Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: raven review  (Read 4596 times)
Darth Andronikus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -31

« on: May 25, 2011, 03:50:15 AM »

http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb415/darthbane1/ultra%20sabers/?action=view&current=100_3302.jpg ok this is my first review hope you guys find it useful this is a SS raven in blazing red with a 36 inch UEHG  it weighs about 1.5 pounds the total length is 47 inches the length of exposed blade is 34 inches the claws are about 10 inches and the hilt from emitter to pommel is about 13 inches i found it's easier to use with one hand because there really isn't a good place for the second one but both will fit under the switch  if you like to grip above it then you might need to remove the claws the outer diameter at the bottom without the pommel is about 1 and 1/4 inches across and the inner diameter is a little less than an inch the balance point is about 13 inches up from the pommel in my opinion the ringing around the hilt kinda gets in the way it's uncomfortable and makes gripping especially with both hands a bit tricky  the claws make it a little top heavy but not to bad and didn't cause me much trouble  over all like every other ultra saber i own i'm very impressed it's as great of saber as we have come to expect from ultra sabers as previously mentioned it is kind of hard to use with two hands or grip above the switch but this is still a great saber if you have a question i didn't go over post here or pm me sorry about the pics couldn't get them up here so just take the link i hope you all find it useful

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:24:07 PM »

Longest... sentence... EVER!  Haha but no, good review man glad to hear you like the saber.  Those claws are just wicked looking - imagine a Raven staff!  Smiley

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »

Great looking saber!! Only 2 more days till mine gets here. I WAS wondering how it would sit in the hands. Mine's an RGB, so I'm not sure how comfortable it will be.

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »

FINALLY! A Raven review!  Glad to hear you like it, looking forward to mine and I agree Nero - a staff may be in my future for that Raven.  God those are cool looking sabers!

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

Darth Andronikus
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:22:55 PM »

glad you guys liked this review and warlock let me know about the RGB cuz i am thinking about another one and would like RGB but just can't see how that would feel on my hands

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »

glad you guys liked this review and warlock let me know about the RGB cuz i am thinking about another one and would like RGB but just can't see how that would feel on my hands
Sure thing, good sir!!  Grin

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »

that thing is sick! it looks like if you were to remove the blade , you could skewer someone with it. i kind of wish i waited before ordering my dark war glaive. that saber is a beast Shocked

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 06:39:48 AM »

DROOL............................... I Must Have It Soon  Shocked I Must Go Rob a Bank  Undecided...................

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 03:13:36 AM »

Wow...that was a long sentence. Kidding! Cool review though, I was wondering how this thing looked. Those claws...wow. Those are some crazy claws. have you tried dueling with one of them or maybe two to see if the saber is a little easier to use? I would have to say it would be a little more fight worthy without the claws, just because of my style. But still, nice looking saber nonetheless. That bottom of the hilt, verrrrrry nice.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Darth Andronikus
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »

have you tried dueling with one of them or maybe two to see if the saber is a little easier to use? 
not with only one or two on because i doesn't look right without all three but with all of it is a little lighter and faster but you said you grab beneath the emmitter right? because there are screws under it that help support the claws i don't know if you could see it in the pics but i don't think they could be removed and the length of the hilt made it hard for me when i tired that, but that's not the way i normally fight so it could work better for you

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 02:02:27 AM »

FYI All,  I emailed US a few hours ago and asked if they had a coupler that could join two ravens together to make a staff...I'll let you know what they tell me.  

Part 2, yea they have it, should have looked (and read) the US website better.  The couplers are the first two items on the "sabers with sound" page Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:08:50 PM by Qui-Tom Helms » Logged

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I don't think you'll have any problem if you get an RGB. The extra buttons don't get in the way anymore than just having the one, IMO.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: