Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag #2: Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3  (Read 4193 times)
mkir2010
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« on: May 22, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »

My 2nd grab bag came in to day and i opened to find this:

A Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 in Guardian Blue

(With Blade Plug)

The first thing I noticed was the size and weight of it compared to my Prophecy v3 that I also got in a grab bag last week:

The two drawbacks I don like about this saber has to be the weight and the fact it really has no grip to it what-so-ever. In light of that I do absolutely got the Guardian Blue blade color I got.

So all in all it's not a bad saber put my Prophecy still is my favorite.

My Sabers:
Nickel Plated Prophecy v3 in AS (Grab Bag)
Prophecy v2 in CG
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber Staff in GB
Phantasm in AB and GB
Dominix LE v3 in BR

Kitra
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 38

"Use the force, Harry" -Gandalf

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:40:49 AM »

Congrats to your Grabbag mkir2010!

Maybe this heavy Sabre would make a nice piece for the vitrine? I would ad some leather on it with an XXXXX formed rope holding it tight on the grip and call it a memory to a fallen foe? ^^

Light side points are appreciated. Smiley

mkir2010
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:41:40 AM »

Congrats to your Grabbag mkir2010!

Maybe this heavy Sabre would make a nice piece for the vitrine? I would ad some leather on it with an XXXXX formed rope holding it tight on the grip and call it a memory to a fallen foe? ^^

Yes it would be. I also thought about that with the leather also I thought about wrapping it from the button down to the first silver stripe. This will defiantly be one that I will customize to fit me and make it unique.

My Sabers:
Prophecy v2 in CG
Phantasm in AB and GB
Dominix LE v3 in BR

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:44:11 AM »

Looks awesome!

I've just ordered a grab bag myself, and I'm curious as to A, what I'll get (I have requested a Red blade) and B, how long it'll take to come (considering I live in the UK).

I'm sure you'll have hours of fun with your sabers!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 06:48:39 AM »

Nice grab, even has the blue latching!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

mkir2010
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 06:38:37 AM »

Nice grab, even has the blue latching!
Yah I havent seen those before. I have heard they use to have them but I don't know

My Sabers:
Prophecy v2 in CG
Phantasm in AB and GB
Dominix LE v3 in BR

Darth Nyin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »

Nice man! I got the Dark Standard as my first, but I actually love it! I went with the vertical grooves though. I know being a grab bag for yours, you had no choice though. The grooves I think give it more a sense of having a grip, than the ones without them. I like the weight of it a lot compared to my ladies Manticore. The hilt on that thing is sexy, but just lacks weight I feel!

One of my next sabers I want is the prophecy I think for a lot of customizing I have in mind! You for sure like that one better?

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »

Very nice score on the grab bag and glad that you love the blue.  To improve the grip, many have used leather or cord wrap to give it more surface.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

mkir2010
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 01:05:33 AM »

Nice man! I got the Dark Standard as my first, but I actually love it! I went with the vertical grooves though. I know being a grab bag for yours, you had no choice though. The grooves I think give it more a sense of having a grip, than the ones without them. I like the weight of it a lot compared to my ladies Manticore. The hilt on that thing is sexy, but just lacks weight I feel!

One of my next sabers I want is the prophecy I think for a lot of customizing I have in mind! You for sure like that one better?
Yah the grip is perfect for me and I'm able to swing it wit no problem. I'm able to put all my force behind the swing of it. I Wish I would of got the vertical groves on mine. I think I'm going to add leather to a grip to it. Also I want to put the blue LED switch on it along with a few more customization parts to it. The Prophecy hilt is light but if you add the right pommel to it it could be a force to mess with.

My Sabers:
Prophecy v2 in CG
Phantasm in AB and GB
Dominix LE v3 in BR

Darth Nyin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 01:11:07 AM »

Excellent. I'm thinking of taking leather to certain ones too. I don't think I'll do it to either Prophecy or Reaper, clearly. In the future when I get a different design though for sure thinking of adding that little extra leather to make it awesome, and a better grip.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: