Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Riddick’ Full Trailer: Riddick Gets Unchained  (Read 1868 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: May 16, 2013, 03:49:48 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxDEjDMreA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxDEjDMreA</a>

Seven years is a long wait between movies in a franchise, but after The Chronicles of Riddick failed to light up the box office in 2006, it’s something of a miracle that a third film about Vin Diesel’s “shined” space mercenary received a green light at all. Simply titled Riddick, David Twohy’s picture only received its first teaser about a month ago; today, the full trailer has landed online and expanded on the promise of the previous clip.

Riddick sees the anti-hero of the title in a situation that calls to mind the events of Pitch Black more than a decade ago. This time around, Riddick is left to the mercies of a harsh alien world before running into two groups of bounty hunters out for his blood; the trailer makes the film sound like a return to the character’s roots as well as a continuation on some of the ideas introduced in Chronicles. Check out the full synopsis below:

The infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he’s encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty. The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won’t leave the planet without Riddick’s head as their trophy.

So Riddick pits Diesel against legions of dangerous alien monsters as well as human predators who want him dead. At first blush, the movie bears much more of a resemblance to Pitch Black than Chronicles, which should bode very well for its chances at the box office and could be taken as a strong sign of its quality. Either way, Riddick is back, and he looks meaner than ever, so fans of the series should be getting pretty excited right about now- and if not, the gallery of images above ought to help.

Riddick starts its theatrical run September 6th, 2013.

Source: http://screenrant.com/riddick-trailer-2-2013/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »

Oooooo shiny!

Looks great   Wink

Light side points please Smiley

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »

Ooooh! Good news here! I really enjoyed the story from the first two. Glad they're doing another.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »

I'm stoked they got the chick from battlestar galactica haha Katie Sackhoff?

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 10:17:07 PM »

Looks badass. I'm gonna go see it. Riddick kind of teaming up with someone though? I find that weird. He's always been a loner to me.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 12:37:06 AM »

Looks exactly like Pitch Black.  But dammit I love the character so I'm sure I'll see it anyway. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 06:47:32 AM »

In IMAX SOLD!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: