the home video releases of Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and The Avengers. We’ve selected some stills from the teaser, featuring shots reused from The Avengers, along with some revealing imagery of super-powered people, including someone who can explode. Also note the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on the cargo plane – perhaps a mobile base for Coulson’s team?

The answer to how Coulson returns for the post-Avengers TV show will be answered in the pilot and Clark Gregg told us there’s definitely an element of deception at play while Marvel high-ups including Kevin Feige and Joss Whedon hinted that it’s a certainty that Coulson will eventually make a return in the films as well.

We were also told that SHIELD’s absence in Iron Man 3 – one of the criticisms from fans – will be explained in the other Phase Two movies, which most refers to the SHIELD-focused Captain America: The Winter Soldier. If that’s the case, the stories of SHIELD in between The Avengers 1 & 2, along with Captain America 2 may spillover or have an impact on the show. How Whedon – the overseer of Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – accomplishes this remains to be seen.

If you’re interested and want for information on Agents of SHIELD and the secret missions they’re tasked with, head to the official site:

http://www.agentsofshield.com/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres this fall on ABC. On the film side, Iron Man 3 is in theaters worldwide, Thor: The Dark World on November 8, 2013, Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4, 2014, Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014, The Avengers 2 on May 1, 2015, Ant-Man on November 6, 2015, and Doctor Strange sometime after that.

Source: http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shield-trailer-tv-commercial/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »

Full Trailer...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerIAuv27SQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerIAuv27SQ</a>

Apparently J.August Richards (who played Gunn on Angel) will be in it as a superhero. All evidence seems to point to him being Luke Cage. Whether or not he will be a regular is still up for debate.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:47:01 PM by Jev Moldara » Logged

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »

I'm confident this show will be great, but I'm more eager to see what kinds of "Heroes" they will include and how it will tie it into the MCU; other than how it already is. lol

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 07:28:52 AM »

I cant wait til this comes out! will definitely be looking forward to it!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

MaraJenn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 12:29:58 PM »

I'm very excited for this, and I really hope J. August is playing Luke Cage (though rumor has it that he's not).

Talk nerdy to me

Grab Bags:
Prophecy V3 in Consular Green
Standard Issue V3 in Consular Green
Liberator V3 in Consular Green

MBs:

Initiate V4 in Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: