Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Steven Spielberg will be involved in making a Live-Action Halo television series  (Read 2044 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: May 21, 2013, 05:52:31 PM »

More info when it's revealed, but I needed to tell somebody.

Xbox One: Watch The Next-Gen Xbox Presentation Here!

http://gamerant.com/xbox-one-revealed-next-gen/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:10:19 PM »

We may have thought that Halo had already missed its chance at moving from the realm of video game into that of live-action storytelling. But at today’s announcement of Microsoft’s next console, the Xbox One, that all changed.

In addition to the games and cross-media integration detailed, Microsoft took the opportunity to capitalize on the success of the live-action – and completely free – Web series Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn by announcing a new live-action Halo television series, created in partnership with developer 343 Industries and Steven Spielberg himself.

Details on the plot, setting, or delivery platform of the series were not given, beyond the claims that the “premium” series would be exclusive to the Xbox One, and developed in partnership with Dreamworks. We had known for some time that Dreamworks was working on reviving the stalled Halo film, but now it appears that the two companies have come up with a new, less-costly solution.

Spielberg briefly commented on the new deal and TV series, and while his level of involvement in the project isn’t clear, his words do offer support to those hoping to see more video game films in the near future:

“I wish I could be there with you today in person, but like all of you here today I’ve been playing games for decades. I even started playing Pong in 1974. And over the years that experience has exploded from the simple pixels of Pong to worlds that are as immersive as, and certainly more physically interactive than those portrayed on the silver screen. And those stories have gotten more compelling as technology has certainly improved.

“So for me, the Halo universe is an amazing opportunity to be at that intersection where technology and myth-making meet, to produce something really groundbreaking. I’m incredibly excited about the great journey we are all on, the heroes, worlds, and wonders that Halo will take us on.”

Spielberg’s enthusiasm for video games in general, and Halo in particular has been well-documented, so seeing his name attached to such an announcement is not surprising. And if you’ve been following our coverage of Halo’s cross-media development, this isn’t a shock either. We already went into great detail on how the Forward Unto Dawn web series could resurrect the live-action potential of the brand, although what ties the coming series will share with that prequel story remain to be seen.

It’s unclear if the show will be exclusive to Xbox owners, or will simply be released on the console before being made available to the general public. However, the use of the term “premium” does imply that customers will be expected to pay, either on a per-episode, or more likely, per-season basis. Microsoft had claimed in the past that they would only move forward with a live-action Halo project “when the time was right,” and the launch of a new console seems to be the opportunity they’ve been waiting for.

If the series is going to be used to sell consoles, the chances of seeing the show elsewhere – beyond a later home video release – seems less likely. With the Xbox One expected to release this holiday season, expect plenty more information to be released before the TV series gets into production.

We’ll keep you updated as more details on the Halo TV series are released. For all the details on the new Xbox One, be sure to head over to Game Rant.

Source: http://screenrant.com/halo-tv-show-steven-spielberg/

________

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Lord Fenrir
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

Howl to the Moon

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 07:14:38 PM »

I seriously hope this isn't cutting into the funding for the next Halo, because by the looks of the next CoD, Infinity Ward may just take this next gen console war unless 343 can actually innovate on Halo instead of regressing on it like they did with Halo 4's control scheme and system.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 06:24:55 AM »

I hope it seems good. I really wish they would have waited with halo 4 though and brought it out on the XBOX ONE.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 06:37:24 AM »

I would still prefer it if we got a movie instead, or say, a trilogy of movies. I know, I know, budget constraints and all that, and it would most likely be sent straight into development hell, but one can dream, right? I don't know, the idea of a Halo TV show has never appealed to me, and I'm really hoping that this show will blow me away and force me to eat my words. Either way, I still have the video games and novels to fall back on in case things go south.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 07:16:27 AM »

halo 4 forward unto dawn live action series was pretty good imo. watched it again on sunday. I loved it when master chief jumps on the back of the hunter, then flips away as it explodes- and splatters alien blood and muck on master chief hehe. my partner pointed out that there are a couple of occasions when master chief is moving like he has very light armor on as opposed to the heavy Spartan armor he is wearing- which they imply many times in the series is very heavy. I think he also said its mk 4 armor but the helment isn't mk4? cant say I was looking at the armor that hard, he was since hes making his own suit of armor atm. still minor details and pretty good production otherwise! it was cool to see the aliens ive killed in low resolution and almost cartoony like, up on screen as far more realistic and terrifying looking. I rekon the only reason I could deal with it was coz ive played halo- im not a horror/ sci fi alien invasion type person usually, those movies scare me.

a live action series will either be really good... or a complete flop. I hope its the first.
I agree, a movie would be better imo.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »

I didn't know about the web series, but I will check that out. I also intend to buy a tv show if it comes out. the only series I was aware of was Red vs. Blue lqtm.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: