Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Spring Raffle 2 - Grand Prize Reveal  (Read 6364 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« on: May 14, 2013, 11:20:08 PM »

H all,

I've been impatiently waiting for the arrival of my Bellicose and my raffle prizes. Well, yesterday...

...they arrived.

First out of the box...

...my Bellicose! Every bit as gorgeous as I imagined, and rather more heavy. Something I hadn't quite anticipated was the greater circumference of the hilt against the Aeon I already had. It makes it feel much sturdier and gives it a lot of heft.

Next out of the box...

...lots of stuff. Business cards, the charger, a blade plug, info about US and the little and large hex wrenches for the taking the blade out of the holder, and the holder out of the hilt.

Onto box two, and this had everything else.

A lot of everything else...

...like two chargers, a 24" blade for my wife to use, the vented coupler for making my staff, a Yari extension and a huge amount of packing peanuts. Oh, and two lightsabres...

...as seen here with my Aeon and Bellicose.

So, what did I end up ordering? Well, we'll see in the next post...

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 11:21:57 PM »

First I chose...

...the Manticore, with a Adegan Silver blade and Consular Green flash. The blade looks incredible, and I'm happy with the CG flash effect, as it was difficult to choose any one colour for this.

Second, I chose...

...a Shock LE. I like this as a bulkier, more solid version of my Aeon, and the silver with gold highlights works as well here as it does on the Aeon. I knew I wanted this one in Violet Amethyst, and for the flash I went for Bane's Heart as something different, and because my eldest daughter love purple and pink above all other colours. She wants this one to be hers, but I've made clear that it's mine... and she may get to play with it sometimes.

My MantiShock staff...

...and with Bellicose and Aeon.

The four together - I really like the look of the Pyrestone Orange blade in these shots, incidentally. I ordered a midgrade blade with the Bellicose, and have swapped it for the UE blade I got with the Aeon. I think the two colours look better with those blades.

Finally, my trio of Obsidian 'sabres with the Yari attached to each in turn. I'd say, for those considering a Yari, that the 24" blade makes a great balance to the longer hilt. It's very manoeuverable in that configuration. The weight of the Yari isn't so much that it makes the 'sabre unusable as a one-handed weapon, but with the shorter blade and longer hilt the pivot point is very different to that on a standard 'sabre. It favours short, precise, quick strikes more than the sweeping strikes typical of a non-extended 'sabre.

My thanks again to US for running the raffle, and for picking me for the grand prize. Enjoy the pictures, check out my video review if you haven't already, and as it seems pretty much obligatory to do this at some point, enjoy some emitter and pommel switching!

You can see my review at http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=13866.msg214295

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

dreamtension
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »

Holy Moly!
Those are some impressive sabers and mods.
Very nice!

Light side points please

Hibyrd
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 37

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 01:44:24 AM »

Love the pics brother. Cool mods as well. That orange does look pretty sweet.

Bellicose RGB
Archon V2.1 CG Obsidian w/Foc Orange
Malice BR Obsidian w/Foc Orange
Prophecy CE V2 BR
Liberator AB
Dark Standard Issue Staff GB
Dominix v2 LE FO
Manticore Emerald RGBW
Dominix v2 AS
Crimson Reaper AB Obsisian w/FOC silver
Initiate

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 03:38:08 AM »

Awesome! Lovin the silver purple staff! Aren't MHS hilts fun? My favorite setup is the Shock LE body with the Manticore pommel & emitter! Curious why none got illuminated switches. I guess they're not for everyone. Very cool winnings!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darth Ryga
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -28

The Empire is war made manifest

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 07:19:33 AM »

Another great post James. And, another point!  Grin

Sabers w/Sound, A/V's, RP's and QD's(Where Applicable):
Reaper,Dark Shock(2),Consular,Manticore,SS Raven,Archon V2.1,Graflex CE,Scorpion,Dark Prophecy V3(2),Dominix LE V3,Chosen One CE,NP Guardian (Emrld),Dominix LE V4,Dark Apprentice V4
Free Promotional Sabers:
Aeon V3,Dark Standard,Aeon V2,Raven,Sentinel V4,Initiate V3,Initiate LE V3

jonesy360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 67

Addicted to ULTRASABERS

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:49:22 AM »

nice again jc,great pics and sabers ,enjoy your prizes Shocked

Bellicose,fo,sfoc,os,rav
Scorpion,br,sfoc,os,rav
Graflex ce,br,sfoc,obsoundrav
Reaper,cg,sfoc,obsoundbav
Aeon v3,gbstunt
Shock le,RGBsfoc,obsoundyav
Guardian,dva,bhfoc,obsoundgav
RavenSSRGBsfoc,obsoundsav
ArchonV2.1gb,bhfoc,obsoundsav jedi
ArchonV2.1as,sfoc,obsoundsav sith

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »

Thanks all.

I've having a lot of fun with my new toys. Setting up the four for photos was very satisfying!

As for the AV switches, I'm not a big fan (and they're pretty pricey) but I have a feeling I may get one or two on future 'sabres. The new ones have momentary switches (I believe that's what they're called) rather than the analog switch on my Aeon. It does make a big difference in how easy it is to activate the FOC against what I'd expected.

The MHS stuff is fun. I can see myself playing with them quite a bit, especially if my collection continues to expand. I think I'll generally stick to the default setups, but it's still fun.

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »

Man, sabers look so badass with just one Extension and a regular size blade. Thank you for the pictures James!
(I'm a James too, I've just been nicnamed Jimmer since I was a baby. There were too many Jimmy, Jim, Jimbo, Jamie, etc in my family lol But I like it better then those)

Also, side note..That gold looks SO much better in your pictures then it does on ultrasabers...is that custom? Really makes me want to order some type of Gold Grooved LE with a gold Covertec next.

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

angelo07stang
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 11:55:36 PM »

Congrats on the sabers James there awesome.

asupersonicman
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 03:59:52 AM »

Great choices! I really dig the Shock with the Manticore emitter.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 05:36:19 PM »

Fanstastic lineup, James! Three solid choices there! That staff rules! Congrats on that amazing victory!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 06:03:10 PM »

DarthJimmer, the anodisation on the Shock is standard as far as I'm aware. It matches my Aeon, which is the LE as well.

Thanks to all for the comments - I'm having a lot of fun with my 'sabres!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: