Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon LE V3 in CG Review (Few pics)  (Read 2194 times)
borgishmorg
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Conjurer of Dark Magik

« on: May 15, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »

Howdy all, I got my first Ultrasabers from FedEx today and it is absolutely the coolest thing I've ever bought in my fifteen years of life! Okay kind of dramatic, I know... But it is absolutely awesome and I don't think they could do very much to make it any better.

So first off, let's just talk about the hilt:
When I was looking at these things online, I honestly thought it would be smaller, because I guess that everyone I saw that had a picture or video had "Man-Hands" and so I didn't really account for it being larger in my smaller hands. I'm not complaining, in fact I think it's awesome like this and it feels GREAT for two-handed wielding, which makes it easier to hold on to when swinging around.

As for the inner electronics, I can't really comment or critique them, other than saying, they seem like they work very well and won't break on me, and the Li-Ion batteries with Buckpuck seems to have been a good choice. The only complaint I can make about the electronics is that the battery pack seems to clunk around a bit in the end of the saber, but I know everyone says that and it's an easy fix.

The blade itself seems to be real sturdy and even though I got the Mid-Grade blade, it seems like this thing won't ever break on me. As for brightness, well I chose the MG because I wanted it to be as bright as possible, and I am extremely impressed. It is a very nice, bright green that lights up a dark room, but to anyone who thinks it is going to look like the ones in the movies, no it does not, it is very bright, very cool, but it does not have the bright white center like in the movies, even though it looks like it in the pictures.

Extra notes: As you can see in the pictures, I had the placement of the Covertec wheel (which is an awesome brass color, I might add) be right above the top choke, so that it is a quicker draw from the belt clip and your fingers are naturally at the activation switch. Also seen in the pictures, I purchased an extra pommel separately from The Other Guys, it is called Pommel style 3, I believe. It looks like a big spike, but it is pretty dull and looks fantastic. I also purchased a blade plug from TOG, instead of here at US, beacause I wanted the Solid White one instead of the clear ones that US offers. The whole blade retention screw and allen wrench seem to be a good system even though I have unscrewed the little screw in there too far once, and it came out. Thankfully I didn't lose it and put it back in, and now I'm a bit more careful with it.

One last critique: There seems to be quite a few little scratches or dings here or there on the saber, but they are practically unnoticeable and I'm really not upset about it because I was planning on weathering and customizing this saber quite a bit (be sure to check the Ultrasabers Customizations section in a few days for that!).

This one is just a close-up of the beautiful hilt.

This is the hilt in my hand, so you can all see how big it is in my girly-man hands. Lol.

This one is of the entire saber lit up in a dark room.

This is the saber lit up in a lit room.

Saber not lit up.

This is the blade plug I purchased from The Other Guys.

I also purchased some LEE Filters off of leefiltersusa.com for .01$ plus shipping, just to fool around and make some cool greens, but I will leave that for my customizations thread.

Thanks for looking, happy sabering, and May the Force be with you.

Aeon LE V3 in CG
Standard Issue V3 in BR
Shock with v3 Sound in GB
Dark Menace with v4 Sound in PO
Consular with v4 Sound in Tri-CG

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 10:50:01 PM »

Nice saber. I would've gone with a Malice round pommel though. That's just me though. Lol. The pommel you have on is too Sithy for me.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: