Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2148582 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #10155 on: March 15, 2020, 04:47:44 PM »

I'm sad to admit that I've just made a non-US lightsaber purchase. With the wait times being about 2 months from US at the moment, I just couldn't wait to get an RGB saber.
I found one online that have good reviews and seems on par with an RGB Aeon v2, but with a hilt design more like a Dark Standard issue. The seller had good reviews on the 3 main online auction sites (don't think I can mention which, but I'm sure everyone has hear of 2 of them) and it should arrive in a week.

I really wanted to stick with US, but I chose the wrong time to get addicted to sabers and I need my fix.
Once I get my saber with sound from US I ordered in January, plus this saber and my current Phantasm v2, I should be set for a while to weather this busy time.

I'm hoping to get shipping confirmation soon on my Sentinel v5 LE with sound from US

-

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #10156 on: March 15, 2020, 06:46:51 PM »

Waiting on my US Mid Grade blade with Pointed TIP and  color discs.

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -50

DS points please :)

« Reply #10157 on: March 15, 2020, 09:28:00 PM »

hello everyone!

Off on a tangent here -- I have ordered an empty hilt (the Fallen, as a matter of fact), and a handful of parts to help complete a DIY build.  My first!  Figured it was something to do while I wait for a couple of orders to be completed by US.  Build one of my own rather than add to their backlog, I guess.

Question:   for those of you who have done the DIY with parts from US, how long have you waited for the order to be filled/completed?    I would think the orders for parts would be managed separately from the production-side orders, but I also know that if one orders parts along WITH a special order saber, they will of course hold the parts in limbo until the entire order is ready to ship.  I have a pommel coming in one of the orders I am waiting for.

Ok a follow up on my last post.  I am told that the DIY parts orders have the same general lead time as custom saber orders, but that they often are processed a bit faster.

Spectre, pro build, NEC Igniter 3, NPxl
Grand Master, Azure, pro build, GHv3, NPxl
Empress (dark), Pro ffie2.2, NPxl
Dark Apprentice LE V5, Xenopixel core 30 fonts *woot*
Sentinel LE V5, Xenopixel core, 30 fonts

EccOMyth
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10158 on: March 16, 2020, 01:21:35 AM »

Ok a follow up on my last post.  I am told that the DIY parts orders have the same general lead time as custom saber orders, but that they often are processed a bit faster.

Yeah not going to be any quicker... Ordered a Charger and Pommel Mid February and still nothing. Wish it would just come so i can be done with US for good. Have had much better luck from two other suppliers in the past month. Got a NP saber in 5 weeks from start to finish and got updated along the way. And currently have another saber in with someone and they have contacted me twice on their own to relay info to me.

"Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of others."
―Jolee Bindo, to Revan, in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk

*Sentinel v4 LE Windowed Stunt w/Orange Blade
*Fulcrum AV Emerald v3 w/Sound
*Aeon V5 LE w/Premium Sound and SRD
*Initiate v4 ~2020 Winter Raffle 2nd Place Prize Upgraded to Diamond

tattar9
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10159 on: March 16, 2020, 02:13:48 AM »

Ordered a Dominicide on Jan 9.  Still nothing, and it's somewhat frustrating that there are people posting in this thread who are getting shipping notifications for Dominicides despite having ordered weeks after me.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10160 on: March 16, 2020, 11:46:26 AM »

There's something about a silver and black hilt rocking the VA blade, quite pleasing

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10161 on: March 16, 2020, 02:50:16 PM »

I'm sad to admit that I've just made a non-US lightsaber purchase. With the wait times being about 2 months from US at the moment, I just couldn't wait to get an RGB saber.
I found one online that have good reviews and seems on par with an RGB Aeon v2, but with a hilt design more like a Dark Standard issue. The seller had good reviews on the 3 main online auction sites (don't think I can mention which, but I'm sure everyone has hear of 2 of them) and it should arrive in a week.

I really wanted to stick with US, but I chose the wrong time to get addicted to sabers and I need my fix.
Once I get my saber with sound from US I ordered in January, plus this saber and my current Phantasm v2, I should be set for a while to weather this busy time.

I'm hoping to get shipping confirmation soon on my Sentinel v5 LE with sound from US

-
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I've also ordered a flat acrylic "darksaber" blade. Both it and my RGB saber should be mailed Priority 2-Day sometime this week. So hopefully by Friday, I'll have both so I can have more to play with as I wait even longer for my US order

-

-

I wait the tales of woe. I have owned or played with sabers from nearly all of the production manufacturers and every one except Ultrasabers  has been a disappointment with several being given away just to get them out of my house. There a reason I have over 20 Ultrasabers  but only one or two of any others. And I have purchased from the names with the 6-8 months wait times and others with ship tomorrow availabilities.  The wait for an Ultrasaber is still better than most end results.

I wait the tales of woe. I have owned or played with sabers from nearly all of the production manufacturers and every one except Ultrasabers  has been a disappointment with several being given away just to get them out of my house. There a reason I have over 20 Ultrasabers  but only one or two of any others. And I have purchased from the names with the 6-8 months wait times and others with ship tomorrow availabilities.  The wait for an Ultrasaber is still better than most end results.
This is why I only wanted to buy from US, but waiting over a month sucks. I wish I made the jump to start buying sabers last year before the backlog.
The ONLY reason I decided to get the saber I bought from a non-US vender is because they've had very good reviews over the last 2 years, and several of their recent feedback included Jan/Feb 2020 reviews that the saber was delivered in a week as promised.
I think this is a very small seller that has gone under the radar during this saber rush and it appears they only sell 1 particular pre-made RGB stunt saber.
They also had a review video that showed the setup, which seemed exactly like US: Aluminum hilt with RGB LEDs, 3 Switches and a 4AAA battery pack.
Since that is EXACTLY what I wanted from an US RGB Aeon v2, I couldn't ignore the Will of the Force bringing this saber to my attention.

But you are right, there is a chance I get nothing, but at least the auction site I bought from will respond immediately if there is an issue

-
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:12:40 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10162 on: March 16, 2020, 04:13:24 PM »

Please avoid multi-posting in the threads. I've merged all of your posts into one to keep our thread clean. Thank you for your cooperation Smiley

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #10163 on: March 16, 2020, 04:23:48 PM »

Ah there we go. With the added details and description of the setup I know which saber you're getting even if I'm not sure which seller. Hope you will enjoy it.

I'm currently in week 19 out of 11-14 week lead time from another manufacturer who happens to be the only one making the particular costume hilt I need, so I know what ridiculous wait times are. They did respond quickly when I emailed but the reply was defensive and completely avoided the question i had asked so i call that worse than no answer. I also have enough experience in this to know exactly what to expect since they use the exact same electronics I would if I could get an empty hilt from them, but that's not their business model, they only sell full installs. So I know what overpaying is too.

Again I hope you do enjoy your new toy. I only offer words of wisdom here because I've been doing this long enough to know.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10164 on: March 16, 2020, 04:44:46 PM »

Please avoid multi-posting in the threads. I've merged all of your posts into one to keep our thread clean. Thank you for your cooperation Smiley
Sorry, that was not intentional. In fact, part of my above post is NOT my text. Something must have been misquoted and now my post is all jacked up. That's ok though, I think the gist of what I was saying is in there somewhere

-

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #10165 on: March 16, 2020, 05:54:23 PM »

You merged my reply sandwiched between two of his. Too much green in the avatar pics?

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10166 on: March 16, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »

You merged my reply sandwiched between two of his. Too much green in the avatar pics?

My mistake firehand. I'm just going through the forum merging people's double post

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #10167 on: March 16, 2020, 06:30:58 PM »

Not worried. I should update anyway. That Scorpion is blue now. We appreciate your efforts.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10168 on: March 16, 2020, 09:33:28 PM »

So I know I'm guilty of a bit of negativity here, mostly because a deciding factor in choosing US over the other guys was the 'fastest processing times in the galaxy' (which I guess is still true even if it's longer than expected), but I also want to share some perspective that might also add some positivity.

Out of curiosity, I went to the site of US's main competitor to see their lead times (which I didn't find oddly enough) but what I did find is that about half their entire stock is sold out, including their equivalent to Mystery boxes.
So it could be WAY worse. At least US has been able to send out Mystery boxes and has only a handful of hilts out of stock

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #10169 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:45 PM »

Out of curiosity, I went to the site of US's main competitor to see their lead times (which I didn't find oddly enough) but what I did find is that about half their entire stock is sold out, including their equivalent to Mystery boxes.
So it could be WAY worse. At least US has been able to send out Mystery boxes and has only a handful of hilts out of stock

Their lead times are buried in the "Orders & Shipping" portion of their "Help" drop down menu.  They state 12-15 weeks for regular orders.  It it is like mine I ordered, it will be longer than that.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: