Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘STAR WARS REBELS’ ANIMATED SERIES COMING IN 2014  (Read 13269 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: May 20, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bdfFos3PYQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bdfFos3PYQ</a>

From the moment Disney announced it would begin “winding down” ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars‘ as it began building a new era of the ‘Star Wars‘ franchise, fans have wondered where the animated arm of the franchise would reach next. Now, we’ve learned that the newest project will take the name ‘Star Wars Rebels,’ chronicling the time between trilogies after the formation of the Empire! Preview the newest ‘Star Wars’ series inside!

While the next round of movies remains something of a mystery, ‘Star Wars’ fans finally have a clue about the future of the franchise. Via the New York Times, we’ve learned that Disney will produce an animated series titled ‘Star Wars Rebels,’ for a likely fall 2014 debut on the Disney Channel, before moving to Disney XD

While details of the plot have been kept somewhat under wraps, we know that ‘Star Wars Rebels’ will take place “in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.” Taking over the creative side are that of screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg (‘X-Men: First Class,’ ‘Elysium‘), who writes the first episode; ‘Clone Wars’ supervising director Dave Filoni and ‘Young Justice’ producer Greg Weisman.

It still remains to be seen what, if anything will become of the additional material produced for ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars,’ but what say you? Are you interested to have an animated series that explored the time between the original and prequel trilogies? How would you like to see the series unfold?

Source: http://screencrush.com/star-wars-rebels-animated-series/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:41:39 PM »

chronicling the time between trilogies after the formation of the Empire!

Ok, I get that it's shortly following TCW, which makes sense, but doesn't the opening crawl of Ep IV say that getting the Death Star plans was the first victory for the Rebels?  Wouldn't that mean that this series is going to have to be very very dark? Lots of Jedi and Rebels dying all over the place? 

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd want to make an animated series about....

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »

Ok, I get that it's shortly following TCW, which makes sense, but doesn't the opening crawl of Ep IV say that getting the Death Star plans was the first victory for the Rebels?  Wouldn't that mean that this series is going to have to be very very dark? Lots of Jedi and Rebels dying all over the place? 

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd want to make an animated series about....

You are correct with everything but that last statement Wink There aren't enough dark animated shows, IMO.

Regardless, I will enjoy the heck out of this show. Point for Kham.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »

It will be interesting to see if they include Starkiller in this.  Maybe get to see more of the dynamics involved in how the Rebel Alliance came to be.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 06:25:25 PM »

You are correct with everything but that last statement Wink There aren't enough dark animated shows, IMO.

I agree.  But it was my understanding (possibly incorrect) that this show would be aimed at younger audiences.  Notwithstanding the fact that all us older people will watch it too!  But would a very dark show be feasible for the 5-15 audience range that I'd assume they'd shoot for?

Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 06:44:15 PM »

It will have to be dark in some places, that's where the tension comes from but Star Wars has always been about the adventure.

They're making a cartoon about Star Wars to market to kids and anyone who loves SW, if you watch the video he said, they are basically taking all the concept art done by Ralph Mcquarrie (the tone and colors at least) and present it in the same way as TCW.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 06:59:24 PM »

It will have to be dark in some places, that's where the tension comes from but Star Wars has always been about the adventure.

They're making a cartoon about Star Wars to market to kids and anyone who loves SW, if you watch the video he said, they are basically taking all the concept art done by Ralph Mcquarrie (the tone and colors at least) and present it in the same way as TCW.

That makes more sense I guess.  I'm at work so I can't watch the video (damn work filters!).  Still not sure how they're gonna pull off the murder of thousands of Jedi in a kid-friendly fashion, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at least. 

Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »

There’s a plethora of Star Wars ‘Expanded Universe’ material in existence (comic books, novels, video games) that takes place in the years after the rise of Emperor Palpatine and the Galactic Empire in Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and before the events in Episode IV – A New Hope. However, now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, the plan is to start fresh and generate a multi-platform experience based around director J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode VII.

It’s for this reason that Disney and Lucasfilm have cancelled the popular Clone Wars animated TV series, rather than move it to a different home on the Disney XD channel. Similarly, the two companies are joining forces (no pun intended) to produce Star Wars Rebels, a new (and, presumably, 3D) animated TV show that will serve as the official canon series that fills the gap between Episode III and IV.

Here is the official synopsis for Star Wars Rebels:

"The action-packed series is set between the events of Episode III and IV – an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time when the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape."

Dave Filoni – former supervising director on Star Wars: The Clone Wars – will serve as executive producer, alongside Greg Weisman (creator of Disney’s popular Gargoyles TV series from the 1990s) and Episode VII consultant Simon Kinberg. The Star Wars Rebels one-hour premiere telecast is being written by Kinberg, who is also producing and writing one of the guarded live-action Star Wars movie spinoffs.

Certain members of the Screen Rant Underground Podcast team were very much fans of the Clone Wars TV series, and praised the show for offering what so many feel was missing from George Lucas’ live-action Star Wars prequel movie trilogy (specifically, well-crafted storylines and compelling character development). Star Wars Rebels could recreate that success, given the collective credentials of the people working behind the scenes.

Similarly, this new animated TV show could serve as a useful bridge that helps to link the previous live-action Star Wars movies with Episode VII, in terms of finding a tone and style that’s in keeping with the franchise’s traditional spirit. However, this may end up being the final nail in the coffin for the live-action Star Wars TV show that would’ve taken place between Episode III and IV – with 50 hours of the series having already been scripted – that Lucas had planned (for better or worse).

Star Wars Rebels will premiere on Disney XD in 2014.

Source: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-tv-series-disney-xd-2014/

________

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:42 PM »

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, this is the most awesome news possible after the announcement of new movies. A Rebellion VS Empire series! SWEETNESS! *hits self over the head with Arbiter* Yep, I'm awake! WOOT! Honestly, it would have been cool to see the live action series, but I'm okay with it dieing if it means we do actually get to SEE a Rebel Series. I mean, I've been hearing about that live action show for years with zip ever actually coming out, so I am beyond stoked to see this. Kham... your awesomeness knows no bounds.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 06:11:58 AM »

I would just like clone wars to officially end first.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 09:26:22 AM »

A show in that time frame would be awesome. What I mostly want is something that doesn't look cartoony like The Clone Wars, it initially turned me off. If I could have something like the Trailers look for TOR I would be head over heels.

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »

A show in that time frame would be awesome. What I mostly want is something that doesn't look cartoony like The Clone Wars, it initially turned me off. If I could have something like the Trailers look for TOR I would be head over heels.

Seconded!!  I was also somewhat turned off by the cartoonish look TCW had.  A more "realistic" animation would be awesome!

Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 04:44:12 PM »

I think that an animation style like this would really go a long way in presenting that beautiful Mcquarrie art from the OT.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4</a>

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »

There aren't enough dark animated shows, IMO.

Blame the soccer moms....

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 06:35:16 PM »

I'm quite disappointed. I don't get Disney XD, so I won't be able to watch....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: