Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Defiance (TV Show on Syfy)  (Read 1407 times)
DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« on: May 15, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »

I'm not sure if everyone is already watching it or not or atleast heard of itt, but MAN it is so great so far! I'm not much of a gamer but out of curiosity I did do some beta testing for the game. I wasn't really impressed with the game as far as things we've already seen. But as for the show..that's a different story.

If you're a fan of Star Wars (which I'm sure EVERYONE here is considering the lightsaber forum ahha) it def. have elements considering the entire show is like an homage to the Mos Eisley Cantina scene w/ humans and aliens living in harmony. If you loved BattleStar Galactica, some of the creators are heavily involved and sometimes it feels similar. Firely, it def. has the same Western plus alien feel, especially in the main Male Character. There's something here for everyone. Even if you like The new Star Trek or Any SciFi/Fantasy you should REALLY check this out.

If you already have, what do you think? Are you loving it as much as I am. It's soooo good. Some of the make-up specifically on one species bugs me, but with the amount of detail just in the sets, wardrobe, plus Special Effects its amazing. The whole idea of the show and video game tie in and interaction from the beginning is the first of its kind to do it that way. With the people who are involved in this, plus the money, effort, and just basic plot..it was bound to be good. Watch it so it does get prematurely canceled like so many of our wonderful shows! This isn't just some Syfy Channel no effort throw together knock-off that looks so fake you cant even watch.

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:44:01 PM »

Has no one seen the show? Do you not like it? or what?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7j3_xHxBw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7j3_xHxBw</a>

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »

Sorry, haven't been on the boards as much lately, working too many hours.

Definitely enjoying Defiance so far, though I'm a few episodes out of the loop, and you're right, it has a Star Wars/Firefly feel to several aspects.  Sort of curious about the PC game as well, but I hear it takes place in like San Francisco or something, so I don't know how they tie together.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »

That last episode was sooo good. But I can say theres been one that hasnt been. Also, unlike so many other shows, they seem loger then their hour long slot. It makes it like a mini badass movie every week in this amazing world that pays homage to of all my favorite scifi and tv shows with its very own feel and twists. Seriously, saberforum..if you havent, please give it a try for me. And if you're not in the U.S. and cant find it for some reason, let me know..I'll personally make you links.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »

Hmm, might have to stickybeak it sometime. I love firefly

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 05:19:09 PM »

watched the first two eps, doesn't look too bad. it almost lost me with the opening scenes though, sometimes the CG is so incredibly fake looking. but I reckon its worth watching more and seeing how it goes. character development looks good

on a side note, we were watching it and thinking the lead actor who plays Nolan looked real familiar and he sounded a wee bit aussie-ish. looked it up on the internet, he used to play in an Australian tv drama cop show called Blue Heelers that stopped airing years ago- doubt anyone outside Australia knows it, but most aussies here should know it and I remember watching it weekly as a kid. im sure ive seen him on other aussie tv shows as well though. oh and hes actually kiwi born Smiley a bit of trivia for today

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: