Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2148365 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #13275 on: October 22, 2020, 11:11:26 AM »

Sooooooo...... Today was the day!!!

I would have uploaded the unboxing video, but I actually had an exam due today, so I've been a little preoccupied!!

Full reviews on these 3 (Frankensaber on left, dual Spectres on right) to follow AFTER the unboxing vid! Cheesy

"There has been an awakening.  Have you felt it?"

Man, that Frankensaber stands out!  Very nice!

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #13276 on: October 22, 2020, 11:29:03 AM »

I would have uploaded the unboxing video, but I actually had an exam due today, so I've been a little preoccupied!!

Full reviews on these 3 (Frankensaber on left, dual Spectres on right) to follow AFTER the unboxing vid! Cheesy

Those all look amazing, that Frankensaber also looks like it would be a great double bladed lightsaber if you could get a matching emitter and an led at the pommel end.

Let me know how the quick disconnect couple is, I ordered a vented coupler and only noticed the quick disconnect after my order shipped so might have to get one later (as would fit being on the fallen i've ordered)

Lightsabers

Crimson Fallen - Fire Orange w Silver FOC, V4 Sound, Extra Dorinian Pommel
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red, Stunt - Mystery Box
Initiate V3 - Adegan Silver, Stunt - Free Initiate

Gray Jedi Ret Soref
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Guardian of Balance

« Reply #13277 on: October 22, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »

Man, that Frankensaber stands out!  Very nice!
It is a BEAST!

The Spectre is a long saber, and this thing is just huge.  Gotta be pushing close to 18".
Those all look amazing, that Frankensaber also looks like it would be a great double bladed lightsaber if you could get a matching emitter and an led at the pommel end.

Let me know how the quick disconnect couple is, I ordered a vented coupler and only noticed the quick disconnect after my order shipped so might have to get one later (as would fit being on the fallen i've ordered)
That was my first thought with the Frankensaber, too!  The grips at both ends would make it perfect.  I may have to see if I can find someone that will modify it for me.
Until then, I will be having a lot of fun with pommels and emitters Cheesy

The quick release coupler is great!  If I had one complaint, it would be that they rotate pretty freely when connected, but even that is just a small gripe.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #13278 on: October 22, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »

Impressive. Most impressive.

Gray Jedi Ret Soref
Knight Lance Corporal

Guardian of Balance

« Reply #13279 on: October 22, 2020, 02:32:16 PM »

Impressive. Most impressive.
But I am not a Jedi, yet.

Thanks, Mercury!

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #13280 on: October 22, 2020, 03:26:59 PM »

So very nice. Thanks for the share.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

SeenAGreatLight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

Light-seeker

« Reply #13281 on: October 22, 2020, 07:24:33 PM »

The grips at both ends would make it perfect.  I may have to see if I can find someone that will modify it for me.
Until then, I will be having a lot of fun with pommels and emitters Cheesy

Them sabers are making my mouth water... XD  Congrats on finally receiving your three enchiladas!  Modifying the frankensaber to be double-bladed is an awesome idea if you can find someone to do it for you, although I suppose it would drain the battery twice as fast and you'd have to machine some holes for the speaker sound to get through.  Looks like you're going to be having a lot of fun either way!

"You're still struggling with the Dark Side."
"We will always struggle, but that is the test."
     -- Cal Kestis and Cere Junda

-----==]| Astrium Spectrum - A Jedi: Fallen Order Soundfont by SeenAGreatLight |[==-----

Gray Jedi Ret Soref
Knight Lance Corporal

Guardian of Balance

« Reply #13282 on: October 23, 2020, 04:27:48 PM »

Them sabers are making my mouth water... XD  Congrats on finally receiving your three enchiladas!  Modifying the frankensaber to be double-bladed is an awesome idea if you can find someone to do it for you, although I suppose it would drain the battery twice as fast and you'd have to machine some holes for the speaker sound to get through.  Looks like you're going to be having a lot of fun either way!
I sure hope so!

Unfortunately, I'm already having to perform surgery on my Frankensaber.  I hooked it up last night and uploaded a new sound font to it, and when I put it back together, something is binding somewhere and the saber loses power.  Comes back on when I loosen the pommel, but when i tighten back up same thing happens.

SeenAGreatLight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

Light-seeker

« Reply #13283 on: October 23, 2020, 06:34:19 PM »

Unfortunately, I'm already having to perform surgery on my Frankensaber.  I hooked it up last night and uploaded a new sound font to it, and when I put it back together, something is binding somewhere and the saber loses power.  Comes back on when I loosen the pommel, but when i tighten back up same thing happens.

Shoot, sorry to hear that.  Maybe when you screw on the pommel it's causing the battery case/motherboard to twist and strain the cords?  Maybe you could try slightly twisting the battery case the opposite direction of the direction you screw on the pommel.  Still, I don't have any experience with fixing sabers, so I dont want to mislead you.

"You're still struggling with the Dark Side."
"We will always struggle, but that is the test."
     -- Cal Kestis and Cere Junda

-----==]| Astrium Spectrum - A Jedi: Fallen Order Soundfont by SeenAGreatLight |[==-----

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #13284 on: October 26, 2020, 11:03:52 AM »

So my order got to the Uk on Friday, got to my local deport at 1am on Saturday but annoyingly had special handling of "Weekday Only". They attempted to deliver today but annoyingly just after I left for work and before my partner woke up so hopefully they will retry tomorrow.
The closer things are the worse the wait gets, next two days of work are going to be agonising.

Lightsabers

Gray Jedi Ret Soref
Knight Lance Corporal

Guardian of Balance

« Reply #13285 on: October 26, 2020, 09:25:25 PM »

Shoot, sorry to hear that.  Maybe when you screw on the pommel it's causing the battery case/motherboard to twist and strain the cords?  Maybe you could try slightly twisting the battery case the opposite direction of the direction you screw on the pommel.  Still, I don't have any experience with fixing sabers, so I dont want to mislead you.
I've tried just about everything I can think of, short of trimming the wires inside the hilt; there just seems to be too much wiring that is causing strain.  However, that has now taken a back seat to the fact that one of my Spectres just lost its red LED diode :/ super bummed that I'm probably going to have to ship it back for repair.

Toolmaker16
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #13286 on: October 26, 2020, 10:13:27 PM »

I had sent customer service my wish list to see if they had anything on-hand that would help keep me occupied while I wait for my August order.
These colors just aren't me, but if anyone is interested, the Crimson Scorpion, Crimson Omen and the Crimson & LE Grand Master are in stock.

AustinChaos22
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #13287 on: October 27, 2020, 03:20:40 AM »

Hey, I was hoping someone could give me a quick update. After I received my saber earlier in the year, I haven't followed anything regarding US. In starting to think about another purchase, I'm just curious if things have picked up in production times and customer communication?

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks all! Smiley

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #13288 on: October 27, 2020, 08:06:28 AM »

Hey, I was hoping someone could give me a quick update. After I received my saber earlier in the year, I haven't followed anything regarding US. In starting to think about another purchase, I'm just curious if things have picked up in production times and customer communication?

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks all! Smiley

Customer service has from what I can see and the production time is really dependant on what you order, I recommended emailing a list of hilts that interest you to find out if you'd be expecting a wait or almost instant ship similar to what Toolmaker16 did in the post above yours.

Lightsabers

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #13289 on: October 27, 2020, 09:30:40 AM »

So my order got to the Uk on Friday, got to my local deport at 1am on Saturday but annoyingly had special handling of "Weekday Only". They attempted to deliver today but annoyingly just after I left for work and before my partner woke up so hopefully they will retry tomorrow.
The closer things are the worse the wait gets, next two days of work are going to be agonising.

And my partner has messaged me to say the parcel has been delivered. Will do an unboxing when I get home, will be my first ever attempt so hopefully will come out alright.

Lightsabers

Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: